1st Trimester
Options

Slow rising hcg

Hi ladies, my levels have not been doubling. I am 5+2 today. My first beta was 45, two days later it was 60, two days later it was 87 and then three days later is was 209. My doubling times have been 115 hours, then 89 hours and then 59 hours. My doctor has told me to expect either an ectopic (this would be my third and I'd lose my remaining tube) or a miscarriage (this would be my second). Any success stories or just similar stories? Thanks

Re: Slow rising hcg

• Options
    Well... they like the numbers to double every 48 to 72 hours... don't give up hope just yet. You are in that window
  • Options
    I don't have any similar stories but sending good thoughts and prayers your way
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for responding guys. Just had blood drawn again so we will see
  • Options
    aslhjsd said:
    Hi ladies, my levels have not been doubling. I am 5+2 today. My first beta was 45, two days later it was 60, two days later it was 87 and then three days later is was 209. My doubling times have been 115 hours, then 89 hours and then 59 hours. My doctor has told me to expect either an ectopic (this would be my third and I'd lose my remaining tube) or a miscarriage (this would be my second). Any success stories or just similar stories? Thanks
    Slow doesn't always mean doom and gloom. Baby could just be a slow growth curve. Wishing you the best. Its not over until its over. I have all things crossed for you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    My levels increased, but didn't double. My first scan at 5-3 showed a small sac and they told me the combination of the numbers and small measurements meant there was a good chance I didn't have a viable pregnancy. My scan today at 6-4 showed a heartbeat. ;) They are cautiously optimistic. Hang in there. It helped me to be prepared for all possible outcomes.
  • Options
    I don't have any insight to share but wanted to send well wishes your way!
  • Options
    How is everything going?
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm currently going through this, I just found out two weeks ago I am pregnant. All last week I did blood every 48 hours it doubled on some more than doubled on one and then only went up by 42% on my last one.
    I had to deal with a sub OB as mine was out of town and from one test she was horribly negative. =(
    I feel great other than morning sickness ,and go back for another ultrasound next week. Trying to remain optomistict =)
  • Options
    I went through this. I was spotting, and got an hcg blood test at 6 weeks 2 days and 6 weeks 4 days. The doubling rate was 8 days! (It should have been 2-3.) My next blood test also showed a doubling rate of 8 days. The OB said it could be normal, an impending miscarriage, or that the baby has a chromosome issue. I'm now 15 weeks, measuring fine, ultrasounds look great, and Harmony blood test didn't find any problems. I'm not sure how rare my case is, just thought I'd share.