Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Due date blues.

My due date would have been this Jan 6th. I lost lost my little bean in July at 3 1/2 months. I was doing so well the last few months until this week. I find myself overwhelmed with grief as the date gets nearer. Has anyone else had experience with "due date blues?" If so, did you do anything special to help heal?

Re: Due date blues.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm in the same exact boat. Recovering from another MMC. The first baby I lost was due Dec. 26th. We concieved again in early Oct. and were going to announce at Christmas.
    Needless to say, Christmas sucks this year.
    For healing, one thing I want to do is take the sono pics and put them in plastic ornaments to hang on the tree, at least for this year while it's all so fresh. This way I also know I'm not just keeping them contained in my mind for the sake of making it seem like it's a normal Christmas. It helps I have 3 toddlers to focus on too. My recoveries have been slow & difficult and they've been so good through it all.
    If I was just dealing with the 1 loss and hadn't gotten pregnant or MC again, I'd still go to the usual big family get together for the love and joy to get me through the day. I would suggest maybe still considering that for yourself, it may do more good.
    I won't be attending anything this year. I'm still in quite a bit of pain and exhausted. Just want a quiet day for myself with my family.
    Hopefully some other women jump into the comments with other suggestions, I could use some as well. I hope you feel better!
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am in the boat as well. Jan 1st is/was our due date for our first loss of the year. And I can tell the closer it gets the more my emotions are all over the place.

I have milestone blues as well. Yesterday a girl thay is due at the same time as our 2nd due date in may found out what she was having. And that tore me up.

I think it is just part of the process we have to go through.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first pregnancy's due date was 1/1/15- and I was a hot mess last year.  New Years is officially ruined for me forever.  We just lost our second pregnancy and I'm dreading New Years this year too.  When we were still pregnant I was planning on going out to dinner and then going to bed early- but now- I'm thinking I'll be skipping dinner too.  Milestone blues are hard- and there was times throughout the entire year that I would get hit with something hard- like seeing a very pregnant woman close to due date or meeting an acquaintance's  baby that was the same age as ours.  

My advice- just go through it.  Feel the emotions you don't want it.  Cry it out.  I started to feel better last year after our date was behind me.  There were/ are still things that get to me- but overall it got easier.  If we had not gotten pregnant again I think I would be okay this New Years - not I"m going to go out and party like I did in years past- but not crying or angry at life either.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @kcmichel @cammlyn @LilLynch2015 thank you ladies for sharing your stories and support. I'm so sorry for your losses too. I'm hoping that we all get through this sensitive time of year with more joy than sorrow. Xo