April 2015 Moms

Baby Cold

Hi everyone my son is 7 months and he just got a cold I am a new mom so I honestly wouldn't know what to do! I've heard put baby Vicks on his feet and then put socks.. Does that work if anyone can help me I would appreciated it!! Thank you!!

Re: Baby Cold

• Saline nasal rinse for babies, then the nose Frieda works well to clear out congestion. Other than that there isn't a whole lot you can do. Just extra snuggles and making sure they eat and rest.
  • My son just got his first cold also and I feel terrible for him, especially at night. :( I've read to use a humidifier or sit in a steamy bathroom to help with congestion and also to elevate the head of the mattress to help ease congestion while they sleep.
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• Loading the player...
  • During my son's first cold I did the saline drops and nose frieda, and a humidifier. My son is always moving. He is in every corner of his crib throughout the night so I have not been able to elevate his mattres. I ended up sleeping in the recliner while holding him on my chest for 3 nights. It was the only way we made it through. I hope your little one feels better soon!
  • Thank you guys a lot he is doing much better now he slept in his swing for three days and he is back in his bed now!!