Trouble TTC

New Gal In Town - Intro!

Hello everyone!
I decided to introduce myself on this board because I feel the members on this board would be more knowledgeable than those that have not ran into issues yet.
Little/long back story: I am 22, DH is 29. We have been together for 3 years, married since May, 30 2015 and TTC since then.
My mother had infertility for 8 years, I am a product of Clomid, and am an only child. I always had a feeling that I would have issues conceiving. I started getting AF when I was 10, and have had missed periods every since. Like, 4 a year and incinsistent. But, every doctor I've ever had always said I was too young to be concerned, that it would work itself out as I got older. Which I know now is not true.
I was put on birth control when I was 17, but for bad acne, not because of AF.
My BC was changed probably 5-6 times over the 4 years I was on it because absent, long, or heavy periods. No one ever thought to check hormones until I was 21.
The first set of hormones blood tests all came back fine, Estradiol, Estrogen, TSH, Lipids, Prolactin, and a few other basic tests. Sugars are also fine, not diabetic. Those were done in early 2014, ordered by my NP.
Got a new OB doc in May, absolutely adore her! I stopped my BC in May. I've had 4 AFs since. The first 2 were because the BC hormones were still lingering in my system, they were irregular also. The last 2 AFs were in Oct/Nov, got them because I was put on Provera. In October I had another set of hormone blood tests, this time we finally found something. Along with the aformentioned tests, my OB decided to also order 17-hydroxy Progesterone. This was the only test that came back irregular.
Normal range for that test is 15-70, by level was 555! Finally something proving I'm not crazy, something is wrong with me! After my doc called me with this, she decided she thinks I have Congenital adrenal hyperplasia. The result along with other symptoms I have led her to this. She also put me on Metformin to help with ovarian quality, even though I do not have PCOS or sugar issues.
Right now, I am on my way to my first appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist.
DH and I are so nervous and excited at the same time!
I am hoping this community can give me somewhere to vent, and maybe find someone with similar issues to discuss with!
Thank you in advance!!
--Summer

Me: 23   DH: 30

TTC since May 2015

DX: Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia causing

anovulation/amenorrhea.

BFP on 9/8/16 after cycle #9 of 16 months TTC!! 1st US 10/3

.Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
Currently: Very anxious!!

Re: New Gal In Town - Intro!

• Welcome.  I am glad you are seeing an RE, I hope it goes well!  I definitely hear you on the nervous/excited combo.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Hello and welcome! This community offers a lot of support. Looking forward to hearing more from you on your TTC journey. :-) 

----trigger warning----
    Married 11 years, DD born 9/2009, MC 1/2013
    TTC #2 since 2014, dx: unexplained annovulation,
    2 cycles of Clomid, MC 1/2016, BFP June 4
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much ladies!!
    My appointment with my RE was nerve racking, but not terrible.
    He redrew my 17-hydroxy progesterone for a comformation. And I will know the results of it Tuesday. He also had a AMH, Testosterone, and regular progesterone drawn today also to cover bases.
    He told us that he is not comfortable treating me by himself because I am only the 2nd person with my condition he has had.
    If I were to conceive and did not use steroid injections my chances of having a masculine female are very high. And she would have my condition also, we assume my mother had it as well. If my husband is also a carrier, there's a chance I could have a daughter with male anatomy.
    So, of course I want to take every precaution I can to prevent passing this on.
    Since he doesn't deal with this often enough, he is referring me to a medical endocrinologist and a genetic counselor.
    I will know more on when that is happening tuesday.

Thank you so much for an open welcoming!!

Me: 23   DH: 30

TTC since May 2015

DX: Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia causing

anovulation/amenorrhea.

BFP on 9/8/16 after cycle #9 of 16 months TTC!! 1st US 10/3

.Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
    Currently: Very anxious!!
  • Welcome and good luck