Weekly Ticker Change (12/14)

Weeks/Size: 

Team (pink/blue/surprise): 

What's new with baby?: 

Appointments?: 

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: 

Questions?: 

GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc.

Me: 29  DH: 31
Married 10/13/12
TTC Since 8/2016

Re: Weekly Ticker Change (12/14)

• Weeks/Size: 25 weeks - the size of a prairie dog!

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Team blue

What's new with baby?: lungs on point. hair on point. basically baby boy is a bad ass.

Appointments?: Dr. appointment today

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Just stocked up on some diapers over the weekend. Other than that, nada. I plan to buy some wooden letters to paint for the nursery sometime this week.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Just the normal aches and pains of someone making a human.

Questions?: 

GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc. - We live in the Chicago area, but are from STL, so we travel "home" for the holidays. Christmas Eve is at my MIL's house with my other 4 bro-in-laws and their families. Traditional Christmas dinner, gift exchanging, drinks and games. We always stay the night at my mom's house to wake up there Christmas morning, where we do Christmas as soon as my brother arrives. French toast is always for breakfast (and has been since I can remember - mom makes the best French toast). We do the gift thing, eat and just hang out. That night we go to a place called Santa's Magical Kingdom. It's just a park that is decked out in lights that you drive through, it's cool but more a tradition/nostalgia thing. 

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Weeks/Size: 25 (on Thursday) size of a head of cauliflower (which makes me want roasted cauliflower)
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): Team Blue
    What's new with baby?: Apparently he's getting chubbier (which is good) and knows up from down.
    Appointments?: Next Tuesday, the 22nd. 
    Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Lots of planning, but we haven't really done much of anything physical. I decided to start a registry just to keep track of the things I need to replenish for baby #2, and (honestly) to get the completion discount and gift card.
    Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: The usual...BH, exhaustion, shortness of breath, huge knockers, nausea, hemorrhoids, etc. 
    Questions?: Nothing this week.
    GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc. Well, my Mom's birthday is the 23rd, so we usually incorporate that in there somewhere. On the 24th we go out for dinner with my Mom, her husband, his kids, and my brother (and his lady). We usually do Italian in Little Italy in Baltimore. That night I go home and make cinnamon rolls from scratch, and then on Christmas morning I wake up and pop them in the oven before anyone else gets up (though last year my son gave me a run for my money!). That way the smell of them baking wafts through the room while we open stockings. After stockings we take a break for breakfast, then back to gifts. I cook Christmas dinner at my house and my MIL and her husband come over. We always do a ham and some sort of cheesy potato dish with a veg. Simple, but filling. Then, depending on my BIL and his husband's schedules (they both work shift work) we meet up with them, my SIL and her family, and my FIL and his lady friend at someones house for a low key potluck style dinner and gift exchange. This year we're keeping it really light with gifts (we're buying for almost no one) to save for LO. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Weeks/Size: 27w,1d - third trimester! Woot woot! Baby is the size of a rutabaga.

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Blue

What's new with baby?: He gets the hiccups a lot. 

Appointments?: After Christmas

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Nope

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: SPD is getting bad. Gross night sweats. Lots of BH. The third trimester is always the hardest for me.

Questions?: 

GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc.
    DH has 6 siblings who are spread all over the country, so we celebrate with his family whenever most of them can be in town - this year that ends up being this Saturday. Dinner, gifts, games, etc. For my family . . . My siblings, their families, and my family always used to spend the night at my parents' on Christmas Eve. But now that all my siblings are married and I keep popping out kids, my parents' house can't really hold us all. My sister just bought a mansion, so we're spending the night at her house this year and spending Christmas day together as usual. My mom always makes monkey bread and egg casserole for breakfast. We hide the stockings for the kids. Spend hours opening presents. Eat appetizers for lunch and spend all day playing with our new toys and playing games together. I can't wait!
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • skruhminskruhmin member
    edited December 2015
    Weeks/Size: 27w5d (28 on Wednesday)

What's new with baby?: Baby found my ribs.  Ouch!  And he's trying to scratch his way out.  And he feels ginormous.

Appointments?: Dec 30

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: I think we'll start cleaning out the nursery dumping ground this week. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Belly is feeling heavier and heavier.  So tons of back pain.  I was utterly exhausted on Saturday and DH made the comment "why are you so tired right now?" I was just like "oh nothing, just growing a human over here."  I think it was a growth spurt day.

