March 2016 Moms

FFFC 12/18

Are you guilty or not?
DS1 - 9/21/11
DS2 - 7/4/14
DS3 - 2/21/16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

Re: FFFC 12/18

• Loading the player...
  • I'm starting to get irritated with this whole baby shower planning business.  My cousin texted me the other day to let me know she has decided to do the shower at her mom's house because its bigger than my mom's (its not) and every venue she tried calling wanted $200+ for 30 people.  I get that.  But then she keeps asking me all these details about what I want.  Uh- aren't you the one supposed to be doing the planning?  I asked her that and said I really didn't care, but then she asked me about food and what I want.  I told her food. So she replies with "duh, but like what do you crave that we can have?" So I replied back again- "FOOD". Seriously this pregnant lady here can pack away anything that is on the plate!  Most of us can!  She decided she wants to do a sit-down lunch rather than finger foods, but then asks me what we should have to eat.  I'm getting to the end of this rope, I'm grumpy, uncomfortable, overtired, and the last thing I want to do is plan my own shower.  I'm truly grateful someone wanted to throw me one, but then I'm doing all the planning anyway... its frustrating.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @flowerpower5838 last year my MIL gave me dollar store wine glasses and I kid you not....wedding favors....from our wedding!!
    The family I worked for was out of town most of December so I wasn't getting paid and she had the nerve to ask DH why he didn't get her a gift?!?!

These women
  • When DH went to leave this morning, his car battery had died and car wouldn't start. I let him take my car hoping that I would get it jumped and be able to get to work on time. The more time that passed, I was hoping that I would have no way to get it started and would have to call in to work. No such luck. DH used his AAA and the car is now working...
  • @charley15 that sounds fantastic.  I think the only solid cravings I've had this pregnancy have been chocolate milk and Oreo McFlurries.  No clue why.  Not something I normally get, but man, oreos....
  • @smushi I got a strawberry shake.  I try really hard to stay away from soda and craving sweets makes that hard.  Shakes it is!
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Don't get me wrong I already love both my boys with all my heart but a part of me is a little sad to be having twins. I'm afraid that they aren't going to get the love and attention they deserve since I'm always going to have to choose which one needs me more.
  • Chicken fingers with fries and a Coke for lunch (fighting a bad headache). Followed by a Berger cookie (if you don't know, now you know: https://www.bergercookies.com/)...it's a Baltimore thing. 

Headed on a walk to the library to pick up books, so I felt like the 9,000 calories were totally warranted.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• So my husband and I have the same fight every year about Christmas gifts. My preference is that we buy for each other, parents, and neices. His is that we buy for everyone.

I take issue with wasting money on gifts to 30+ year olds who have everything they want and the ability to easily purchase what they don't already have. I think Christmas is more for the kids and a way of showing appreciation to our parents who do a lot for all of us through the year.

My husband thinks he's just "a more giving person" than I am and doesn't like any of my suggestions for a dirty Santa gift exchange between siblings or a secret Santa one where we could buy one better gift for who we draw rather than 12+ cheaper gifts. Or to do homemade treats including moonshine and baked goods or something similar.

Besides, it's not like we ever get these fantastic presents from the siblings, and I feel like they aren't super thrilled by ours either. You can only do so much for the amount of people involved. Plus, we've paid literally thousands of dollars on medical expenses for me this year in addition to saving so I can take maternity leave. Other surprises came up, as well, like replacing our AC and other crap. This year has been a beast for us.

So my FFFC is this year he got his way, AGAIN, so I shopped for literally everyone but one of his brothers and his dad. 12 people I took care of a month ago. He had three including myself. As of last night, he still had only bought something for his dad. Apparently he must have ordered me something as I snored away next to him in bed because he told me not to look at the account this morning. Yet he still has nothing for his brother. I refuse to bail him out this time. If he doesn't get anything for him, oh well. I don't even feel guilty thanks to the raging pregnancy hormones.
  • kfarr26 said:

So my husband and I have the same fight every year about Christmas gifts. My preference is that we buy for each other, parents, and neices. His is that we buy for everyone.

