Pregnant after IF

Heartbeat, but low measurement

Hi everyone,
I recently posted a question about my HCG level increase - the responses sounded reassuring, thanks!
Anyway, I went to my first ultrasound appointment this morning. There was a heartbeat and my doctor said that I am 6 weeks, 3 days, however, I only measure at 5 weeks and 6 days. He says he likes to see the measurement within three days and there is a 50/50 chance of miscarry. I'm just looking for insight from other people who have been in this situation. I am posting my HCG levels below for reference. You can see that, while there are jumps, they have not been doubling regularly.

I go back for another ultrasound on Tuesday the 15th.

Nov 20, 4 weeks: 39
Nov 22, 4 weeks 2 days: 64
Nov 24, 4 weeks 4 days: 134
Nov 28, 5 weeks 1 day: 1,350
Dec 4, 6 weeks: 3,000

Re: Heartbeat, but low measurement

• I have no experience with this, just keeping my fingers crossed for you!  I do know that a lot of docs/REs won't do ultrasounds until 7 weeks to avoid this sort of situation - by 7 weeks you will generally see a heartbeat if there's one to be seen.  Best of luck and hoping you have a happy sticky bean!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Thank you! There was a heartbeat, it is just that my gestational measurement is 4 days off. Fingers crossed!
  • Loading the player...
  • RipleyLV426RipleyLV426 member
    edited December 2015
    I hope everything turns out ok @Stella9876

*BFP and Loss Warning*

Married 10/01/11 to my partner in crime
    TTC #1 since 01/15 
    Me: PCOS 
    3 cycles of Clomid + TI - BFN
    IUI #1 Femara + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    MC 07/15
    IUI #2-4 Femara + Ovidrel +Crinone - BFFN >:(
    IUI #5-6 Follistim + Ovidrel + Crinone - BFFN!
      IUI #7 Follistim + Ganirelix + Ovidrel + Prometrium + Baby Aspirin - BFP! PLEASE STICK!!!
    1/25 Beta #1: 389, #2: 940! IT'S TWINS! 
    TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doctors all day that 5 days is an ok difference between measurements and ga. I'm crossing my fingers for you. There's a heartbeat and your HCG keeps rising. Seems pretty positive.
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RipleyLV426 @krbjoy @marnief
    Thanks for the reassurance! Wanted to update you- I went back to the clinic for a follow up on 12/15. I measured only three days behind at the follow up ( 7w1d versus 7w4d) with a heartbeat of 138 so I was discharged from the clinic and scheduled an appointment with my regular OBGYN :) I'll be going there on Jan 7, when I'm 10w6days. Praying all goes well! 1st trimester is so scary!!
  • @Stella9876 Sounds like everything is going great. I was measured 3 days earlier than my original due date at my second U/S and the baby's heartbeat was at 120. I am 8wk3d and I have my next U/S with my OB on the 4th. I can't wait. I know how worrisome the waiting is. I can't wait until the first trimester is over. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET