May 2016 Moms

Is anyone else freaking out.....

That we're almost halfway done?!

I still have so many books to read, prenatal workout DVDs to do, and we haven't even started thinking about buying baby items yet! Anyone else feel like the clock is ticking way too fast?

Re: Is anyone else freaking out.....

• Naw, not here. This is #2 for me. Spent my last pregnancy stressing about all that stuff lol. We find out gender next week, I'll start doing some planning, shopping, and reorganizing after that. 
  • I am for sure, at 17 weeks I feel like I have so much to do! We get to find out the gender next week. Hopping that will get DH into gear to get some work done around the house. I want DH to read his books, and get some projects done around the house. So happy my MIL said she would come over to help paint once we know the gender! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Naw, not here. This is #2 for me. Spent my last pregnancy stressing about all that stuff lol. We find out gender next week, I'll start doing some planning, shopping, and reorganizing after that. 
    Ha, that must be it! I'm a FTM so I'm trying to plan every single little detail, from how to make birth as easy as possible to how to handle our baby when he's a rebellious teenager :)
  • Yep! The first is a fun one, lots you want to do, learn, and plenty to worry about. I loved every minute of it though!!
  • Yup, me.  I spent the whole weekend making a registry that I'm sure is still incomplete :)  I feel very unprepared.
  • I've been feeling so gross, I'm grateful to be halfway done! I'm still so tired and nauseous with bad headaches. I can't wait to just have my baby and feel better!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nope. I'm 16 weeks today. There's still plenty of time left. I honestly can't believe how much time is left. But this is my second so really, not much to do anyway. With my first, we were in the middle of a major renovation to make a nursery so was much more stressed out. It was barely finished before she was born.

Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Yes but I'm glad it's flying by bc this is #2 and I'm over the manic first baby phase. I'm ready for the baby to be here and still have 22 weeks to go. I don't have anything ready per se but all I really need to do is break out the pack n play and I'll be good to go.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Not yet- but I know I definitely will as time goes on!!! I'm 16 weeks so I'm still in that phase where may 15 (my EDD) feels like a million years away. I ask sorta feel like I'm still in that, "this doesn't feel real yet" phase. I think once I have my anatomy scan stuff will start to get very real, very quick!
  • A teeny tiny bit.

Yesterday I told DH that we have about 5 and a half months left. Which sounds far off, BUT, if I think about all the things to buy still (FTM) I feel kind of quesy.

We have our annual summer holiday coming up over Christmas, but for the first time DH won't have leave with me - he's starting a new job today. So I will try and make a dent in sorting the nursery and start working off the list of things to buy.
    I think I will feel better after that!
  • mhc13mhc13 member
    edited December 2015
    Not this time around! I just have a few things to buy. Ready to meet my little girl!

Eta: with my 1st nesting was in full force by 20 weeks and I was in total baby planning mode.
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• I'm feeling semi-prepared. We cleaned out the nursery room this past week. My MIL and husband helped me paint the nursery. I've been buying a few deals on Amazon, but I'm trying not to go too crazy. My husband and my mom have been telling me to stop buying stuff. I've bought a few clothes/onesies in each size 3mos-24mos, a few toys/stuffed animals, changing pad, swaddle cloths, a few books, safety cabinet magnetic locks, bathtub toys, etc. I haven't bought any diapers yet, but I don't think I'll stock pile since we don't have space to. I'm planning on doing Amazon mom though.

I'm nervous that I'm almost half way. I am really terrified of the labor and delivery. I am really excited for baby, but I'm also nervous about how everything will change dynamic wise between my husband and I. After FMLA's, he's going to be a stay at home dad. So it will be a lot of stress for us. 

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • Not really. I'm more excited to meet this child than anything! FTM, but previous m/c, so I'm not stressing about the little things, or even big things. I just look forward to the goal! If things aren't all planned or put together, oh well... as long as she's healthy, we're good.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Not yet. Until I feel this kid or really pop, I'm still not really believing Im pregnant (kinda). But really after Christmas it's 2016 already and that time will fly.

cat fail animated GIF

• We just decided to move cross country ideally in August so everything's extra up in the air now. I'm not yet freaking out about anything except money (part of the reason for the love out of Boston) & leaving the baby to return to teaching next school year, which feel like 2 huge things.
  • I'm not quite 15 weeks yet, so a little behind some of you ladies, but... is there really that much to do before it comes? Am I an idiot? I was just planning on getting a car seat, a crib, diapers, and a few clothes (probably a few other things), clearing out some space in our spare bedroom, and calling it good. I'll probably do this once I'm around 5-6 months in. Maybe once the nesting thing kicks in I'll feel compelled to do more, but right now I'm like "we're all set!"
  • Yes!! I have been nesting like a maniac. I had to force myself to go out to dinner with some friends because I am obsessed with getting the nursery ready and reorganizing the rest of the house. Not sure how finally setting up my fancy plates so they are on display in our breakfast nook will help with the baby, but it makes me feel better. When I think about our list it seems so long, but we are good about getting things done together so I think we will be okay.

Also, I am trying to convince DH to buy a new sleeper sofa "for the baby". He's trying to convince me to save "for the baby". He's probably gonna win that one ; ) 
  • Pascal86 said:
    I'm not quite 15 weeks yet, so a little behind some of you ladies, but... is there really that much to do before it comes? Am I an idiot? I was just planning on getting a car seat, a crib, diapers, and a few clothes (probably a few other things), clearing out some space in our spare bedroom, and calling it good. I'll probably do this once I'm around 5-6 months in. Maybe once the nesting thing kicks in I'll feel compelled to do more, but right now I'm like "we're all set!"
    It's all up to you. Sounds like you're pretty laid back with baby details so no worries. :) Some people like to go all out with the nursery which takes time. Others like to really work hard at paying down debt and saving money. Others do a lot of work on their house just to get projects done before dealing with a newborn. Some stuff isn't so much baby related just having a baby on the way has a tendency to "light a fire" under one's butt.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Pascal86 said:
    I'm not quite 15 weeks yet, so a little behind some of you ladies, but... is there really that much to do before it comes? Am I an idiot? I was just planning on getting a car seat, a crib, diapers, and a few clothes (probably a few other things), clearing out some space in our spare bedroom, and calling it good. I'll probably do this once I'm around 5-6 months in. Maybe once the nesting thing kicks in I'll feel compelled to do more, but right now I'm like "we're all set!"
    It's all up to you. Sounds like you're pretty laid back with baby details so no worries. :) Some people like to go all out with the nursery which takes time. Others like to really work hard at paying down debt and saving money. Others do a lot of work on their house just to get projects done before dealing with a newborn. Some stuff isn't so much baby related just having a baby on the way has a tendency to "light a fire" under one's butt.
    Makes sense! These things all sound like good ideas... I got married in August so I think after six months of non-stop planning/prepping for something big like that, I'm all out of steam! Definitely trying to save money, but that's more just business as usual. And nursery is going to be in husband's "closet" (bedroom that he has taken over completely), so I guess I'm just putting that all on him to clear out and set up haha.
  • I am WAY too busy with work and finance stress to worry too much about baby right now.  I am also in the "it still doesn't feel quite real" stage.  I have a feeling that the second January hits, I'll be in total freak-out mode.  That is when I'll be half-way and we find out the sex.  It's when we'll actually have some money to buy a few things and also when I'll need to start planning on a maternity photo shoot and such.  But seriously, I just can't think about any of that until after Christmas!!
  • It hit me this morning that I am just 2 weeks away from being halfway done. So crazy!
  • I'm only 15 weeks but I feel like its going fast. Not really in freak out mode but I start nesting earlier and earlier each pregnancy. This is also my fourth child so the only reason I'm really freaking out is because idk if I'll have enough attention for all of my kids. And DH starts the fire season when we're due (hmm just realized that). He missed the birth of our second child because he was on a fire. That's something to look forward to.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Not freaking out, but doing a happy dance! I am so over being pregnant lol
  • 19 weeks today and the most I've done is receive hand me downs from my mom friends. There isn't all that much I feel needs to happen before this little girl gets here. A few people are planning showers and I'm sure I'll get necessities around then but babies don't need all that much stuff. For now I'm just passing time and researching for the big day while making room for whatever stuff we will need.
  • I've done nothing if it makes anyone feel any better. 20 weeks today! ha

• Yes. At my a/s yesterday it hit me that in 19 weeks I will have a 3rd baby. And that freaks me out. 3 under 3 is so much more terrifying than 2 under 2 for me! But I'm excited at the same time, which is such a strange feeling to me! I got this though. I have to :)
  • I'm in the same boat with you and I'm 20 weeks! Some moms like all the frills- the bouncy seat and all the clothes and a whole room set up. My baby isn't going to be sleeping in their room for a few months and I am sort of against all those bouncy seats and entertainment centers. I'm cloth diapering so I'm working on getting some of those, I bought one ring sling when it was on super sale, and I'm waiting on a hand me down crib. My mom (who did three kids under three) gave me a very simple list. Eventually I'll do some crock pot meal prep just cuz it'll be fun and I'll do a house deep clean but that's pretty much it.
    The best advice I got (and I've gotten it a few times) is to focus on simple. Your baby is a person, you don't know them yet or what they'll love or hate.
  • I'm freaking out. I'm going to have 2 and that makes me so nervous. We have to completely redo the baby's room as it has ancient wood paneling and old nasty carpet. While I'm not worried about it for sleeping because DD was in with us for 7 months, the nesting side of me is freaking out. 
  • Nope. Not freaking out at all. I'm very seasoned, though. The only thing I need is a car seat, which I will buy in April. Anything else can wait until I need it.
  • I was freaking out a little as well! The nursery is still a mess, so many things I have to check off and then these doubts: will I be a good mommy? Am I prepared when it's time?! But then this week I added another stocking for sweet Connor and I had to cry, totally blessed! Prepared or not! I will love him uncoditionally. There most likely will be days where I'm overwhelmed and won't have everything 100% organized or done. But I know in my heart now, none of these things matter. Slowly realizing the bigger picture and again, what a blessing!
  • edited December 2015
    Last pregnancy I knew how many weeks I was to the day every day, got to put my feet up to read baby books and pregnancy books, research baby topics, talk with DH about the new baby, etc.

This one I don't have time to freak out because I am too busy taking care of my toddler all the time. This pregnancy is the total opposite of my last pregnancy. Even if I try to freak out I don't have the time or energy for any of that after 24/7 toddler care. I have become much more laid back this pregnancy than last.
  • I'm freaking out about the complete opposite - how much time we DO have left. I already feel like this journey has taken so long, and to be only halfway through it has me incredibly anxious.
  • heck no! DH just got layed off in the middle of an entire house renovation and our bed is currently in the dining room while the second half of the house is closed off completely because it's freezing.. Baby's room isn't even a room yet and all I have is a stroller and car seat from last year. 20 weeks this week and for some reason I'm extremely calm about all this. Actually seeing it written down kind of freaks me out now.. Whoops.
  • edited December 2015
    Last pregnancy I knew how many weeks I was to the day every day, got to put my feet up to read baby books and pregnancy books, research baby topics, talk with DH about the new baby, etc. This one I don't have time to freak out because I am too busy taking care of my toddler all the time. This pregnancy is the total opposite of my last pregnancy. Even if I try to freak out I don't have the time or energy for any of that after 24/7 toddler care. I have become much more laid back this pregnancy than last.
    I was honestly fairly laid back last time too. This time? This time I sometimes forget I'm pregnant.

• The only thing I'm freaking out about is we bought a house! It will close on Feb 11. It needs some small repairs done (carpet, paint, light fixtures) before we move in. I am a bit of a control freak, and knowing I won't be able to do everything for the move bums me out.
  • Unicorn522Unicorn522 member
    edited December 2015

Last pregnancy I knew how many weeks I was to the day every day, got to put my feet up to read baby books and pregnancy books, research baby topics, talk with DH about the new baby, etc.

This one I don't have time to freak out because I am too busy taking care of my toddler all the time. This pregnancy is the total opposite of my last pregnancy. Even if I try to freak out I don't have the time or energy for any of that after 24/7 toddler care. I have become much more laid back this pregnancy than last.

I was honestly fairly laid back last time too. This time? This time I sometimes forget I'm pregnant.

This is me too. I was super laid back the first time through which is incredibly ironic because I had PPD afterward bad. This time around I've been so busy that I don't get much time to think about it. Our plans in the next few months include buying a house and I have been able to stay calm about it so far. I'm sure as time gets closer I'll get more nervous but for now I'm doing just fine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last pregnancy I knew how many weeks I was to the day every day, got to put my feet up to read baby books and pregnancy books, research baby topics, talk with DH about the new baby, etc. This one I don't have time to freak out because I am too busy taking care of my toddler all the time. This pregnancy is the total opposite of my last pregnancy. Even if I try to freak out I don't have the time or energy for any of that after 24/7 toddler care. I have become much more laid back this pregnancy than last.
    **** This is me too. I was super laid back the first time through which is incredibly ironic because I had PPD afterward bad. This time around I've been so busy that I don't get much time to think about it. Our plans in the next few months include buying a house and I have been able to stay calm about it so far. I'm sure as time gets closer I'll get more nervous but for now I'm doing just fine.
    Our house is currently on the market and we are doing some minor repairs (no one tell my OB that I am doing the majority of the painting...with all the windows open of course so really not a big deal, but still), looking for a new house, maybe a new job, etc.  So most of my focus has been on those big life changes as I'm not 100% where we're moving, etc. Having a baby is seeming pretty minor compared to the other stuff I'm dealing with.

• amscapeamscape member
    edited December 2015
    Like a few recent posters I'm more worried about the other life changes going on. I've been surprisingly calm throughout this pregnancy so far- ok, after the day we found out because that was a total shock & freak out!

However we decided to move from MA to Austin, TX (both lived there for 5+ years, have family in state) this summer for cost of living reasons. This means finding 2 new jobs, an actual move with a baby, finding daycare there, making sure we never lapse in health insurance, and finding our 1st house to buy. Oh man! If PPD hits, I have absolutely no idea how next summer with all this change is going to happen.

Luckily pregnancy has calmed my normally medium-high anxiety so far because writing this post made me feel way more overwhelmed than I have so far!
  • No freaking out so early. There is more than enough time to prepare!