Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly Check-in December 13

How was your week?

QOTW: I know we've had some discussion on travel here, but since its the season for it, what is your best tip or advice for traveling with kids? (By plane, car, whatever)
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly Check-in December 13

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Decent week. Nothing special. SAHM life is pretty meh. I have gotten used to being inactive and I'm not bored anymore. Settling into this routine.

Travel by plane: Bring a stroller that can hold your car seat. Pile your carry-ons on it. Bring the car seat so if there's a free seat you can use it. (Although my best tip is the car seat hands free on plane is uh-maze-ing so break down and buy the baBy a ticket!) Carry the baby in a soft carrier.

Regulations don't allow you to have baby on plane in soft carrier during take off & landing.

• Options
    HI ladies.  Been a busy time, so I am happy I have a minute to check in.

Not much going on except for work and the holidays.  One more day til school lets out!  :)  Am finally feeling like I am getting into the working mom thing.

Feeling a lot better since I started the PP meds.  It's crazy how much they have helped.  I feel like a normal person again and a lot less neurotic/anxious.

Chloe is dealing with a diaper rash.  :(  It was pretty bad yesterday.  Looks better this morning, and she didn't cry when I changed her.  Let her go naked for a while last night, even though it's been chilly.  And we used the Butt Paste, so that seems to be working.

Traveling?  Hmmm.  We've only driven to California once since baby.  Fiance rode in the back with her so he could feed her and play with her.  We are driving up to Prescott tomorrow.  Will probably just let her ride in the back.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know I vented a bit in last week's check-in and not much has changed, so I'll spare another lengthy post. All three of us are sick and still not sleeping this week, so life is pretty rough around our house. Gotta power through a Christmas party Friday, flight on Saturday, then hopefully Grandma's house will offer a little rest. 
    Me-37, DH-38

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    @jerseygirl227 Im so glad the meds are noticeably working!

@mindaa that's going to be tough with the flight. I'm sorry! Hopefully grama will be all over that baby and you can snag some rest. On a positive note-sometimes travel messes up their sleep anyway. So, when you get home things will hopefully get sorted out.
  • Options
    @jerseygirl227 Yes, so glad for the positive update!
    Me-37, DH-38

• Options
    @jerseygirl227  that's awesome about you feeling normal again!

My week was tiring - my son caught some kind of virus and I was trying to catch up on sleep after traveling to Europe (without him) last week.  Still jet lagged as a result of the many wake-ups throughout the night all week.  But he's feeling well again today, so things are looking up.

My tips for travel: 1) splurge on the extra seat and 2) take extra time off at home before and after the trip to catch up on sleep and laundry.  
  • Options
    Hello - I'm kind of new, but I do recognize a few names from Pregnant after 35...

I was curious to read your tips regarding travelling - will be going to Europe in the Spring with my toddler + my infant - all by myself. Going there I think won't be so bad because they both should just fall asleep. But coming back may be hell... I bet the boy will want to walk the whole duration of the flight - he'll be around 1 yo when we come back (I remember seeing other parents going through that and it didn't look like fun....).

Last weekend we had croup in the house - no fun at all... it was pretty scary, but I was so glad I caught it during the day, and found a kids-only urgent care. So much better than driving to an ER in the middle of the day.

Me: 41; DH: 49
    Married in 2010. 
    Laparoscopy for endometriosis - July 2010.
    BFP#1: Jan 2011; MMC March 2011
    BFP#2: Nov 2011; Blighted Ovum December 2011
    Diagnosed with high FSH and DOR - January 2012
    BFP#3: (Gonal-F, Trigger + TI) - May 2012; DD born Jan 2013 (c-section because of partial placental abruption)

December 2013: FSH 27, AMH < 0.03
    A few medicated TI cycles in 2014.
    BFP#4: (Gonal-F, Trigger +TI) - Nov 2014; DS born July 2015

• Options
    edited December 2015
    @superlowamh
    That's very scary about the croup. Glad you were able to get treatment quickly!

I have 2 under 2. We're going on our first flight with both in April. I look forward to finding out how your travel goes. :smile:
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited December 2015
    @superlowamh

Glad to hear you kicked the crap out of the croup! :p I wish we had an urgent care for kids only around here... We have a kids-only ER at the kids hospital, but that means they charge a lot more than an urgent care clinic would.  

Good luck traveling to Europe with 2 under 2 to you and @baby'smom!