2nd Trimester
Options

Has anyone had 4D and noticed creepy things in your ultrasound?

Had a scan (paid for it at 13 weeks) because my hub wanted to see the baby and can't make it to my appointments. They gave me a 4D shot and I see another face next to the baby. It's just really weird and kinda creeping me out. The other 2d shots looks like there's extra limbs in the background. I'm not a tech and I know you guys aren't either so I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar. I had a 6 week scan and there was one baby. I feel like a trained tech would determine twins by now. Baby is healthy :-)

Re: Has anyone had 4D and noticed creepy things in your ultrasound?

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Yes, in my opinion they are almost always creepy looking when done so early. I definitely wouldn't opt for one until I was in the third trimester. I actually didn't know they even do them at 13 weeks
  • Options

Yes, in my opinion they are almost always creepy looking when done so early. I definitely wouldn't opt for one until I was in the third trimester. I actually didn't know they even do them at 13 weeks

I think maybe the tech did it because they were looking for the gender. It wasn't the cute little smoosh I had envisioned growing in my belly and now I can't help seeing "batman" hanging out in the back ground. Someone told me it was my baby's guardian angel...yeah, because that definitely helps me be less creeped out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HuggaTree said:
    I think maybe the tech did it because they were looking for the gender. It wasn't the cute little smoosh I had envisioned growing in my belly and now I can't help seeing "batman" hanging out in the back ground. Someone told me it was my baby's guardian angel...yeah, because that definitely helps me be less creeped out!
    Your smoosh won't be cute in these until way later in your pregnancy when they start putting on fat. Mine looked like a bear cub at the my anatomy scan at 19 weeks, but at my last ultrasound he looked like a baby and is super cute.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    During the AS the tech switched over to 3D for a fun glimpse of my LO. She printed off the pictures and I sent them to my husband. He noticed another face in the background and was convinced it was twins haha. Apparently 3D/4D scans give off this weird vibration causing images to mirror themselves. The tech said it happens quite often and people freak out thinking there's 2 in there.
  • Options
    ammnam14 said:

During the AS the tech switched over to 3D for a fun glimpse of my LO. She printed off the pictures and I sent them to my husband. He noticed another face in the background and was convinced it was twins haha. Apparently 3D/4D scans give off this weird vibration causing images to mirror themselves. The tech said it happens quite often and people freak out thinking there's 2 in there.

That's comforting...not that I wouldn't love twins just the same but I'd prefer just one :-)
  • Options
    Ours looked really weird too. We didn't see another face per se, but there definitely seemed to be too many limbs haha. He's all good and normal though. Those things just look weird.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The tech at my NT scan (12+4) hit the magic 3d/4d button and ours looked weird too. It's cute to see how they're laying in there but it still looks pretty creepy all in all.
  • Options
    I specifically declined the 4D option at my last sonogram (at 24 weeks). I don't like them at all.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

I specifically declined the 4D option at my last sonogram (at 24 weeks). I don't like them at all.

I would have denied it too if I knew she was going to do it...not everyone can handle it. I definitely didn't react the way I think the tech expected me to. I was pretty freaked out. I do understand it being a lot different further along.
  • Options
    HuggaTree said:
    I would have denied it too if I knew she was going to do it...not everyone can handle it. I definitely didn't react the way I think the tech expected me to. I was pretty freaked out. I do understand it being a lot different further along.
    Oh, I don't ever like them. And I don't want one, even at 40 weeks. I'll just wait to see what the kid looks like when it pops out.
  • Options
    At my 20 week level 2 a/s the doctor printed is a pic of baby's face. Creeeeepy. Baby looked seriously angular and very pissed off. Not enough fat at that stage to look cute!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It definitely looks like your baby has a super hero sidekick.
  • Options
    Lol it does look like batman that's interesting hahaha