March 2016 Moms

The Night Owl Thread

Re: The Night Owl Thread

• I really am trying not to take post dinner naps but I get so dang sleepy. Most of the time it's fine but every other week my body is like,"Nope. Too much sleep. Time to wake up.... At midnight." So here I am. Sigh! Any advice to avoid the post dinner naps? Or should I just give in and be a weirdo night owl once every other week?
  • It's 3.30am here and I woke up with a serious dry throat. But two hours ago, lol.... I woke up screaming in pain which sent our two cats flying off the bed and DH waking up in panic because he thought something terrible had happend... But I just experienced my first extreme cramp down my calf that lasted about 15 minutes with him trying to rub it out and me screaming my head off. Lol. Now, two hours later I can still feel the remains of it & its left me wondering if I have actually had muscle cramp ever before because wow. That was next level.
    @hellomylittleone "Toes to the nose" Always stretch the muscle. It is way more effective than anything else.
    i empathize so much! i get them constantly, but only during pregnancy!
    @brittaniLC when i try to do that stretch i get a cramp in my shin muscle instead, like just as bad. and if i try to rotate my leg and foot around it moves to the the sides and all around my ankle and foot ... so frustrating! not contradiction your advice at all, bc i think that works for most, just had to insert a big "WOE IS ME" bc i am also feeling the aftereffects of a next level cramp this morn.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @oceanchild OMG!!! I'm so sorry to hear you get the legs cramps from every angle :( It's all good. Sometimes you need more than one opinion to help out a fellow momma!
  • I woke up two nights in a row from crazy dreams. I'll write them here instead of the crazy dream thread...
    1) I was starting to go into labor now, and I could feel the pressure of her head starting to come out. I reached down and was trying to push her back in. Then there were doctors there, and they did the same thing. I woke up, freaked out that I was going into labor, and the pressure felt so vivid, I reached down expecting to feel the top of a head. No more sleep for me that night!
    2) Another early birth dream, except this time I gave birth, and it was a tiny premature bird. So I kept it in an envelope, hoping it wouldn't die. Weeks passed, then I opened the envelope up, and the bird, still no feathers and looking naked and scrawny, opened its eyes. I called my daughter by her name, and I took her out of the envelope to feed her. I was holding her in my hand, when she starting squeezing my finger like a boa constrictor, and my finger started to bleed. Then I realized the baby wasn't my baby but a pterodactyl! Soooo...any interpreters of that one for me??? Also kept me awake afterwards!
  • No idea @jilloboe lol, worried that you will go into preterm labor and nothing will turn out as planned?
    I haven't been sleeping much lately. Averaging around 3 or 4 hours a night. Heartburn, body aches (particularly the hips and back) brain won't shut off, hunger... just can't sleep. I'm lucky that ds sleeps in till 9-930 as I tend to get half my sleep after the sun comes up.
    Having said that, I slept the best last night that I have in probably 2 weeks. I got out of bed 3 time, had to pee, take a tums, and munch on a handful of cheerios each time. There was still a good bit of me waking up to try to ease my hips but I would fall right back to sleep. Feel like another half hour would be really nice, but that would be greedy :/
  • Stress has got me tonight. Day 2 of inventory and DH is still at work. I'm not happy with his boss right now. Hopefully, 2016 will bring a job that he likes and that likes him in return. Also, my "little" brother starts being a cop Monday morning. (He'll go to the academy in January, so it's just office work now.) I hope he likes it and makes good adult decisions. It's hard not to think of him as a goofy 14-year-old anymore.
  • 1.46am wake up call because little one wanted to consume half a dozen peaches.
  • 2am and im here . . . I think ive got a tummy bug : ( fine when i went to bed around 9.30pm, but been up 3 times with diarrhea and even lying down i feel a bit sick dizzy
  • 2am and im here . . . I think ive got a tummy bug : ( fine when i went to bed around 9.30pm, but been up 3 times with diarrhea and even lying down i feel a bit sick dizzy

Oh no. :(! Try some panadol (if you haven't already) and lots of water. Feel better soon @clairemwalker
  • Thanks @hellomylittleone ! Had a hell of a night but it seems to have passed quite quickly just resting up today and lots of fluids
  • smount2011smount2011 member
    edited December 2015
    Nothing quite like being awake at 2am and enjoying the feels :) baby is causing mini earthquakes in my tummy- DH just got home and I have my shirt rolled up so we can watch little man moving lol.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 430 am here and Ds has been up since 3... For the second night in a row. Dh is out of town and so I am stuck going sleepless for the second night in a row. Not sure what is going on Ds seemed to be sleeping better after a solid week of this, but now the night wakings are back. This mama just wants to cry. He is literally wide awake and after an hour of asking for a snack but refusing the non cooking snacks I offered he is now scarfing down gold fish crackers. Here's hoping this is just a quick Growth spurt and not a prolonged phase!
  • CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited December 2015
    4am and wide awake for no known reason. I could just be too hot to sleep as DH likes it hot and won't leave the thermostat down on 68 where I like it. I don't think he fully understands pregnancy yet...lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Almost 5am here and I've been up since 2. I have to pee again but I'm stuck. Everything is sore from the wreck, and when I try to get up SPD feels like my pelvis is falling apart. also, I'm starving. I need a bagel or something. I'm seriously contemplating waking up DH for assistance :sweat_smile:

