September 2015 Moms
Options

Irish twin scare, anyone??

So I got drunk for first time about 8 weeks pp and I guess the liquid courage to finally Have sex. Apparently I drunkenly told my husband not to worry about the condom or to "take it off " only 2 wks on birth control (and honestly had missed a few). Felt a little "off" around the week of Thanksgiving and family started joking about me being pregnant again. It was a little early but I took a pregnancy test. Came out negative but I swear my "period" is just like when I got pregnant with my first, very light dark spotting. Not sure if that's just normal after having a baby but As soon as I'm able to get outta the house I guess I'll go get another test!! Anyone else going through this??!?

OH and to top it off we saw this family with Irish twins in Home Depot on Saturday. Coincidence?!?? Haha

Re: Irish twin scare, anyone??

• Options
    Hell no! We have three kids and we are doubling up on birth control until my husband can get in for a vasectomy. Good luck to you mama!
  • Options
    My DH wishes I was pregnant right now! But I do 99% of the childcare so of course he would want that! I said if I got pregnant when you want me to, our kids would be in the SAME GRADE in school. LOL Umm, no thanks. I'm not that brave. PLUS I am an Irish twin. We fought like cats and dogs. I blame it on being too much in each other business with dances, friends, parties, clothes/shoes and both being girls. It was awful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YES! and I'm so not happy about it! I don't want back to back kids at all and I'm panicking a little bit. My husband wants me to be but I want to wait a LEAST a year and a half to start trying. I had a csection so I'm not even supposed to be pregnant yet and if my period doesn't show up somebody's gonna have to deal with my wrath lol
    I can't use hormonal birth control so we're stuck with condoms but it came off inside me a few weeks ago and I died a little inside. I'm hungry and a bottomless pit at all times, exhausted and moody so they better be period symptoms but I just have this gut feeling they're not
  • Options
    First of all LOL is that what they're called?? And no... and I'm scaring myself because I caught myself thinking about it a few times. You know-just get it over with since we want two... good luck to all of you ladies! Keep us upfated before you move to September 2016 club! Joking! :wink:
  • Options
    cutemomblogcutemomblog member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah basically going through all these feelings!! Husband too. He's like is it weird I was disappointed when the test came back negative?

If it happens it happens. We will deal but decided to wait to take test when hubs is back from traveling tomorrow. Cause I just might faint! And one more night For an ignorance is bliss glass of wine isn't so bad either. ;)

Let's keep each other posted!!
  • Options
    Yep! I was prescribed the mini pill which I've never taken before because I wasn't able to breast feed with my first. I think my OB just forgot I haven't had it, and pharmacist assumed I had used it before and neither told me there's no periods on the one I'm taking! So after my period being a week and half late and then a negative test I made an appointment with my family doctor who found the whole situation hilarious , as did I once I knew what was going on!
    Kinda can't wait for hubby to get his vasectomy referral so I don't have to worry lol
  • Options
    My hubby would definitely love that! I've been super paranoid about it though so I've made sure to take my birth control at the same time every day and I still make DH use a condom. I told him we're waiting at least two years to have our second child! We're young (I'm 24 and he's 23). So we have plenty of time! I almost cried happy tears when I got my first PP period, although the cramps were killerrr.
    Good luck though! Keep us posted
  • Options
    Ugh yes I am a paranoid person anyway, so this no period still has me slightly worried. It would be the miracle child though as I am still breastfeeding frequently and we are very careful with protection. Even still, it would be my luck to get pregnant....
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! I exclusively breastfed and I know that can cause the cycle to be delayed. One weekend our entire house got hit with a stomach virus and I handed over the baby to my husband and had him feed her stash milk since I didn't have the strength to nurse or pump. That Saturday and Sunday I felt period cramps and on Monday I had a period... At least I think that's what it was. It lasted all of a day. My husband slipped up and doesn't think he pulled out in time so now I'm a nervous wreck.
    I know exclusively breastfeeding is suppose to act as a birth cont
  • Options

Glad I'm not the only one! I exclusively breastfed and I know that can cause the cycle to be delayed. One weekend our entire house got hit with a stomach virus and I handed over the baby to my husband and had him feed her stash milk since I didn't have the strength to nurse or pump. That Saturday and Sunday I felt period cramps and on Monday I had a period... At least I think that's what it was. It lasted all of a day. My husband slipped up and doesn't think he pulled out in time so now I'm a nervous wreck.
    I know exclusively breastfeeding is suppose to act as a birth cont

Breastfeeding does not act as birth control!! Lots of ppl like to think that.
  • Options
    Be SUPER careful with using breast feeding as birth control...it CAN work, but is super super risky. I have many friends with Irish Twins as a result! None of them had a period before conceiving and they all thought they were in the clear because they were breastfeeding - found out when they were about three months along that a baby was on the way!
  • Options
    We would be thrilled with Irish twins. I'm not officially trying just in the whatever happens, happens stage. I'm just waiting for my period my first full cycle was only 21 days and now I'm on day 24. Took a cheap Walmart test yesterday and it was negative. I hate the waiting game!