April 2016 Moms

PSA: Chicco Nextfit on clearance at Target

AEG84AEG84 member
edited December 2015 in April 2016 Moms
Hey all, wanted to share a deal I came across on facebook. Some Targets are clearancing their Chicco Nextfit seats for as low as $140 compared to full price of $299. You can check the Target stores near you using fyndly. You will need the DPCI of the item - for the light purple nextfit it's 030-09-3611; for the gray it's 030-09-2481 (I believe those are the only colors carried in-store). Once you put in the DPCI and your zip code, it will pull up a list showing # in stock and current price, like the attached pic.

You can use this for anything at target, by the way :)

Re: PSA: Chicco Nextfit on clearance at Target

• Oops, the screenshot didn't attach!
  • Looks like they're still regular price in my area.

Question regarding this model and similar. What is with the reclining seats? That doesn't see safe to me but obviously it's ok if they're meeting safelty standards.
  • Loading the player...
  • @yodiggity, do you mean why are there different recline settings? This seat and similar seats are suitable to use from birth. When used for an infant, they typically need to be on the maximum recline setting to avoid airway obstruction/positional asphyxiation in the baby (since the baby doesn't yet have head control). As the baby gains head control, the seat can be used in a less-reclined position so that it takes up less room front to back. Generally when the seat is used front-facing (so, after age 2 at a minimum), you cannot recline the seat, although that depends on the specific seat.
  • AEG84  Yes! Thank you. That makes sense.
  • Wooo looks like there's one for 89.98 by me. Hopefully it's still there!
  • Well the one for 90 was a display model which was laying on the floor when I got there :( but they did have another one for 150 so thanks for the tip @AEG84
  • Well the one for 90 was a display model which was laying on the floor when I got there :( but they did have another one for 150 so thanks for the tip @AEG84
    Yikes! Glad you passed on that one - display models are never recommended even when they appear to be in good shape. I haven't found a purple one yet, but picked up a gray one for my new boss (brownie points!) over my lunch break. Hoping DH will have better luck this afternoon!
  • So Im predominantly just a lurker on this birth month board... but I just had to pop in to say THANK YOU! Thanks to you, I FINALLY got the first of many things I need for this little leech (please dont judge me for calling her that. My first trimester was absolute HELL with her and since, that has become more of an odd term of endearment). Anyway, I ran up to the closest Target, which was a calculated risk considering I live in Baltimore and its in the shopping center where a lot of the riots started back in April. And with the mistrial today, I wasn't too sure what the streets were going to be like tonight. But thank goodness, everything was nice and quiet, and they had several in stock at the clearance price!!! Would have preferred to get the purple which they were out of stock on, but at that price, I just couldn't pass up the grey that they had several of. So again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :)
  • While I'm here talking about this convertible car seat (and correct me if this is better suited for a topic of its own), while I was in Target picking this sucker up, it occurred to me that such a large perk of this car seat is the varying weight capacities from 5-65lbs. While that's all good and fine, Im a FTM left here wondering what to do for a carrier. Do you buy yet another carrying car seat for the earlier months? Or are there other options out there besides wearing your baby, which is all I can think of? Just wondering if there are any STMs out there who have started off with the convertible seat and had good experiences transporting baby from house to car, out and about shopping or running errands but not used a standard carrying car seat to do so. I feel like I might just be over thinking this and just sleepy!
  • While I'm here talking about this convertible car seat (and correct me if this is better suited for a topic of its own), while I was in Target picking this sucker up, it occurred to me that such a large perk of this car seat is the varying weight capacities from 5-65lbs. While that's all good and fine, Im a FTM left here wondering what to do for a carrier. Do you buy yet another carrying car seat for the earlier months? Or are there other options out there besides wearing your baby, which is all I can think of? Just wondering if there are any STMs out there who have started off with the convertible seat and had good experiences transporting baby from house to car, out and about shopping or running errands but not used a standard carrying car seat to do so. I feel like I might just be over thinking this and just sleepy!

I'm a FTM too, but decided on a travel system. It has a stroller, carrying car seat, and a car seat base that all came together. Once my little nugget outgrows the carrying car seat I'll be buying a convertable one.
  • @shtjustgotreal I still think that a carrier style car seat is so worthwhile in the first few months, assuming that you intend to be out/about fairly often. I never felt like it was a waste financially for us. The Chicco seat is still a great deal for when it's time to transition and it will last you for a long time.
  • @AEG84, it looks like Tempe Marketplace has purple for $139. If there's a location far from you (but near me) I don't mind checking on Friday for you (I don't work) and I can grab it and we can figure out the exchange of $ and goods :) Send me a message if I can help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @AK118, that's where I went on my lunch break yesterday! (Yeah, it was a hike.) They must have sold them - sometimes it takes their inventory a while to update. But DH found one at another store yesterday, so we're good :) Thank you so much though!

