August 2015 Moms

What time is baby's bedtime?

What time do you start the bedtime process and what time are they actually asleep by? Thanks!

Re: What time is baby's bedtime?

• I haven't actually got a bedtime routine yet. She generally goes off to sleep about 6.30 after we've taken the dogs out for a walk then we take her up to bed with us at 10ish when she wants feeding. That's when we feed and change her then put her in her bed. Sometimes it's later if she's still awake, then we give her a bath before settling her down and putting her to bed. She's sort of setting her own routine and I'm happy with that because she still gets plenty of sleep and is really good during the night.
  • We aim to start the bed time routine at 7pm, bath, bottle and put into crib before 8pm. He is 12 weeks and has yet to go longer than 3 hours at night before waking so hoping a routine may help more x
  • Loading the player...
  • annaw14annaw14 member
    edited November 2015
    leannef88 said:

We aim to start the bed time routine at 7pm, bath, bottle and put into crib before 8pm. He is 12 weeks and has yet to go longer than 3 hours at night before waking so hoping a routine may help more x

We do the same routine, bath at 7 then feed and rock in the rocking chair while watching one of those star projectors with lullabies. That usually knocks him out and he's in bed by 815. He's almost 13 weeks and only does one stretch longer than 3 hours and that's usually 8pm-1am so I go to sleep then too lol
  • We start her bedtime routine at 7:30. I put her in pajamas and a clean diaper, then her dad reads to her a few stories. I nurse her until she is done. Sometimes she falls asleep while nursing, other times she doesn't. Either way, I put her in her bassinet right after, awake or asleep, and she stays there for the rest of the night until 4:15 when she wakes to eat. Then she goes back to sleep for another 3 hours.
  • I put my toddler to bed around 7 and then when she is put in her crib, we bathe baby, give her a bottle, burp her really well, swaddle her in the miracle blanket and put her down. She is usually asleep around 8:30. She will then sleep 6 hours and after a bottle and a diaper change will sleep another 3 usually.
  • Bedtime routine starts at 730 and he's down around 755. Feed one side, diaper change, lotion, and pj's, then feed the other side. If it's bath night, routine starts at 715.
  • Bedtime routine starts at 730 and he's down around 755. Feed one side, diaper change, lotion, and pj's, then feed the other side. If it's bath night, routine starts at 715.

How often do you bath your baby?
  • deviduke412deviduke412 member
    edited November 2015
    @phawkes9 Every 3 days.
  • We had been taking LO to bed with us around 11 but one night she knocked out at 7 and slept really well that night so we've kept that up. We do bath, book, and nursing around 6, and she's usually passed out by 7. She then sleeps two four hour stretches in a row followed by a couple two hour stretches.
    Married 6.21.2014
    DD #1: 8.16.2015
    #2 EDD: 1.13.2019
  • We usually change her into her pjs around 7. We follow her cues, sometimes she sleeps in the evening, sometimes she's more awake for playtime. Either way we read to her and rock her. Her last bottle is usually between 10 and 11, we feed her swaddle her, rock her and put her in the bassinet once she's asleep. She will then sleep 6-8 hours.
  • My DH and I go up to bed around 9. I bathe her (3x per week), lotion her up, put on her pj's, clean diaper and then nurse her. Usually she will fall asleep while nursing and I burp her, then lay her down in her bassinet around 10-10:30 and she will sleep until 7-7:30am. Luckily, I haven't had to do MOTN feedings since she was 2 weeks old.
  • Last night we switched things up a bit. At 8pm we fed her, then bathed her (well just put her in the warm water, no soap), lotioned and pjs, read a story and then she fell asleep by 9pm. Put her down and she woke up at 230 to eat, then 6. I find when I feed, then bath, she falls asleep on the boob and then wakes up earlier by she didn't get enough food. Wish we could skip this 230 feeding and just get to 5-530 though. Especially going back to work in less than two weeks.
  • MouseMama817MouseMama817 member
    edited November 2015
    We had her at a 9pm bedtime but luckily day lights savings has allowed us to seamlessly move her to 8 :). So at 8pm one of us gets her into a bath, then rubs her down w/ that lavender bedtime lotion/Pj's while the other one readies the living room by dimming all the lights and getting her bottle ready (she currently will only sleep in her R&P in the living room.). Once she's fed we swaddle her, pray over her, and put her down in her R&P and rock her til she's asleep. If we start right at 8 she's usually asleep by 8:30. She typically will sleep through until 9am the next morning.
  • DD2 usually decides to hit the hay around 8-9, since the time change it is more like 7-8pm. She has no bedtime routine. She is usually up for an hour before she goes down for the night. I bathe her once a week and the warm water makes her so tired she can barely stand it so I give her the bath right before "bedtime".

I never did a bedtime routine with DD1. I just started with a routine about a month ago; dinner (about 6:30-7pm), bath, maybe 1 book of she isn't running up the walls, talk about her day (what we did, what she liked/didn't like/thought/felt/saw), nurse for 5-10 minutes (the only time she nurses now at 2.5yr) and cuddle to sleep with her in bed. She is out by 7:40-9:10, depending on our day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He falls asleep between 8 and 9 and usually sleeps until 1 or 2 and then falls back asleep on and off until 7 or 8 waking just to eat. The other day he slept from 9-5 and that was awesome :D
  • Bedtime routine starts at 8:00... Bath, massage, feeding, and swaddling. Falls asleep with no problem (:
  • LO will take a bottle and sleep for a couple hours around 7, then gets another bottle at 10 or 11 and is swaddled up and then our for the night until about 8am
  • We head up between 7-7:30 unless the afternoon went really badly and he needs to go up earlier, like tonight....lol.