Autism mama! 
  • @oceanchild I've been up since about 3:45, it's now 7 here...just made myself a couple Eggo's...lol. Still feel hungry though :/
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• 3.30am here. I got up to pee an hour ago and now I can't get back to sleep because the neighbours dog has literally been barking it's head off for the past hour at the very least and doesn't sound like it will stop anytime soon!! Ugh!!

(It's a giant rotwheiler so it's pretty damn loud too :angry: )
  • Right when I had started to fall back asleep this morning around 5:45, my damn cat started yowling outside our door - he has a SiameseKitty type voice, very good at projecting and it just echoes or something. Anyhow. He woke up my 5yo, who went to play, who woke up the 4yo about 30m later. Drifting off again around 6:30 when she bursts into our room to inform us that her brother needs help wiping his poop. THANKS KIDS.

Autism mama! 
  • Well I may seem bitchy or selfish for this one but...I've been up since 3:30. I had been sleeping so well too. I got woken up by damn ambulance and rescue truck lights flashing in my window again. Unfortunately my bedroom is at the front of the house. Now all my neighbors are older ladies, so I get all the gossip from them. Most of it I block, but i know the lady across the street from me is a bad diabetic, and it's getting a lot worse. Thing is, she still refuses to take care of herself- so about once a month she has some sort of diabetic emergency, and it's always in the middle of the night. The ambulance and rescue trucks show up, but she NEVER goes to the hospital with them. They spend an hour or so here stabilizing her then off they go. It gets irritating- especially when it ruins my sleep!

Hopefully with DH's promotion we can move into a bigger apartment and away from the mess on this street. There is much more that goes on but at this point I don't know if it's better to live amongst old people or young idiots who (down the block a little) are always yelling at their kids, calling cops for noise complaints, letting their kids run naked in the lawn, etc..

• I'm up because my 2 year old had a pretty epic nightmare. She's sleeping now, but I'm hungry and don't want to go into the kitchen because I have seen 3 cockroaches in there over the past 48 hours and I'm really grossed and creeped out.

We have lived here for 4 years and haven't had any cocktail roach issues until this year, but it's become a problem for the past 6 or 8 months. We even had the exterminators come spray a while ago, and that helped for a while but now I guess we'll have to do something else. Luckily I'm on winter break so I have time to figure out what to do, and the girls are signed up for day camp so I'll have them out of my hair. But currently I'm hungry and too grossed out to eat!
  • @charley15 that is super frustrating! Not only about the EMTs in the middle of the night, but watching someone not take care of herself is frustrating also! Ugh. Sorry all that interrupted your good night's rest.
    (I'll totally admit to letting my kiddos run around naked or in undies outside though haha – mostly in a our backyard when they are playing in the water and stuff, but no one can see them back there.)
    @kitteh81 the same thing happened to us a few weeks ago! My husband sprayed some stuff in the corners and nether regions of the house (under the cabinets and in crevices and behind moulding and stuff, and after that we found several dead ones and haven't seen any since. They seriously freak me out; they are straight from the depths of hell.

Autism mama! 
  • @charley15 that is super frustrating! Not only about the EMTs in the middle of the night, but watching someone not take care of herself is frustrating also! Ugh. Sorry all that interrupted your good night's rest. (I'll totally admit to letting my kiddos run around naked or in undies outside though haha – mostly in a our backyard when they are playing in the water and stuff, but no one can see them back there.) @kitteh81 the same thing happened to us a few weeks ago! My husband sprayed some stuff in the corners and nether regions of the house (under the cabinets and in crevices and behind moulding and stuff, and after that we found several dead ones and haven't seen any since. They seriously freak me out; they are straight from the depths of hell.

Lol these kids are right in the font yard- with what little yard there is- right by the street. That's how I know they are naked lol.

• charley15 said:

Lol these kids are right in the font yard- with what little yard there is- right by the street. That's how I know they are naked lol.

Oh yeah, NO. That's really not cool – I mean you never know what creepo is lurking about just watching from the road or another home. Yeeesh. Like seriously nobody can see my kids unless they come into the backyard with me. But running around where someone can drive by and take pics of them or something freaks me the hell out. There are gross weirdos out there man.

