October 2015 Moms

Holidays and In-Laws Don't Mix!

So today made me really wish my husband was an orphan! I was actually pretty excited to celebrate our sons first Christmas with my SO family. We go about the usual gift giving and I'm passing out gifts to everyone. I will admit I take a lot of time to think about what each niece or nephew will lake and I spend a decent amount of money on each kid ($50 or so). So while I didn't expect the same for my son I was shocked that one of my husbands SIL gave our son a $1 plate and a clearance Christmas one two sizes too big. I may be over reacting but I was beyond pissed. This SIL and I aren't close at all (old drama) but I have never dragged the kids into it. Add to that her 13 year old son kept complaining about his gift the entire day. So as my mother says do unto others as you wish done unto you. From now on her kids are getting $5 gifts! I feel childish but don't mess with my two month old who did nothing to deserve to be treated like crap. Ok... Rant over.... Hope everyone else had a great Christmas!!!

Re: Holidays and In-Laws Don't Mix!

• My turn to rant... I was so excited to celebrate our first Christmas as a family of 3 but my in laws invites themselves to spend 5 days over xmas with us. And they are Jewish!! They don't even celebrate Christmas! They are usually on a cruise at this time. So our quite Christmas turned into a big ordeal with me having to manage an 8wk old and cook a holiday feast. Too much but glad it's done.