February 2016 Moms
Options

pgal check-in 12/23

How is everyone doing with the holidays? I know for me, I had a lot of daydreams for my baby centered on Christmas. Which just made it that much harder when Christmas rolled around and she wasn't there. Extra big hugs for anyone struggling!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: pgal check-in 12/23

• Options
    Thank you so much @rainbowminion for the check in! A year ago today we went in for our first ultrasound and there was only a yolk sac and no heartbeat. We had been planning on telling everyone on Christmas about the baby and it was just devastating to have to tell them why we were so upset. Anyway, everything seems great with this baby and I'm very grateful that so much has changed in a year. I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow, she was head down at my appointment last week, I can feel her kicking away, and I feel great mostly (aside from my overall anxiety about something terrible happening between now and delivery). I would just like to fast forward to her being safely here in our arms and knowing she'll be ok. We have a scan on the 30th to see if my placenta has moved up and if it hasn't, I'm ok with having a c section.

How have the holidays been for you? I hope everyone finds moments of peace in what can be such a difficult time.
  • Options
    @mwmiller4  I'm sorry, what a sad memory for you. It will definitely be a relief to have my little guy safely in my arms. I think I might have mentioned before, but I almost wish for a c section. It just seems more predictable and controllable. But my OB would rather not do a c section as long as it's safe, so we're monitoring his weight and doing weekly NSTs to see what the best thing for him will be. 

It's been over 4 years since our Mary died, so things are a little different for me. I remember those early times though, and how extremely painful they were. This pregnancy is keeping me plenty distracted with complications (for me, not the baby, thank goodness). 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ladies, I am so sorry to hear how difficult of a time of year this is/has been for the both of you. I am glad though to hear that both have happy healthy little ones inside right now. I agree with you though @mwmiller4 sometimes I wish I were able to fast forward and have her here.
    I am doing okay, it is more of Easter and my birthday for me that will be hard. We were going to tell our family on Easter, but we found out the week prior we had a MMC, and had to start the process on my birthday and the day after. I am very thankful though to have the support of this group to get through all of that, and I'll have this little girl to hold during those difficult times. Hopefully these next couple of weeks, will be a distraction with business before we are all due. <3
  • Options
    I'm sorry the holidays have become so bittersweet for so many of us.

We told our families last year at Christmas with two different gifts/puzzles. I've got DH's family reveal video on my phone, he has mine. The pregnancy ended sometime around then based on the ultrasound we had about three weeks later. It's been in my mind a little more as Christmas approaches - but luckily I've been pretty busy and distracted. The quiet moments are tough.

I'm starting to get much more anxious about delivery. At 18 weeks, I was told I had vasa previa, along with placenta previa and succenturiate placenta with velamentous cord insertion. The MFM told me I would be monitored regularly with u/s and would delivery early (between 34 and 36 weeks) via cs. Fast forward to 28 weeks and I was told I only had succenturiate placenta. I got a second opinion and this MFM agreed with the 28 week scan. He said he was puzzled. My ob has been very patient with my questions and concerns; she is willing to do a cs if I want. For now, I've opted to try for a natural birth but I'm starting to get scared. What if they are wrong? VP is harder to find as pregnancies progress. The consequences can be dire (fetal exsanguination, brain damage, CP).

At the last scan, lo was transverse. If she doesn't move by my next us, I'll likely be booked for a cs. I would love to have a natural birth and avoid surgery but part of me hopes she doesn't move. Then the decision is made for me. I just can't imagine losing her because of a missed diagnosis.

Sorry for the long post - apparently I had more on my mind than I thought.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely a bitter sweet holiday for me... last year I had a CVS done. They ruptured my amniotic sac. Healthy baby boy... I was 11 weeks and had a d&c December 20th. My first pregnancy.... Worst Christmas ever. Cant help but think of my other little one up in heaven. I feel very blessed to be pregnant with another baby boy, and 31 weeks. No matter how huge and uncomfortable I am, I would do this a million times over to have this little guy. It's all worth it.

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16