Autism mama! 
  • Nightmare. Big-sucky-sob-inducing-can't-stop crying-nightmare. Had to gather ds close and wake up dh to cuddle to. Now they are cuddled up asleep (I had to let them go to take a tums) and I still can't stop crying long enough to sleep.
  • I didn't sleep for crap last night.  I ended up back on the couch.  It was one of those nights where I couldn't get comfortable, but once I did, I had to pee.  I am having the HARDEST time emptying my bladder out!  I've tried everything- leaning forward, the "squat", even attempting to lift my tummy up in hopes of lifting baby off the bladder just to make sure its empty!  And not even an hour later, I'm back up and peeing again.  I'm going to ask the doctor if there is anything else I can try.  I swear I went through a whole roll of TP on my own last night!

• Almost posted last night.  DH woke me up trying to cuddle me at 3am because he was cold.  I was a furnace.  No DH, I can't cuddle you and can't sleep if you try it.  Grrrrr took me at least an hour to fall back asleep since baby boy was having a dance party.  And DS2 actually slept through the night so a good night of sleep ruined!  Grrrrr.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Finally kicked DH out last night to the spare bedroom. But I still got a shitty night sleep. The dogs were restless because DH closed them in with me. Zombie mode today...

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• I slept through the night for the first time in weeks!!!!! Oh my gosh. I'm so pleased.

Though, I did wake for about five seconds to another bad calf cramp that made me scream out again, but fell back asleep pretty quickly. I must of been so tired that sleeping over rid it haha. It's sore this morning though :(
  • red3ye said:

Nightmare. Big-sucky-sob-inducing-can't-stop crying-nightmare. Had to gather ds close and wake up dh to cuddle to. Now they are cuddled up asleep (I had to let them go to take a tums) and I still can't stop crying long enough to sleep.

Oh @red3ye :( that sucks!!
    I had my first vivid pregnancy nightmare a couple of nights ago and was crying in my sleep that DH had to wake me up.
    Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end!
  • I eventually got a little bit.

I have an appointment in the morning. Have to be up at 7 am and it is 1130pm now. I'm exhausted, have a headache from being tired, but I can already tell, this will be another long night. I am so talking to my dr and making sure I can use unisom, and if so, then I'm picking some up tomorrow. Until I get my new insurance card in (thanks to the move we had to get new cards) the local chiropractor won't see me. Hopefully next week the card will come in? Until then, I know that just getting some proper sleep for the first time in about 10 weeks will be a huge relief.
  • red3ye said:
    I eventually got a little bit. I have an appointment in the morning. Have to be up at 7 am and it is 1130pm now. I'm exhausted, have a headache from being tired, but I can already tell, this will be another long night. I am so talking to my dr and making sure I can use unisom, and if so, then I'm picking some up tomorrow. Until I get my new insurance card in (thanks to the move we had to get new cards) the local chiropractor won't see me. Hopefully next week the card will come in? Until then, I know that just getting some proper sleep for the first time in about 10 weeks will be a huge relief.
    Can I ask why you're worried about taking Unisom? 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Just don't want to take anything without mentioning it to my doctor. I tend to play things safe.
  • skruhminskruhmin member
    edited December 2015
    K no worries then.  I've been taking it my entire pregnancy (the sleep is wonderful) and I know it's on several safe lists, but definitely nothing wrong with some peace of mind :)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• She said to try unisom, then try melonomin (sp?) And if it doesn't work, she will prescribe me something. Fx, I sleep well tonight, I got a box of them after the appointment
  • red3ye said:
    She said to try unisom, then try melonomin (sp?) And if it doesn't work, she will prescribe me something. Fx, I sleep well tonight, I got a box of them after the appointment
    Sweet dreams!  They work for me within 30 minutes.  Like no fail.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Here I am... almost 1am and wide awake again. At least this time I'm COMFORTABLE, which I have not been for weeks now. This I can tolerate. And now I'm hungry- so I'mgoing to eat mmore of my yummy pumpkin roll!

• Heart burn sucks!! I just want to sleep!! Where the hell are my tums? DH is fast asleep and I don't want to turn on the lights and wake him up but this momma to be is NOT happy right now.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • It's pouring loudly outside. And storming. Tornados were mentioned in an alert that I dismissed on my phone. I have to peeeeeee. But omg SPD. I am literally freaking stuck in bed bc I cannot purposefully cause myself the kind of pain that happens when I try to move. And baby is super punchy at my bladder right now. I'm going to have to wake up dh for a lift. He will not be happy ...

Autism mama! 
  • I agree, sex is awesome. I also vote with @skruhmin that we should all be on Unisom. Sleep is nessesary. And sex is only fun if you can keep your eyes open.