Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Late Night Intro From an August '16er

Hello ladies.  I'm hoping to find some knowledge and support as from what I understand, a miscarriage could happen anytime.  Just last week, my doctor tested my HCG levels to confirm my pregnancy, and everything came back great (my quant levels were 2900).  They weren't planning on doing anymore testing until my first ultrasound in January, but I kept having a nagging feeling that something wasn't right.  On Tuesday, I called and told them to do the blood work again.  They reluctantly agreed, and I found out today (yesterday? It's late) that my HCG levels are dropping (2700 as of this Tuesday).  This news comes the day before I am supposed to be on a plane to Florida with a group of friends.  The doctor said she doesn't know when I will actually miscarry, so the best I can hope for is that it doesn't happen when I'm 1,000 miles away from home and my husband at "the happiest place on earth."  I'm completely devastated.  Has anyone found out in a similar way?  How long did it take after finding out for you to have your miscarriage?  Any advice on when to go to the hospital if I do start bleeding while at Disney?  I'm sorry to be at this board, but I'm glad there is a place to connect with people.  I am sorry for your losses as well!
TTC #1 since June 2015
BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

Re: Late Night Intro From an August '16er

• I found out at 10w that the baby likely died around 7 weeks. I am now would-be 11w2d and may be starting to physically miscarry ( brown tissue when I wipe). I have looked up a lot on "when" and unfortunately it varies dramatically. I am so sorry for your loss. Seems the timing for you couldn't be worse. I will cross all my fingers and toes that everything holds off until you return from your trip. One thing I'm trying to remind myself is yes you will feel heartbroken at times, but allow yourself moments of happy in between the sad. Still easier said than done. Good luck to you.
  • I'm in the same boat you are. I was diagnosed with a blighted Ovum on ultrasound yesterday. I'm so nervous as what to expect to pass the loss. I'm nervous because we're traveling a lot for Christmas this week and I'm already an emotional mess. I can't imagine being in physical pain around the holidays with my family too. The doctor mentioned there are pills I could take to make my body expel the tissue but the cramping and pain tend to be a lot worse with that option. Not sure what I should do.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was in a similar situation. I was traveling in Europe and was set to fly home about 2 weeks after discovering my MMC at 11w1d (babe stopped being at 7w3d) There was still no sign of the impending miscarriage so I opted to take cytotec so that it didn't occur while traveling. I will tell you what a friend told me - you will want to be in your own space and very near a toilet and this was completely true for me. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Big hugs.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to get this news and then have to wait for it to start.

Everyone is different when it comes to how a loss progresses. I took cytotec to "speed up" the process, and I still didn't start to bleed for a week after finding out about impending m/c. My pain level and bleeding have been manageable for the most part. I haven't had to miss work or anything. The key for me has been Always super overnight pads....they are gigantic and feel like diapers, but they work. If I had been traveling during my m/c, I think I would have been okay logistically, so I hope you're able to enjoy yourself.

My doc recommended I seek emergency care if I was soaking through a pad an hour or ran a fever. You may want to see what your doc says on that.

Again, I'm so sorry. I hope you have a good time with your friends and that the physical part is as painless as possible for you.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Thanks for the support and advice, guys. Luckily I'm with awesome friends who have been very supportive and are also trying to keep me busy.  So far no signs of mc. I may call the doctor to try to have cytotec ready for me when I get home.
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016