He had been going down to sleep between 7:30-8 and sleeping a 7.5 hour stretch then a 3 hour stretch, but 6 days ago decided to no longer do that and has been very unpredictable the last week with multiple night wakings. Here's hoping he goes back to normal tonight....I'm zonked.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • L typically goes to sleep between 9:30-10:30.

I pump while H feeds at 9, change his diaper, then we have snuggle/lullaby time until he is out. He is usually down until 3am, when he gets another 2-3 oz bottle. Then back down until 6:30am, when he is up for the day.

Although, he has started teething the last 2-3 days, and is very fussy from about 8pm until 12-1am.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I start around 7. Give both kids a bath, breastfeed, then book and bed. Give or take. Sometimes DD1 will make this take little longer. Usually in bed by 730-830. My 14 week old will only sleep 40 minutes at a time. I'll have to hold him every 40 minutes. All these few hours or 12 hour sleep post are getting me jealous. He just has to learn to put himself to sleep and it's hard. I put him down awake. And sometimes he'll put himself to sleep... Still up 40 minutes later lol. My DD1 did the same stuff until she was 8 months old and we had to sleep train her. Worked wonders!
  • My little guy usually falls asleep in the living room around 7. I will wake him up around 10 change him into pjs and his nighttime diaper. Nurse him and put in him to bed in my room . He will usually sleep until anywhere from 3-5 am wake up nurse and fall back asleep until around 8 or 9am he is 12 weeks not too much of a routine it's just kind of what he does each night .
  • I'm jealous of everyone who has such good sleepers! my baby wakes up every 3 hours to eat and lately has been wide awake at 4am wanting to get up.

we have a bedtime routine and he goes to sleep easily at 730pm, then I dream feed him at 1030pm  and then he wakes up every 3 hours or less from there!

its been 14 weeks of sleepless nights for me!

• My son is tired by 4! He stays up until 6 though. He's sleeping in his crib by 6 or 6:30, wakes up at 2am for a feeding and goes back to sleep until 5-7ish. He's 10 weeks
  • Bedtime is at 8 so we usually start her bedtime routine at 7:45-8pm. We give her a bath, massage w/ the J&J bedtime lotion (that's more for me lol), swaddle, and feed. She's usually out by 8:30 or earlier and sleeps until 8 or 9 the next morning. 
  • I aim for 7-7:30.
  • She eats a lot about 6 or 6:30, then gets a bath, then baby massage, then singing and rocking in the rocker in a dark room, then down by about 7 or 715. 
  • We aim for 8:30 to 9:30 depending on his eating schedule that day. We obviously prefer the 8:30 but LO pretty much runs the show. Lights go out and we put on a fresh diaper and pj's and feed him a bottle and put him down. He sleeps until about 1 and then is usually up again around 4:30 or 5. He sleeps a little better on the nights he gets baths.
  • My son is tired by 4! He stays up until 6 though. He's sleeping in his crib by 6 or 6:30, wakes up at 2am for a feeding and goes back to sleep until 5-7ish. He's 10 weeks

This is more like our schedule too. I think it's because she doesn't sleep that great at daycare yet. (I spoiled her during maternity leave by letting her sleep on my chest all the time.) we get home about 530 each weekday. Do a bath every other day. Then immediately feed and she's down for the night, usually about 6ish. She usually sleeps until 1-2, eats again and then sleeps until we wake her at 6am.
  • KateDerekKateDerek member
    edited November 2015
    Usually she is sleeping around 9. Give or take an hour or so. She sleeps until 4-6 before she wakes for a feeding. If she goes until 6 we usually get up if it's a work day. If it's not I try and get her to sleep until about 7.
  • Sammie6 have you tried using an air purifier? I have one that changes to different coloured lights and steam comes out of it. My LO lyes down and stares at the steam and lights which makes him drift off to sleep on his own. I think the gentle humming noise helps too and it is safe to put on all night. My LO is 13 weeks and can sleep 8-9.5hrs straight.
  • My baby has her last bottle around 9, usually goes down for 9.30. She sleeps right through until 8.30am xx
  • we try to keep him up until 8, but now that he's in daycare, he's exhausted by 630-7. I wake him by 11 to fill him up and if i don't he wakes by 11:30 usually. He's not sleeping thru the night yet, although he's done it a few times a few weeks back, but he has an ear infection and he seems to wake when the tylenol wears off around 3:30, 4, then back to bed after a bottle.
  • We start bedtime between 7:15 and 7:45. His feeding schedule is a little wonky thanks to daycare and a long drive home, so he usually doesn't need a bottle before bed. When I sense he's getting sleepy, I change him into his sleep suit, we read a few books while he drifts off to sleep in my arms and then I turn the light out and let him really zonk out for 15 minutes or so before I move him to his crib. I'm usually out of his room by 7:45 to 8:15.