Questions?: 

GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc.  Christmas Eve night we spend with my in-laws - dinner, then presents.  Christmas morning it's just DH, the boys, and me - open presents.  Late Christmas morning/early afternoon we head up to my parents to do more eating and presents.  There's usually a puzzle thrown in there and playing with gifts and just sitting around having family time - probably a Christmas movie or two thrown in there too.  Just relaxing.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• I have to say that I love reading about everyone's Christmas traditions - it really just warms my heart. 'Tis the season, folks!

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Weeks: 26 weeks and 5 days

Team pink/blue: PINK!!

What's new with baby: Moving around a lot and kicking. Knows when I am about to eat or after I have eaten because that's when she is most active.

Appointments: Next Tuesday, December 22 for my three hour gluclose test that I didn't pass the first time last week

Are you doing anything to prepare for baby: I have washed all her clothes so far and put them away in the dresser and the crib and playard are all set up. Now only really have to buy the car seat.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:  No new symptoms yet but been craving a lot of sweets or anything salty. But I have to watch how much salt I intake because I don't want to get swollen feet and ankles again.

Questions:

GTKY: On Christmas Day me, my husband, and our son have breakfast together. My dad and stepmom come over and bring us gifts.  This year we are having dinner with my mom and stepdad. Also there will be a lot of family members over for dinner this year. Me and my mom alternative holidays so since we had Thanksgiving dinner at our place my  mom is having Christmas dinner at her's.  On Christmas Eve, sometimes we go to midnight mass at our church but we haven't gone in years because my son can't handle all the people and gets  over stimulated so we just stay home and watch movies.

• KMKaiser07KMKaiser07 member
    edited December 2015
    Weeks/Size: 27w2d/rutabaga

Team (pink/blue/surprise): blue

What's new with baby?:

Appointments?: regular checkup a week from tomorrow

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: DH did a little more work on DS1's new room. Until that's done, there's nothing I can do to prepare.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: NBR but DS turns 2 on Friday so we are preparing for his party and can't wait to celebrate with him!

Questions?: none

GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc. This year we are doing Christmas Eve at my husband's grandma's house with his uncle, his uncle's girlfriend, his parents/siblings and DS. Christmas morning we will open presents with DS and then head over to my parents for our annual Christmas brunch made by my dad (French toast, eggs, sausage/bacon, fruit, fried potatoes, and pastries). After brunch we (my parents and siblings) exchange gifts and then we go home for DS to nap and for me to make an appetizer to take to my extended family's party in the evening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • SynnovusSynnovus member
    edited December 2015
    Weeks/Size: 25w

Team (pink/blue/surprise): pink

What's new with baby?: cauliflower, and feels like she's doing a lot of stretching in there!

Appointments?: none this week

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: not know

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: heartburn, BH, SPD/PGP oh so fun!

Questions?: none

We stay at my parents house with my siblings and their SO/kids. In the evening on the 23rd we decorate the three together. In Norway Christmas Eve is the BIG day, but breakfast is simple and we (or at least the kids) stays in their PJ's and watch Christmas cartoons/movies on TV, in the middle of the day we have (Norwegian) rice porridge and there is always hidden an almond in it, whoever finds it gets a little present (usually some chocolate or marzipan). Then everyone starts to get ready for the evening. For dinner we eat pork belly/ roast pork rib followed by coffe and dessert. We might go around the Christmas three inbetween or just right after the dessert. Then we exchange gifts and after that my aunt and cousins come over or we go to them to have cookies, sweets, nuts and all kind of nice things to nibble on, chat and maybe play some games. On Christmas Day we eat a very nice breakfast/brunch. Dinner is always something nice and traditional, but not always the same meal.

Edit to add that on Christmas Eve Santa will come and give gifts to the kids. Last year it was my mom who dressed up, we'll see who's gonna be Santa this year.
  • J234J234 member
    edited December 2015
    Weeks/Size: 29!!  
    What's new with baby?: ?
    Appointments?: tomorrow.  
    Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: nope.  starting to panic that we have 11 weeks left.  Putting the pressure on the husband to finish up the room.  (doors and trim need to be installed and painted.)  
    Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: No cravings.  This guy doesn't like me to eat. I'm not hungry, have no room for food, then when I do eat, I get heartburn.  Oh, and my belly button hurts from being stretched.  
    Questions?: 
    GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like: I have no idea.  This is the second year without my parents (they moved,) DH's mom is far away (we alternate Thanksgiving/Christmas).  Last year we travelled.  Its our first Christmas on our own!  I'll probably see my brother, sister in law, and nephew at some point.  No other family.  No plans.  Kinda sad, kinda excited.  
  • Weeks/Size: 27

What's new with baby?:

he's decided my cervix is his new punching bag.