I take issue with wasting money on gifts to 30+ year olds who have everything they want and the ability to easily purchase what they don't already have. I think Christmas is more for the kids and a way of showing appreciation to our parents who do a lot for all of us through the year.

My husband thinks he's just "a more giving person" than I am and doesn't like any of my suggestions for a dirty Santa gift exchange between siblings or a secret Santa one where we could buy one better gift for who we draw rather than 12+ cheaper gifts. Or to do homemade treats including moonshine and baked goods or something similar.

Besides, it's not like we ever get these fantastic presents from the siblings, and I feel like they aren't super thrilled by ours either. You can only do so much for the amount of people involved. Plus, we've paid literally thousands of dollars on medical expenses for me this year in addition to saving so I can take maternity leave. Other surprises came up, as well, like replacing our AC and other crap. This year has been a beast for us.

So my FFFC is this year he got his way, AGAIN, so I shopped for literally everyone but one of his brothers and his dad. 12 people I took care of a month ago. He had three including myself. As of last night, he still had only bought something for his dad. Apparently he must have ordered me something as I snored away next to him in bed because he told me not to look at the account this morning. Yet he still has nothing for his brother. I refuse to bail him out this time. If he doesn't get anything for him, oh well. I don't even feel guilty thanks to the raging pregnancy hormones.

Get him to work for FedEx. He'll be so busy this time of year gifts won't even cross his mind so you can do whatever you want. Then by Christmas day you'll be lucky he remembers his own name and will want to do nothing but relax. Nine years strong with that plan myself.

On the other hand, I know how extremely frustrating it can be to be the one to figure out and do all the gift shopping. I have had the same "you only have 2 people to shop for" situation and have ended up figuring those out myself too. Hell, we tend to do a combined gift for each other because I know he won't get around to getting me something. He has the absolutely logical excuse though so that bit doesn't bother me.
  • I feel almost like a hobbit this pregnancy. I feel like being taller would make me more comfy growing this child (bahaha). Second breakfasts? No so much. However, I'm all about Second Lunch! At least my feet aren't covered in fur (yet). :smile:
  • kfarr26 said:
    So my husband and I have the same fight every year about Christmas gifts. My preference is that we buy for each other, parents, and neices. His is that we buy for everyone. I take issue with wasting money on gifts to 30+ year olds who have everything they want and the ability to easily purchase what they don't already have. I think Christmas is more for the kids and a way of showing appreciation to our parents who do a lot for all of us through the year. My husband thinks he's just "a more giving person" than I am and doesn't like any of my suggestions for a dirty Santa gift exchange between siblings or a secret Santa one where we could buy one better gift for who we draw rather than 12+ cheaper gifts. Or to do homemade treats including moonshine and baked goods or something similar. Besides, it's not like we ever get these fantastic presents from the siblings, and I feel like they aren't super thrilled by ours either. You can only do so much for the amount of people involved. Plus, we've paid literally thousands of dollars on medical expenses for me this year in addition to saving so I can take maternity leave. Other surprises came up, as well, like replacing our AC and other crap. This year has been a beast for us. So my FFFC is this year he got his way, AGAIN, so I shopped for literally everyone but one of his brothers and his dad. 12 people I took care of a month ago. He had three including myself. As of last night, he still had only bought something for his dad. Apparently he must have ordered me something as I snored away next to him in bed because he told me not to look at the account this morning. Yet he still has nothing for his brother. I refuse to bail him out this time. If he doesn't get anything for him, oh well. I don't even feel guilty thanks to the raging pregnancy hormones.

LOL your husband would think my family is full of a bunch of scrooges. My brother and I have an agreement not to buy for one another. DH has 4 brothers (each with spouses) and we did a couples secret santa for years, but it got so boring (give a Lowes GC, get a Home Depot GC) that we decided to ditch it until we can get everyone to agree on a better idea. I'm thinking next year we do a booze/apps/sweets thing on Christmas Eve (when we celebrate together) where everyone brings some sort of holiday drink or food.

We typically don't buy for the nieces or nephews over 18 either, but I was a softy this year and bought for the two that are going to be home. We have 10 nieces and nephews so we gotta draw the line somewhere.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• I hate being pregnant with this woman at my church. She's the children's ministers wife, about 5 years younger than me, and six weeks behind me with her first. She is so cute and petite, had no morning sickness and always looks cute (hair and makeup done). I'm expecting my second, 30 years old, have terrible morning sickness (still ugggg) and generally struggle to put on a bra. I feel like everyone compares us. I get the "oh she's so petite and happy". I just want to punch her in the face. Not really but I definitely avoid standing by her.
    She might get plagued with a fussy newborn then ;) kind of reminds me of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and the one with the twin pregnancy has the perfect pregnancy with no pains but then the twins cry all. the. time.  Not that I'd wish that on anyone.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I work weekdays 8am - 6pm and my husband works weekdays 4pm - 1am. We do not see each other very often. There is a few hour overlap when we are both asleep and can actually be in the same room for the first time all day. The problem is that I snore. Loudly. He still hears through the earplugs. For the past few months (since it got even worse) he's been sleeping in the guest room. Well I'm tired of it. I invited my teenage brothers to spend the weekend with us to help set up the nursery. The guest room and all our couches will be occupied. DH has no where to sleep but in bed with his loud snoring wife. I would have felt bad 2 months ago but I have just had it with sleeping alone.
  • Tell him to suck it up and get earplugs. And take unisom.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• So my So has twin sisters that are 21 and were just perfect little skinny barbie dolls ..blonde hair and no brains included :) and they just so happen to have gotten pregnant at the same time well a month apart both FTM And I got lucky enough to be due the same day as one of them and the other is due DS's birthday :( I dont want our children to share birthdays !!! ..I know its stupid but I just dont .... But on the plus side it has been so entertaining to see how miserable pregnancy has been for them .. Gained alot stretch marks etc. Definitely not what they thought it was going to be :).. I feel mean but also don't care they are not nice girls ..at all!
  • This is late but I bought some "organic" frosted flakes from whole foods. I totally had a craving but when I got home the inside bag wasn't totally sealed. I checked for bugs and had a bowl anyway. I totally know if I wasn't pregnant I would have had the will power to bring them back. Lol
  • This is late but I bought some "organic" frosted flakes from whole foods. I totally had a craving but when I got home the inside bag wasn't totally sealed. I checked for bugs and had a bowl anyway. I totally know if I wasn't pregnant I would have had the will power to bring them back. Lol
    This happened to me! I was craving Raisin Bran so I bought some on Monday. Opened it Tuesday morning and the bag hadn't sealed all the way. I am way too lazy at this point to drag me and the toddler in the snow back to the store so I ate it all week..it was a little stale but still so yummy.

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• @Katherine8908 I know how you feel! My original due date was just a few days after my MILs birthday and I didn't want to deal with that. Luckily I'm a few weeks behind what they thought originally. You probably won't end up sharing birthdays with the twins, even if it's close! Most babies don't show up on their due dates!
  • I don't know if mine is a true FFFC, and today is Sunday, but whatever. This morning I woke up with a cold and was feeling like crap. My husband and I switch "sleep in" mornings so that we each get a chance to sleep in. This will all change when the baby gets here, of course, but for now it's working. Anyway, whoever gets up is supposed to let the chickens out and feed them. (I know you're laughing right now, @SarahFoley725!) Well, he got up with our son at 7:30 and I slept until 10 because I was feeling so crappy. When I got up I texted him to make sure the chickens were ok and he texted back and said "oh, I just woke up...I was going to do it now." Which means the chickens has been up for 4 hours and cooped up together. It just pisses me off that he gets up on his early day and goes back to bed and shirks the work that has to get done. He said it's because he was up late the night before...well, who's fault is that?! Grrr. When he came upstairs I just out my coat on and went out to do the chicken chores and pretended I didn't hear him when he tried to talk to me. Men. Ugh.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @cmerribury lol chickens!! Also ugh men