Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Grinding teeth

I'm posting this here because nobody in her birth month forum had teeth like her. My baby just turned 5m old and working on her 4th tooth. The past few weeks she has been grinding her teeth. She only does it when she is trying to fall asleep. I don't know if it's a faze or if she'll continue to do it as she gets older. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Re: Grinding teeth

• All you can do is wait and see. Nothing you can do to stop it. Both of my kids did that and it's the most horrible sound but they stopped eventually. Probably feels good on her teeth.
  • Look for other behaviors that are extraordinary. Teeth grinding is a "sensory processing disorder" issue. But usually it's only concerning when it is combined with other sensory items. There's a great book that lists all the symptoms but I donated it so I can't remember title. I'll let you know if I remember.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine has been grinding his the last few weeks too. From everything I read it's just a faze. Like bigboobsmcgee said it prob feels good on their teeth and to them it's a fun new noise to make, Just makes us grimace lol.
  • Thank you ladies. For now its only a quick pop and only when she is fighting sleep. It looks like the 4th tooth has finally came through so maybe it'll stop for awhile.