@shtjustgotreal, I don't plan to use an infant carrier, for a few reasons. First is cost - we'd have to buy two of them (one for my car and one for DH), on top of the two convertible seats. Second is fear of inappropriate use - it's NOT safe to have baby sleep in the carseat outside of the car, with the possible exception of in the stroller (although even that is not recommended). I see SO many parents letting their baby sleep in the seat in restaurants, at their house, in the shopping cart, etc. The reason it's not safe is the positional asphyxiation I noted above - if they are not at the right recline, they can suffocate. I trust myself, but wouldn't necessarily trust family or daycare, so I'd rather not take the chance. I have a stroller that can recline fully and be used with an infant insert from birth, and other than that I plan to wear baby in a carrier.
  • @AEG84 thanks! That's exactly what I was wanting to know. I know what you mean about letting baby sleep in the car seat. It's always been commonplace in my family but I wasn't aware of the safety factors that go along with that.
  • @AEG84 Thank you soooo much! I definitely scoured the area and got one!
  • yodiggityyodiggity member
    edited December 2015
    In the spirit of Target savings. There is an offer on Cartwheel today for 40% off the Cosco Ikat Dots series. That makes the Pack n play $30 and the travel system $84. 

ETA: Actually based on the link above, my Target has the P&P for $42.48 and with the 40% cartwheel it would be only $25! I'm going to pick one up for my parent's house. And the travel system at my Target is $97.98, with the 40% off it would be $59! 
  • Extra 5% off with Target RedCard
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yodiggityyodiggity member
    edited December 2015
    There is also an Ergo Carrier cartwheel. It's for a specific one the Carrier ErgoBaby Performance

My local store has it for $69.98 and with the Cartwheel offer it would only be $49

• For us we used the infant seat from the travel system in my car and the convertible seat in DH's car.  He really only traveled with her to drop her off at Daycare for awhile.  If we took DH's car somewhere I would wear her.  This time we'll probably use the infant seat in both cars.
  • @allaire314, was it you that bought the BOB at Target around Thanksgiving? I don't remember exactly what you paid, but most local Targets now have them for $240 and one has them for $200. (I'm waiting and watching to see if they get further marked down in January.) Just wanted to let you know in case you can get a better deal! DPCI is 030-09-0840 if you want to check fyndly for stock nearby.

• yodiggity said:

There is also an Ergo Carrier cartwheel. It's for a specific one the Carrier ErgoBaby Performance

My local store has it for $69.98 and with the Cartwheel offer it would only be $49

If I knew anybody having their first baby right now I would totally get this as a shower gift. I paid full price for mine and it has been so worth it.
    kids with flags
  • allaire314allaire314 member
    edited December 2015
    @AEG84  Ahh! I should have waited, ha ha! It's still in the box... I wonder if it's too late to return?!?!

ETA: What an amazing site by the way!! Thanks so much!!
  • @allaire314I'm sure you could still return it! I think their return window is at least 30 days, if not longer.

And yeah, slightly obsessed with that site. I *almost* wish my baby shower was done so I could start hunting for deals on whatever we don't get that we still need/want, LOL.
  • AEG84 said:
    @allaire314I'm sure you could still return it! I think their return window is at least 30 days, if not longer.

And yeah, slightly obsessed with that site. I *almost* wish my baby shower was done so I could start hunting for deals on whatever we don't get that we still need/want, LOL.
    Ha ha I might need a tutorial on this site - how do you just search for deals around?! Already called Target and I'm changing out the stroller and saving $94!! Heyo!!
  • AEG84 said:
    @allaire314I'm sure you could still return it! I think their return window is at least 30 days, if not longer.

Ha ha I might need a tutorial on this site - how do you just search for deals around?! Already called Target and I'm changing out the stroller and saving $94!! Heyo!!
    That's the challenging part - you can't really just browse for deals. You have to search by item, which can be more time consuming. Most of the killer deals I've found have been thanks to the stroller group I'm part of on facebook - a lot of the members are SAHMs and spend a lot of time in target (and other stores), and will post any good deals they find.
  • @AEG84 well now I know what I'm doing at work this week and next... it's like a ghost town here, ha ha! DH was about to shit a blue bean last night... made him drive 30 min to go to the Target that had the cheaper stroller... we get there and the tag say $279.98!! AHHH... was supposed to be $195.98. He looked sooo mad! Ha ha, but we checked it on the scanner, and sure enough! PHEW! So glad that worked out! 
  • Hahahaha mine would do the same! I'm glad it worked out!
  • You can actually just browse all of their current deals... no way that I see of refining your search to just baby gear... but if you go to fyndly, on the top left there should be a drop down menu where it says target which allows you to choose online deals, in store deals, or search by the DPCI which is the inventory checker. You can get the DPCI to search your local Target inventories and their current prices once you click on each sale item of interest from the store deals section of the drop down menu. Mind you the clickable link from there will take you to the target site which will give you full price. But the DPCI is listed there so you can go back to fyndly, do the inventory search based off that number, and find which local Target carries the best deal on that item. Happy hunting!