Appointments?:

next week on the 22nd... should probably go get my glucose test done this week :/

Bought pretty much everything we need, except for crib.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:

Symptoms: More flatulence and bloating (Poor SO and basically anyone caught in my wafting trail), along with some cramping I'm going to assume are Braxton hicks, oh and im constantly out of breath...blah.

Rant: The constant questions about when I'm due and the uprising look of surprise when I say March, followed by the consistent remarks of how big he's going to be; when i can see it in your face that you clearly meant "wow youre huge for the ammount of months you are" or to the other random person telling me "hes coming soon eh, hes really dropped" and then when I tell you no I still have a couple more months you don't ask if it's twins. Ugh. No. No. No. Why is it that as soon as a women becomes pregnant people think it becomes okay to comment on the size you are. I think my grumpy- ness is getting to me.

Questions?:

Usually we awake at home where we open up our presents, then we head over to my in-laws where we usually have dinner and do our family gift exchange. Depending on what year it is my daughter will spend either Christmas day or Christmas eve with us because me and her dad split holidays. So sometimes we open our presents a day early. Most of our Christmas holiday is spent traveling to see each sides of the family. But that's about it.
  • Weeks/Size: 27w today! as big as a rutabaga/fennec fox/the head of Thor's hammer
    Team (pink/blue/surprise):  surprise
    What's new with baby?:  practice "breathing" and brainwaves
    Appointments?: in 3 wks, then i start the bi-weeklies!
    Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?:  legit kind of freaking out? husband decided to tear out part of our family room in a moment of stress, and we discovered there is only subflooring under the part he removed, so now we are forced into new carpet, which is awesome bc new carpet is pretty much the only thing i wanted to do since the day we moved in 4.5y ago, but Xmas is not a convenient time to do it, and there's no way Lowe's can get it done before the new year, so boo for that. but fresh carpet for a new baby is exciting, so yay for that!
    Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:  everything suddenly hurts. and geels heavy. and difficult. 3 cheers for 3rd tri!
    Questions?:  nope
    GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc. we go to midnight mass or the vigil on Xmas Eve, so we just get up, coffee, santa stuff with kiddos, breakfast, start making food, enjoy the day together and hang out, eat, DOCTOR WHO XMAS SPECIAL!!! hopefully my parents will be coming to visit for a few days - we used to go to them, but the past 2 years (since baby #3 was born and since the kids are getting bigger and more into santa coming) we asked them to come to us. hopefully that is just our new Xmas tradition. the best gift will be if my little brother is able to make it up to visit as well, but things don't seem optimistic on that front.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Weeks/Size: 29 weeks! Acorn squash

What's new with baby?: Still packing on fat. Enjoys waking me up at night by kicking me.

Appointments?: December 29th for my first glucose test.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Not much from last week. Still have so much I need to do.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: frequent bathroom trips. Becoming more aggravated at night trying to get comfortable. (Former stomach sleeper) :disappointed:

Questions?:

Well, this will all change next year once our little one is here. But this year, my fiancé and I plan on going to his parents house mid morning to exchange presents and then having dinner at his grandparents house. My family in the state doesn't do much. But I'm very excited to start the traditions that I grew up with next year!

• Weeks/Size: 29

What's new with baby?: definitely starting to squishy! Everytime he loves it feels like a party in there.

Appointments?: next Tuesday 12/22 for a regular 2 week check up.

It is starting to sink in that since I am having a scheduled section the baby will be here in 10 weeks or less!! Ah!! We are buying paint this weekend and things need to start getting organized.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: lots of be, feeling very stretched and big. Some elevated blood pressure readings that are making me nervous about what is to come. Also, lots of hip and lower back pain.

Questions?:

This will be our first time celebrating Christmas in our own home. Usually we would travel to Canada to spend Christmas with my family, but scheduling wise it just doesn't make sense anymore. I am excited to start some new traditions.

