TTC After a Loss
Options

Ovulation cramps 2 weeks after D&C?

Has anyone else had horribly painful ovulation cramps post D&C? I'm having what I can only describe as pinching near my left ovary along with a lot EWCM. I had a D&C exactly 14 days ago and typically have 33 day cycles. The bleeding stopped last week, but today I've had so much pain. I get ovary pain from time to time, but not like today. Is it weird for my cycle to speed up post-D&C? Anyone else have painful ovulation cramps right after MC? If not for the EWCM, I'd be more scared it was infection or scarring, but this seems like it has to be ovulation.

Re: Ovulation cramps 2 weeks after D&C?

• Options
    My first cycle post-miscarriage I had crazy ovulation pain. I can typically feel ovulation and am pretty tuned into it, but I was shocked by how noticeable it was.  My first cycle was also only 23 days, which is way shorter than usual. From my reading it looks like many women experience shorter cycles post-MC. 
    Good luck !
  • Options
    Thank you this is helpful! Also strange is that my BBT actually dropped yesterday and today to below 97 after spiking to above 98 a couple days ago. Is that normal or do I just have a really funky cycle right now?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it possible something you did caused the temperature spiking? If you're ovulating today/yesterday I'd say that the temperature dip is expected. Did you maybe drink those days or did you wake up a lot in your sleep or move around a lot? Those things can sometimes affect my BBT but everyone is different. I'd guess you're just having a whacky cycle while your body heals post D+C but I have no experience to draw from to help put your mind at ease :/ Hopefully you figure things out or things calm back down soon!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I did drink Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and Friday. I sound like a lush I know, but we've had much going on and after 8 weeks sober, I'm due!! I haven't read all TCOYF all the way through yet so I'm still trying to figure out what all the temperatures spiking and dropping mean. I thought I got a rise in temp and ovulation last time, but now I'm thinking I actually ovulated earlier and that was just my pregnancy setting in. Since it was out first cycle TTC, I kept forgetting to temp and I didn't follow through after my app told me I was done ovulating.
  • Options
    @chloe97 well drinking could cause it - and no, I don't think you're a lush, I drank a lot in November. Haha. If you weren't solidly temping it would be hard to track. Are you using fertility friend to track? You can mark when you drink so you have an idea that those temps might be off. Did you say pregnancy? As in you got a BFP recently? If so congratulations!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    No pregnancy yet, I am still benched until next cycle due my to D&C. I didn't realize that drinking could throw off the temps. If so my first chart when we conceived the baby that we miscarried is likely way off. This is all good to know and good incentive to stop drinking after the holidays when we start TTC-ing again! 
  • Options
    Hey there sorry for your loss. My D&C was 4 weeks ago tomorrow but bleeding only stopped 1.5 weeks ago. My OB confirmedy my pinching on my left side is a follicle/ovulation pain.

Good luck.
  • Options
    @chloe97 well at least now you know! Good luck TTC when you come off of the bench, and FX for your rainbow baby!!!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker