March 2016 Moms

Who has an upcoming baby shower??

On my previous birth month board people would post (or maybe we had one sticky post) pictures of their shower, gifts, decorations, etc.  I loved seeing them and living vicariously through other people's showers.  So if you have an upcoming shower feel free to post some pics and a recap!!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who has an upcoming baby shower??

• @hellomylittleone mine is on the same day! Hosted by my mom, sister, and MIL. Your invites are so cute! :)
    image"">
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine will also be the 17th! Lol my husband and I are hosting it ourselves for his side of the family since no one offered. Which is fine his family will be helping decorate and plan games and things like that. :) My mom and sister will be throwing me one February 13th for my side of the family and a few of my friends. My theme is elephants! Elephants everywhere!! Lol
  • Another one for Jan 17th! Must be a popular day! I'm somewhat overwhelmed at the number of people invited. It's over 80. Mainly family and my mom and mil's friends. I have a whopping 11 friends invited. I'm not into big events like this but they were out of control on the guest list!
  • Mine is for January 18th- MLK day. All of my friends, coworkers, and most of my family have that day off from work so why not? My cousin is hosting the shower at her mom's house. That's all I know so far lol. Oh and my guest list had about 30-35 people on it.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Jan 16th here!! My friend will be sending out the invites as soon as she gets them in the mail, but she sent me a picture! They're blue and grey and have two elephants on them :) she didn't know but elephants are my absolute favorite animal!! :)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Mine will be the 17th too. My aunt is hosting and I can't wait!
  • Mine is the 16th as well :-) Looks like we have a lot for that weekend.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Another one for January 16th! My sister and BF are planning this shower for family and friends and I know absolutely nothing about this shower, I'm glad my BF is helping since my sister and I do not always see eye to eye on things. :blush:  Then my mom will be hosting a work "shower" on the 23rd of January, that will really be more of a department gathering with men, women, and spouses - much more casual and less shower oriented. My mom & I work at the same CC and teach in the same department so this is the perfect one for her to be planning and hosting. 
  • @canadiangirl57 you definitely should have one! You get the bonus of also being able to celebrate the addition of your 3 year old daughter, as well!
  • Ours is on Feb 6. We recently moved 3 hours away from friends, so we're doing a coed friends reunion/baby shower. I can't wait to see all of our friends that we don't get to see as much!
  • January 17th
  • My mom and sister are hosting a sprinkle for me on January 17th. Nothing too big, just family and a couple friends. It's the first girl on my husbands side of the family in 18 years so there is lots of excitement
  • My cousins are hosting a family shower for me on the 17th and my friends are hosting one on the 23rd. This is my invitation for the one on the 23rd.
  • DH's mother is holding a casual "open house" for us on the 26th, as we flew in for Christmas. My sister and my BFF are hosting an official shower on the 27th for an entirely different crowd. Then, my work shower is 1/17, right in line with the popular date! (I'm actually supposed to be working on my registry right now... LoL...)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine is the day after Christmas since I'm out of state and will be visiting for the week. It's co-Ed so my whole family can come.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Side note:

However, at the expense of sounding ungrateful, I got quite upset over the whole thing when my mom texted me on FRIDAY (as in a few days ago Friday) that she hadn't even sent out invitations yet. You can't send out invitations a week before a shower, especially for one that's the day after Christmas. I've mellowed out about it a bit.

I've been talking to my maternal grandmother and she's trying to spread the word for people (her side of the family) not to worry about gift shopping the week of Christmas and that I really just want to see everyone during the Christmas holiday and celebrate the baby.

My husband was angry about it too because 1.) they upset me (mom and cousin and sister that are co hosting) and
    2.) I recently spent a lot of time and money on a baby shower for same cousin and bridal shower/ bachelorette for sister. And
    3.) my sister did the exact same thing for my wedding shower and bachelorette. (She was my MOH and some of my friends didn't even receive invitations because she sent them out too late.)

All I can do is realize that it's a reflection on them and not on me. When I threw their showers, everything was sent out on time and very elegantly done.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

TLDR: So yeah, I'll have my shower on Saturday, but a bit disappointed, but trying not to be ungrateful.
  • Jan 17th here! My mother is hosting and I am only allowed to know the date so I could take off work. I don't know where its going to be or what the theme is. Kinda nervous of how many people she invited.
  • Mine is the day after Christmas since I'm out of state and will be visiting for the week. It's co-Ed so my whole family can come. ------------------------------------------------------------- Side note: However, at the expense of sounding ungrateful, I got quite upset over the whole thing when my mom texted me on FRIDAY (as in a few days ago Friday) that she hadn't even sent out invitations yet. You can't send out invitations a week before a shower, especially for one that's the day after Christmas. I've mellowed out about it a bit. I've been talking to my maternal grandmother and she's trying to spread the word for people (her side of the family) not to worry about gift shopping the week of Christmas and that I really just want to see everyone during the Christmas holiday and celebrate the baby. My husband was angry about it too because 1.) they upset me (mom and cousin and sister that are co hosting) and 2.) I recently spent a lot of time and money on a baby shower for same cousin and bridal shower/ bachelorette for sister. And 3.) my sister did the exact same thing for my wedding shower and bachelorette. (She was my MOH and some of my friends didn't even receive invitations because she sent them out too late.) All I can do is realize that it's a reflection on them and not on me. When I threw their showers, everything was sent out on time and very elegantly done. ------------------------------------------------------------- TLDR: So yeah, I'll have my shower on Saturday, but a bit disappointed, but trying not to be ungrateful.
    I don't think you sound ungrateful, but honestly to expect the same thing not to happen again when the same people threw your shower is a little silly.  I am in the same boat, my SIL is a last minute type of person.  I got invited to my nephew's birthday party on Wednesday when it was on Saturday and every year it pisses me off, but I just have to accept that is how they are.
  • Mine is planned for Jan 23rd. My aunt has been gracious enough to plan everything as we will be having a very large family party (it's hard to plan anything with my family and not include EVERYONE) with both my family and my SOs family. Looking at about 60 people crammed in the house!
  • @bntfroggie that sounds so frustrating! Has she planned a date for it yet?
  • @CalebsHabibi luckily my mom asked to host my shower and she used to be a secretary so she is pretty on the ball with things.  My SIL is co-hosting but my mom has made sure to only give her tasks that don't have a time constraint.  I know it sounds like we are treating her like a little kid, but you have to do what you have to do.

I hope your shower is wonderful!!
  • I have two showers planned so far. My mom and sisters are hosting one on January 2 (I'll be 29 weeks) for my side of the family. I wanted my main shower to be early in the third trimester so that I wasn't so big and uncomfortable that I couldn't really enjoy myself. The other shower is planned for February 6 and is being hosted by our of my friends. That shower is really geared more toward celebrating my husband becoming a dad (it's all of his friends). I'm so excited for my showers!
  • Feb 13th!!! Im due in march 9. Do you guys think its to late for a baby shower or should i do it sooner?
  • My first one will be January 2nd (I'll be 28 weeks) but we're only in town for the holidays and won't be making another trip up. I'm really glad we didn't try to come up later in the pregnancy, the drive was so uncomfortable and my poor husband and dog had to deal with a longer ride because we constantly had to stop so I could pee! Lol!

My fellow school teachers are throwing me one in February I'm hoping they do it in early/mid February. I'm such a planner and I'm going stir crazy waiting to buy the stuff no one gets us!

My MIL got us the pack n play with bassinet, car seats, baby bathtub, and some other knick knacks and my mother had gone clothing crazy and baby is set through 9 months so far (she just started 9-12 month bin)! The baby will be my MIL's 5th grand baby (the 4th is due beginning of February) and will my parents very first grand baby, so he's going to be pretty spoiled!
  • Mine is January 23rd! My MIL is throwing it but it's going to be both sides of our families and my friends. And unfortunately, my cousin is supposed to be corresponding with my MIL so she can help plan, but apparently she isn't going to help so I'm going to try to convince MIL at lunch today to let me help where I can. (Since she still has no idea how many people from my family are attending...)
  • Mine is the 10th of January, so close! I can't wait, my mother and sister and planning it back home (Michigan, my husband and I are currently in Washington state) so I fly out in 11 days! I cannot wait for my family to see my baby bump and celebrating becoming a momma and my mom being a grandma!
  • I didn't want one since this is my second girl but my mom and co-workers insisted. It is mostly a diaper shower. It's January 9th. It will be nice to see everyone but I feel guilty asking for anything when we have most of what we need.
  • The one for my family is January 31st. My older sister is hosting it the week before her wedding in Mexico which I'm extremely grateful for. Then my coworkers and MIL to be will have one after. My SO keeps freaking saying we haven't bought anything, and I just keep telling him it will be fine, we need to wait until after the showers to buy stuff.
  • My family and friends is going to be on Jan. 10th (32 weeks) and DH's family will be Feb. 7th (36 weeks).

I have to be honest and say I can't believe my co-workers haven't said anything about having a pot-luck/baby shower. They all ask me when my shower will be, but no one has suggested doing something. I'm kinda sad about it. Who knows, maybe they are talking about it and I'm just in the dark...
  • Hi ladies I wanted to run this idea by you all but if you think I should post in another thread let me know.

I have a friend due feb 7th with her first. She is pretty set with baby stuff, she has 3 sisters who are all recently done having kids (2 of them with 3 kids and one with 2 kids), but I thought it'd be nice if someone celebrated her and the baby. I really want to ask if she'd rather wait until baby is born (they're team green) or before. She's convinced she's going late (her mom had 5 children all late and so did 8 of her sisters kids lol) so I don't think the end of Jan would be too soon. What do you all think??

Would you have a focus that we're celebrating Friend and Baby and that any sort of DIY gift (they also love homemade gifts!) or anything to help out Mom and Dad post baby's arrival would be appreciated.
  • @jenniferamcooper maybe be sure to specify that they can be fun gifts since they're pretty set on baby stuff? Maybe suggest that guests all decorate a onesie or bring a favorite children's book for the new baby or something along those lines?
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 great ideas about the onesies but she's seriously overflowing with clothes (sisters have 8 kiddos under 5) and she's pragmatic. I'm thinking decorating nighttime diapers (funny ones for Mom and Dad) and definitely will do the book thing. Is it tacky to put on the Facebook page I'm making (I'll be handing out invites and making a page). Kids tend to hang onto their books forever so lots are always appreciated.
  • I didn't even think about her being set on clothes, but it makes total sense, lol. I don't think it'd be tacky to put it on a FB page, my cousin and his fiancé are doing all wedding related things on a FB page and I know another friend who had a FB page for a baby sower. It's easier to get the little bits of info out to everyone!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Yay! I have a work shower on the 15th and one hosted by my brother's wife on the 30th. Super excited!
  • My baby shower is on January 30. I am helping my mom out with planning it. I have come up with three games to play. Baby scrambler, name the nursery rhyme, and the poopy diaper game (guess the melted chocolate).