October 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone do "twilight" feedings?

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times. If baby falls asleep before bedtime, giving them a bottle without really waking them. I get that they'll suck without fully waking but don't they wake up when you burp them? If you e done it, what's your process- how do you handle things?

Re: Anyone do "twilight" feedings?

• Options
    My LO falls asleep during her 4am feeding. I actually dont burp her then. She hasnt had any issues. No spit up or anything.
  • Options
    farwellmamafarwellmama member
    edited December 2015
    Same...I don't burp her during the night (and she's normally a big burper and happy spitter) and she doesn't have any problems :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also dont change her in the middle of the night. Lots of aquaphor to bum and pampers baby dry diaper!. Then i dont have to unswaddle. Since i srarted this shes been sleeping a 5 hour stretch..20 mins for feed and rocking then a 3 hour stretch, 20 mins and then doze in bed with me for another hour or 2.
  • Options
    I dont burp my LO during the nights or change nappy unless he does a poo (which is never thank god) and have had no problems.
  • Options
    My LO sleeps from about 930 to 230. Then he starts to squirm a lot so I move him from the cosleeper to the bed and quickly change his diaper. No lights or talking. Then I feed him and try to burp for a few minutes. Sometimes I get one and sometimes I don't. If I don't he seems to sleep more restlessly due to gas.
  • Options
    I do the rocking burp at night and it's amazing. Baby burps but doesn't wake her up. I got the technique from someone posting on here. You sit baby on your knee and rock back and forth (side to side from their perspective). I hold LO head with a hand behind head and the other under her chin.
  • Options
    I don't burp him during night time feeds. I do hold him upright for 10-15 minutes after he finishes and sometimes he burps on his own but I don't force it.
  • Options
    I also don't burp during night feeds. LO usually passes out after 5-10 minutes and I just put him back down. He really just wakes up long enough to show he's hungry and find a boob.
  • Options
    I don't burp at night either. Like others have said she will burp in her own if she needs to. She seems to eat more sleepily/lazy during night feedings so she doesn't suck as much air. Then she does need to be burped as much as day time feedings.
  • Options
    If he wakes up in the night to eat, i change him, feed him, then burp him. As long as i leave the lights off and don't talk to him, he falls right back to sleep when i set him down. It's amazing. Sometimes he lays awake or fusses a bit, but never for too long.