July 2015 Moms
Options

5 months and still not sleepng

Anyone else experiencing this? I feel like I have the only baby who doesn't sleep well. I can count on 2 hands how many times he has slept more than 3.5 hours straight. He nurses and goes right back to sleep but I feel there is no end in sight.

He goes down in his RnP and then we cosleep once he wakes up. I'm worried he's going to outgrow the RnP before he transitions to the crib. He still nurses every 2 hours during the day.

I'm not willing to let him CIO because he is legitimately hungry. I have a little snacker on my hands! Any tips?

Me: 33, DH: 35
Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
Dx: MFI
IUI #1 7/14: BFN
IUI #2 8/14: BFN
IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

Re: 5 months and still not sleepng

• Options
    My son also wakes up every 2-3 hours a night to nurse and goes back to sleep. I think once they pass the 6 month mark and start solids they might sleep more. A friend told me to just enjoy those late night feedings because they won't be little for ever. I know it can get hard but at the end it's all rewarding. Also teething and growth spurts can mess with their sleep. I've been co sleeping with my little one because it is easier when he wakes to nurse to just have him next to me and I've realized he sleeps longer when he feels me next to him. Hang in there mama! You are doing great, just know at the end it is worth it!! :blush:
  • Options
    My son still eats every two hours during the day also. He has never been a good sleeper either. Recently, He wasn't doing too bad at night, but still waking up between 1-3 times a night. He used to sleep in his RnP but outgrew that very quickly and has been sleeping in his crib since around 11 weeks. Lately he has been getting up a lot but I don't know if it's just a combination of the sleep regression and growth spurts? People say I need to CIO, but I really don't know if I can do it! I feel like if I held him all night he would probably sleep. I already feel like he sleeps on me enough when I get home from work after he nurses. And I never want to wake him up but know it needs to change! Trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel as well and hoping once he starts eating solids that it will get better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our daughter is 6 months and eats every 3 hours :)
  • Options
    Glad I'm not alone! I do love the quiet time alone at night, but some nights it's a lot. I'm more worried about when he outgrows the RnP because he doesn't like sleeping on his back in an open space like the crib.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    My girl is the same. Since she turned 3 months she wakes up 5-6 times a night! I lay her down drowsy and she puts herself to sleep, wakes up once and I re-insert her pacifer, then she sleeps for a good 3-4 hours. I try to dreamfeed her, sometimes she wakes up when I'm about to, then she wakes up again 2 hours later and continues this all night. Especially between 3-5am she wakes like 3 times. I feed her only if it's been 3 hours, put her in her crib, bouncer (she's congested) and our bed. The only thing that gets her back to sleep sometimes is to nurse, when it's not time. Her wake-up time is getting earlier and earlier too! Help!
  • Options
    Maybe have him checked for silent reflux, it's one of the symptoms (being a snacker)
    my lo was exactly the same and after getting help from a midwife and my pediatrician she is now sleeping 12hours straight at night. And drinks every 4 hours during the day. She used only last 1.5hours inbetween feedings and woke up 4 times at night
  • Options
    My little guy is the same. I know it's tough but I have heard so many times that solids will help. He still is eating every two hours day and night. My pediatrician didn't seem too concerned so for now I'm not going to worry. I felt like I was the only one so it's nice to see I'm not. Just trying to enjoy the cuddles as best I can right now.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. My lo has never slept through the night. At 3 mos. he started waking twice a night which was almost doable. Then at 4 mos. the one two punch of sleep regression and teething hit. Most nights, he's up at least three times now, but on bad nights he's woken up 5 or 6 times. He still takes two full feedings at night, eating every four hours like clockwork. But, during growth spurts that window shrinks to every 3.5 hours. I work full time and I'm exhausted.
  • Options
    My LO nurses every 2-3 hours day and night. Like PP said, they are only little for so long. Best of luck to you!!
  • Options
    I'm right there with you all too!  She is usually up 3 times per night and sometimes it's more like 4 or 5 times.  I'm pretty tired, as I know all of you are too!  I'm hoping that she starts sleeping more than 2 or 3 hours at a time soon, but do hold her longer than I need to after each feeding because the time together is special and so short lived.  My 3 year old slept through the night very early so this is totally new to me.
  • Options
    I decided to do away with the pacifier at night, waking 5 times just to replace it is just too much! We took it last night, she cried for 10 min and didn't seem to be lessening, so I fed her then changed her diaper and 2 min after laying down, was out! Her first wake-up was 1am, much better than 10pm, still woke about 2-3 times at 4-5am for it but didn't give in. Didn't give it at morning nap today, cried for 6 min and took a 2.5 hour nap, the longest EVER since probably week 4. Just layed her down now and 2 min in, sound asleep. Let's hope tonight is good!