June 2015 Moms

Healthy Mamas -December

13»

Re: Healthy Mamas -December

• Loading the player...
  • @alcrimmins Awesome! I'm also ignoring the scale, at least until I'm done bf.
  • @alcrimmins that's great! Ignoring the scale here too until I'm done breastfeeding
  • @elruby I finally brewed the tea for tonight.. There's no way I'll forget now. I'm ready to rumble lol
  • @Mommaswizz hope everything comes out ok lol!

I never brewed it in advance I just usually drink it immediately.
  • Haha I'd love a tea update too! I am considering getting some.
  • i saw it said to brew 12 oz but only drink 6 and save six for the following day. So I figured while I remembered I'd brew it early and save it as 2 servings. I'm sure this is a weirder way of doing it lol. I'm heating it up now,
  • Update, so far everything is normal. Maybe I shouldn't have brewed it early? I'll definitely brew tonight's right before I have it. Maybe I won't bother doing 12 oz either. That's just too diluted.
  • @Mommaswizz I just brew a mug of tea and drink it all (I use the keurig to make hot water or just microwave until it boils).... You should have been in the bathroom several times this morning....
  • Damnit. It must have been too diluted. I've only had my usual bathroom breaks. Ok. I'm off tomorrow. I'm gonna brew like I would a normal cup of tea. I'm a big girl, I can probably handle it. Tomorrow is try #2... Get it!!! Ohh I'm such a mom. Poop jokes lol
  • @Mommaswizz how did it go today?
  • @elruby it was definitely more potent the other way but it really wasn't that bad. I'm curious how ill feel with a few days of this. It's pretty tasty too (I got the lemon mint flavor)
  • @elruby it was definitely more potent the other way but it really wasn't that bad. I'm curious how ill feel with a few days of this. It's pretty tasty too (I got the lemon mint flavor)

I always have stuck with the original... Do they have the same effectiveness? I drank mine with a side of chocolate chip cookies tonight... I hope they cancel each other out haha
  • From what I could tell from the Amazon reviews, the effectiveness sounded the same across the board. I had yesterday's tea after 3 glasses of wine. Oops 
  • I finally get both kids in bed and sit down with my beer (and nachos) and my step counter starts buzzing at me to move. Apparently I have 14 more steps to my goal. Fuck no. This pear shanty is excellent and these nachos are going straight to my ass, Kim Kardashian watch out. I wonder if I can get from the couch to bed in less than 14 steps? Maybe be someone brings me my toothbrush and I take really big steps.

Mother, may I take 15 baby steps?
    No, you may not.

Mother, may I take 13 giant steps?
    Yes, you may.
  • Does anyone have a fitbit? Let me know and we can be friends! I just got one for christmas.
  • @hudson202 Jealous! I would love one. Let me know how you like it.
  • @hudson202 I did! I haven't set it up yet but I think we can challenge each other which would be fun!
  • @hudson202 Yes! I've had one for a few years and DH upgraded me over Christmas!
  • Our ymca offers 2 hours of free childcare per day - LO and I start a swim class in 2 weeks and I'm hoping to feel inspired enough to work out separately!
  • Sammy K said:

@hudson202 Jealous! I would love one. Let me know how you like it.

@Sammy K , also check out the Moov. I haven't finished setting mine up yet, but have read good things, so I'm excited - its supposed to actually analyze form to help improve pace, endurance and efficiency (even does sprint intervals), not just count steps. Really hoping it helps me get the most out of the short amount of time I have available.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• henrytviiihenrytviii member
    edited December 2015
    @Sammy K I think you would much prefer Garmin VivoActive. It does running, biking and pool swimming as well as the step counter. You can upload and view everything on Garmin Connect. I never actually upload mine but I could if I had someone to compare with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fitbit users... Why do I sometimes see people's steps go down instead of up during the week? It is so confusing ... Shouldn't weekly steps always go up or at the very least stay the same?
  • ^^I'm pretty sure it is a "rolling" 7 days, so if you had a particularly good day, and it falls off, then your weekly step count will go down.
  • hudson202 said:

^^I'm pretty sure it is a "rolling" 7 days, so if you had a particularly good day, and it falls off, then your weekly step count will go down.

Thanks!