2nd Trimester
Options

bathroom pains????

I searched and the only thread I found similar to this was closed with three unhelpful answers so here I am.

Anyways, I'm 23 weeks to date, and for about 3 or 4 weeks now whenever I go use the restroom, 1 or 2, I have horrid pains through my abdomine. Ive been writing it off as RLP and just assumed it was normal and that constipation (Ive been going daily, just never feel completely empty and these pains arent helping) is increasing the pressure and making it worse. But its just not letting up and it is so constant. My doctor said its RLP and disnt give me any helpful advice. I was hoping that someone here may have some hints on how to help. Its to the point I feel like my bladder and bowels are never empty, I always cut my bathroom visits short because I hurt too bad to continue. It brings me to tears and I cant help but gasp in pain or whine from it. Its freaking DH out too. Help please!

Re: bathroom pains????

• Options
    This is also baby 2 for me and I never had this issue with my son.
  • Options
    Have you been checked out for UTI? That can be very painful sometimes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i mean.. i would suggest it might be a UTI, but since it hurts going #2 as well, i have no idea :/ i personally haven't experienced pain while using the washroom, so i dont have advice on what may help.

i would seek a 2nd professional opinion maybe? since you said your doctor wasn't very helpful. if he/she also suggests RLP, then i would just go with it & ask them what would help.

i also wouldn't base anything you experience off your first pregnancy. every one is different & throws different things at you. good luck!
  • Options
    Here's a few ideas of what it could possibly be that came to my mind (but since I'm not a medical professional these are obviously only suggestions) - UTI, thrush infection, kidney stones, dehydration, constipation/hemorrhoids, or like your doc suggested RLP.

If you feel like something is wrong don't let your doctor brush it off as no big deal. Get a second opinion if necessary. You know your body and when something doesn't feel right.
  • Options
    I know this pain well. Rlp has been my constant enemy. Have u tried colace for constipation? Might help to clear the pipes.
  • Options
    This happened to me, but only for a couple days. I dismissed it is regular pregnancy pains. But if it was going on for weeks at a time, that would have been really hard for me. It HURTS. I never even spoke to my doctor about it because it went away and hasn't really come back, but I would continue to ask if it keeps up.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Maybe you just need to poop.
  • Options
    I get utis pretty commonly and I dont think thats the problem. But @ashleyroberton0113 Ill ask my doctor about the other things you mentioned. Its just becoming a pain to go to the bathroom at all times now. If I cant get an answer Ill seek a second opinion. I definitely feel like this isnt normal at all.

Thank you ladies.
  • Options
    @djdawn29a I havent tried it but will. Anything is worth a shot at this point
  • Options
    I had this for two days about two months ago, possibly around your stage but i cant really remember. I didnt feel particularly 'constipated'
    It felt a bit more like rlp but sure enough, two cups of coffee that day and one the next day and it cleaned me out. Never had it again. Not saying that this is your problem, or that it will fix your problem, but it certainly helped me. If you dont get any relief soon, i would get a second opinion. Docs are sometimes wrong too!
  • Options
    I had this around 17-19 weeks. It was pretty horrible and my abdomen felt so tender all the time. It just got worse when I would pee or poop.  My doctor said it was RLP and suggested increasing fiber and fluids in order to have more complete bowel movements. Did not cure the pain while actually going to the bathroom, but it made me feel…emptier? (i guess that's the word I'm looking for). Anyway, it seemed to help with the overall tenderness which was worth it. Hang in there! It didn't last forever for me, and I hope it goes away soon for you, too.
  • Options
    Thanks again ladies. Youre fantastic for offering what you can.

I will try the coffee tomorrow. I still have issues with this but its eased a bit the past two days. I cant imagine that its a uti or constipation due to the fact that its painful pooping AND peeing. However Im at a loss. I have a second apt scheduled with a high risk ob next week and will be asking for their advice. (Im not high risk but my last pregnancy was and theyre dotting their Is and crossing their Ts)
  • Options
    I hope you get some answers. With my pregnancies I have had some cramping when going to the bathroom (both), like serious breathe-through-it type cramping. It definitely wasn't RLP, but another helpful mom friend suggested it was like the cramps one has with diarrhea, and that with the pee that maybe I was holding it too long/not going frequently enough (and I'd also have that "not quite empty" feeling with both). Anyhow, just wanted to offer some empathy and hopefully hearing someone else has experienced this with no complications will ease your mind a bit. Hope your high risk appt goes well!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!