Since the first year dh and I moved in together we have always celebrated "lobster festivus." Basically, we take our change jar and cash it in, then use the money to help buy lobsters. Then we make a gourmet meal including homemade crab bisque, we cook up the lobsters and just have a big feast. This was "our" holiday since we always travelled for Christmas and Hanukkah. This year we are going to do the lobster festivus feast on Christmas Eve. Then Christmas morning we will open gifts and have a nice breakfast. My mom is staying with us and she is helping to cook a big turkey dinner to top off the day. So basically I am going to gorge myself for 48 straight hours. I cant wait!!
  • Weeks/Size: 28 tomorrow--eggplant

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Pink

What's new with baby?: Getting plumper. Stretching diagonally from ribs to pelvis. Oy!

Appointments?: Last week (passed GT--Wahoo!) and on to bi-weekly next week. I was measuring 2 weeks big and have already gained 30 lbs...yikes. My total weight gain for my two previous pregnancies was 35. The midwives are not concerned though, and they reassured me that 2 weeks big could just mean extra fluid at this point, or a slight growth spurt. If the weight gain rate keeps up, they'll schedule another ultrasound to sneak a peek.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: DH suggested we actually decorate the nursery. We have two weeks off over Christmas, and then it's busy time for both of us until March, so this is pretty much it! Paint samples tomorrow. My dad visited last week, but we were too busy. He did buy us 4 baskets for her room though. Now I have a place to put all the cute hair bows I bought through a co-op!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Nauburn, my old nemesis, is back. Feels like I swallowed a spicy ham and want to throw it up, but I'm still hungry. And can't recline.

Questions?:

This will be our first Christmas alone (plus kids) since being together for the past 16 years! No parents visiting! We like to doze while our kids open stockings and Santa presents, but we make them wait to open family presents until after we've showered, dressed and had breakfast. Mimosas have been a tradition, but this year it would only be DH partaking since we have no guests and I will be drinking straight-up OJ. I think I'll just forget this year, and he won't say anything. We Skype with relatives all over the world from Australia to Canada, Norway, Switzerland, England...no Asia this year as my cousin moved back from Japan to England. Phone/Skype calls take most of the day. Christmas baking and oranges for snacks all day, then we'll have a quiet family dinner that evening. I can't wait!
  • yodapupyodapup member
    edited December 2015
    Weeks/Size: 28 weeks, size of an eggplant

Team (pink/blue/surprise): pink!

What's new with baby?: Getting more fat :) I'm pretty sure she is head down too because all of the stronger kicks are near the top of my belly

Appointments?: Next Tuesday for GTT

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: My mom was in town for the past week and we painted the soon to be nursery. It will still be our guest room until April/May though so it doesn't look like a nursery lol.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Back pains starting to get worse if I do too much and I've had a slight head cold the past few days which is annoying. Also, even though this is my second pregnancy, I think I finally figured out when I'm having BH. I know that sounds weird to some people but they were never uncomfortable so I always thought it was just the baby moving around. Now I can tell when my stomach tightens lol.

Questions?: 

We don't have any family near us so it's usually just DH, DD, and I and usually at least one of us is working. We usually open one gift on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning and then I make some sort of meal for Christmas (last year it was pot roast.) This year my friend and her family invited us over for Christmas Eve and we're having some sort of seafood. Should be interesting!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Weeks/Size: 25 weeks tomorrow, Cauliflower :-)

Team (pink/blue/surprise): pink!

What's new with baby?: Growing some hair which explains the acid reflux :-\

Appointments?: January 4th for the Glucose Challenge Test woo!!

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: I'm really really hoping my husband finds it in him to finish painting the nursery <3

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Acid Reflux, going to try smaller meals.  It probably will promote good eating habits in me since I am a binge eater.

Questions?: 

We are leaving Christmas Eve for Florida to spend Christmas with my husband's family, it is very exciting.  We fly back on Sunday and will drive to my parent's house to have Christmas with them.  I have finished all my shopping and am very excited!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Weeks/Size: 28/eggplant

What's new with baby?: growing fat to be less wrinkly

Appointments?: I should probably go do my glucose test this week, but then ob on Monday, but with someone else in the practice which I got irrationally upset about

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: reached out to a couple new mama friends for advice about what to register for since I was feeling totally overwhelmed and they totally came through with great advice. Now I just actually have to pick a store and set it up.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: baby boy must have had a growth spurt 3 or 4 days ago, because I went from feeling the occasional kick or wiggle to suddenly feeling evvvvverything, alllll day and night since then. Like nonstop movement, it's crazy. I'm guessing that's not going to go away?

Questions?: I know a lot of you go to practices with multiple docs. When you meet a new one, do you get stuck telling them your whole life story? Or do they just measure & check baby's heartbeat and keep it impersonal?

GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc. Most years, we would celebrate one night of Hanukkah with my family, usually whatever night is the most convenient for my siblings and me during the holiday but some years when it's early, we just wait until around the 21st-22nd, when my mom and brother have birthdays and do one big celebration in one with lots of potato latkes and gift exchanging. Christmas Eve was spent with hot roast beef sandwiches, spiked egg nog, the beginning of the Christmas Story marathon, and exchanging gifts with his aunt, uncle, and cousins at their house. Christmas Day belonged at his parents house, where we would have breakfast and open presents one at a time under the tree, taking our time. Then my husband and I would usually head out to see a movie, and come back closer to dinner, stuffed pork loin, with his extended family, followed by tons of cookies (a lot of which I'd make) for dessert. There had been some variations, but that's how the last 10 years generally went.

I'm not sure how this year will go. My husband suddenly passed away at the beginning of November, and none of us are quite feeling in the holiday spirit. I know I'll spend some time with my in-laws, but I know it's going to be rough for all of us.
  • Weeks/Size: 28/eggplant Team (pink/blue/surprise): blue What's new with baby?: growing fat to be less wrinkly Appointments?: I should probably go do my glucose test this week, but then ob on Monday, but with someone else in the practice which I got irrationally upset about Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: reached out to a couple new mama friends for advice about what to register for since I was feeling totally overwhelmed and they totally came through with great advice. Now I just actually have to pick a store and set it up. Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: baby boy must have had a growth spurt 3 or 4 days ago, because I went from feeling the occasional kick or wiggle to suddenly feeling evvvvverything, alllll day and night since then. Like nonstop movement, it's crazy. I'm guessing that's not going to go away? Questions?: I know a lot of you go to practices with multiple docs. When you meet a new one, do you get stuck telling them your whole life story? Or do they just measure & check baby's heartbeat and keep it impersonal? GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc. Most years, we would celebrate one night of Hanukkah with my family, usually whatever night is the most convenient for my siblings and me during the holiday but some years when it's early, we just wait until around the 21st-22nd, when my mom and brother have birthdays and do one big celebration in one with lots of potato latkes and gift exchanging. Christmas Eve was spent with hot roast beef sandwiches, spiked egg nog, the beginning of the Christmas Story marathon, and exchanging gifts with his aunt, uncle, and cousins at their house. Christmas Day belonged at his parents house, where we would have breakfast and open presents one at a time under the tree, taking our time. Then my husband and I would usually head out to see a movie, and come back closer to dinner, stuffed pork loin, with his extended family, followed by tons of cookies (a lot of which I'd make) for dessert. There had been some variations, but that's how the last 10 years generally went. I'm not sure how this year will go. My husband suddenly passed away at the beginning of November, and none of us are quite feeling in the holiday spirit. I know I'll spend some time with my in-laws, but I know it's going to be rough for all of us.
    Did I really read this right?  Your husband passed away?  Oh my gosh I am so sorry! 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• @skruhmin, Yes he did. Thank you.
  • @annamakesthings I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family have my deepest sympathy.
  • @annamakesthings ((hugs)) I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. I wish there were words that could comfort you. You and your family will be in my prayers. Hug your bump a little bit firmer and keep strong.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • @annamakesthings <3 I can't even imagine.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Thank you @Synnovus @soxfan9968 and @bntfroggie. Even before actually saying it here, I've felt so much support from you ladies on the boards that I felt like I should just open up about it instead of skirting around it like I had been.
  • Thank you @Synnovus @soxfan9968 and @bntfroggie. Even before actually saying it here, I've felt so much support from you ladies on the boards that I felt like I should just open up about it instead of skirting around it like I had been.
    Seriously lay it on us.  This community is awesome.  Are you close with your in-laws? 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• skruhmin said:

Thank you @Synnovus @soxfan9968 and @bntfroggie. Even before actually saying it here, I've felt so much support from you ladies on the boards that I felt like I should just open up about it instead of skirting around it like I had been.

Seriously lay it on us.  This community is awesome.  Are you close with your in-laws? 

Relatively. My husband and I had been together for 10 and a half years, so we had spent plenty of time with them and they are lovely people. We had moved from the east coast to the west coast though two years ago, so we hadn't spent so much time with them the last two years. I've moved back east though, and they've been really supportive while I look for an apartment, keeping my dog for me since he's not allowed in my parents condo where I've been staying. I've been blessed with a tremendous amount of support but it's obviously still devastating.
  • @annamakesthings , I'm so very sorry for your loss. Is your family close to support you?
    Relatively. My husband and I had been together for 10 and a half years, so we had spent plenty of time with them and they are lovely people. We had moved from the east coast to the west coast though two years ago, so we hadn't spent so much time with them the last two years. I've moved back east though, and they've been really supportive while I look for an apartment, keeping my dog for me since he's not allowed in my parents condo where I've been staying. I've been blessed with a tremendous amount of support but it's obviously still devastating.
    I just wish I could give you a giant bear hug right now - awkward with the bellies though. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• @annamakesthings I'm soo sorry for your loss.  Sending you lots of hugs!

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @annamakesthings so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine... There are no words. There never are. Glad to hear you have supportive family around you.
  • @annamakesthings I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Weeks/Size: 27! Size of a rutabaga!

Team (pink/blue/surprise): surprise

What's new with baby?: brain activity!

Appointments?: Had one last Monday, next is the second week of January.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: finished my registry- just waiting for the completion discount to start!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: my glucose blood test revealed I am anemic so my Dr prescribed an iron supplement. It is making me so sick :(

Questions?: suggestions of when/how to take the iron supplement to avoid getting sick? I've tried taking it with food, without food, in the morning, in the afternoon. My Dr said not to take it at the same time as my prenatal, and I take that right before bed, so maybe try doing the prenatal in the morning and the iron before bed??

GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc. Well, before we had DD, we had 4 Christmas celebrations every year! We did DH's family on Christmas Eve afternoon and then my dad's Christmas Eve night. We would go to my mom's Christmas Day. And then my grandma throws a huge Christmas party every year for all my extended family- and that is usually on the 26th. However, DD was born a few days before Christmas 2 years ago, so we did not make it back to Wisconsin that year. Last year DH had to work the day after Christmas, so we again did not make the trek home (we live in Michigan). This year, we again are not going back because of DH's work. However, the last few years we've been able to celebrate the holiday as our own little family and have started to make our own traditions, so it's actually been nice and a lot less stressful not traveling!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ejverre I usually take my iron supplement right after dinner. And I've started to only take it every other day since my stomach doesn't handle it very well after a couple days in a row.
  • @Synnovus thank you! I'll try that. If it keeps making me sick I may switch to every other day too.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ejverre I have to take mine after I eat. If I take it even a minute before I am sick. Mine is twice a day so I take one after I eat a solid breakfast and one at night after my bedtime snack. That has been working for me. If changing things doesn't help you can ask for a different supplement form such as slow release or liquid that may be easier on your digestive system.
  • @annamakesthings I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Please know there are people out there praying for you.
  • Weeks/Size: 29!  The size of an acorn squash :)  only 11 weeks to go!

Team (pink/blue/surprise): BLUE

What's new with baby?: Baby is between 2.5-2.8 pounds,  He is still packing on fat and beginning to run out of room in my uterus!  He is going to be a little rock star lol- all the way to work this morning he kicked with delight over Soup Dragons and Genesis (listening to 90's lol), but he would stop whenever Mariah or Paula came on (not that I can blame him- yuck!). I really enjoy my alone time with baby in the car.

Appointments?: Wednesday is chocked full.  3 hour glucose in the am, followed by ultrasound at 1:45, then my injection/checkup at 3.  I get to meet one of the other doctors in the practice that day, and the following week I will meet the other; that way I won't be surprised when I go into labor and if my doctor can't be there. 

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Kinda...

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: All the lovely symptoms are back. Heartburn (which had disappeared for a week or so), constipation, hemorrhoids, I'm back to not sleeping..

Questions?: 

GTKY: Tell us about what your Christmas day or other Holiday day looks like - how do you celebrate, when, with whom, etc. Christmas we spend the morning with DD, then I take her to her father's and we spend the afternoon at the IL's.  Sunday after Christmas we are having a small party with my family.  We usually go all out on New Year's too for a big party- my mom's birthday is New Year's so we usually get drunk (not this year!) and have a midnight birthday cake for her :).

* I coulda swore I posted this yesterday- but instead it saved as a draft! duy...

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @annamakesthings I'm so sorry for your loss. The holidays are such a hard time to get through when you lose a loved one. Sending you love and strength.

Pregnancy Ticker