Military Families

gender blood test

Hey ladies! I was just wondering if any of you know if tricare will cover the harmony test or panorama test? The blood tests you have done around 10 weeks I believe for genetic disorders and it also tells you the sex of the baby. I had IVF done so I'm high risk for now anyways I don't know if I will be still when they send me to my regular ob (I'm 7 weeks). I plan on calling tricare this week to find out but thought I'd ask you ladies here in case any of you have had experience with it. Thanks!

Re: gender blood test

• They didn't cover it for me with my first pregnancy but I am under 35 and wasn't high risk. My next pregnancy I will be high risk. If the OB thinks it's necessary to have it done, I think it's covered. At least that was how it was explained to me last year. :)
    Anniversary

• I'm pregnant with my fourth baby. I didn't ask but my ob also didn't offer. I think you get asked mainly if your high risk and your age plays a big part.
  • Loading the player...
  • **lurker**
    This test is for serious genetic issues. The only reason you find out the sex earlier is because some genetic issues are sex linked. It is NOT just a "gender blood test". It's not something just to request because you want it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I've had quite a few blood tests during this pregnancy, mainly because the office screwed up. I have been referred multiple times to an off post hospital as well for ultrasounds and everything has been covered. Your best bet is to call your rep and they can figure it out for you.
  • It was covered for me & I am considered high risk. And I did ask for it. Of course you can ask for it. We all know the genetic testing is the important part of this test, the gender is a nice perk. I have heard that some physicians will not reveal the gender.
    So if there is a reason you are considered high risk they should cover it. Just ask your OB when you see them.
  • I'm AD and having both blood tests and NT done despite not being high-risk. I'm huge believer in being prepared, especially considering I'll ETS if baby is healthy. I don't know whether this will tell us the sex, but I'm having blood work done both 1st and 2nd trimesters to determine likelihood of trisomies and to see whether I'm a CF carrier.
  • I'm AD at 22weeks and I just had the blood test to check for genetic abnormalities that's it. Found out gender at 20 weeks which is standard.
  • I'm 36 and it was covered for me at 10 weeks.
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• I had an abnormal nt so my doctor ordered it, they said it should be covered because it was needed. Unfortunately the company my ob uses doesn't accept tricare. They use counsyl.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">