February 2016 Moms
Options

Hypnobabies Holiday Checkin

Hey Hypno-mamas. Just checking in on progress, questions, etc.

I'm a little anxious about finding time to listen to my hypnosis tracks/affirmations and practice self-hypnosis over the holidays, but I actually love that this course forces me to take some quiet "me time". I'm doing Lesson 4 now, and it feels like it's starting to come together - only every time I lie down and switch "off" I get crazy itchy.

How's it going for you all?

Re: Hypnobabies Holiday Checkin

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I just started in on maintenance this week, and I'm feeling pretty good. Still having the itchy twitchy thing as well, and it didn't last this long last time around, but I'm not worrying about it - OP do you know that it's a totally normal stage when you're learning self-hypnosis? Here's the article that I remember reading about it: https://www.enjoybirth.com/faq-itchy.html

I'm having a little bit harder time getting my practice in with the busyness of the holidays too, but I've made it work for the most part. Today I did my daily track and finger drop practices in the car on our 2 hour drive home (on headphones). I also listen to tracks when I go to bed at night to sneak them in there, too.

My main goal is to start doing more visualization of my birthing time. Last time, I was completely comfortable for the first 17 hours, until the last few minutes of transition and pushing (about when I hit a 9, so the last 15 minutes of transition and 15 minutes of pushing). For the past year and a half I had thought of it as 'It started to be painful, I got scared, and felt out of control.' I JUST realized that the better way to see it is that so much of the discomfort was the direct result of not choosing to continue using my HB techniques. If I had taken a moment to recollect myself and gone back into hypnosis, maybe things wouldn't have felt out of control, even in the end! So, anyway, I'm working to visualize myself continuing to use HB techniques ALL the way through, and talking to my husband about how he can help me regain focus in those moments.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish your last birth sounds amazing - I'm so glad to hear HB helped you stay calm and focused for so long. I heard from a friend something very similar, that at the end she sort of reverted to instinct, lost focus and stopped using hypnosis because she felt there wasn't time. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@MississippiCatfish your last birth sounds amazing - I'm so glad to hear HB helped you stay calm and focused for so long. I heard from a friend something very similar, that at the end she sort of reverted to instinct, lost focus and stopped using hypnosis because she felt there wasn't time. Good luck!

Thank you! Sometimes I forget how amazing it is that I was totally comfortable from 8am til 1am and focus on the short time at the end...how silly:) But on the other hand, no reason not to set my sights even higher this time, right!?

Merry Christmas to you!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker