July 2016 Moms

There's no way I can really be feeling baby, right?

I'm nearly 12 weeks pregnant with my second child. I didn't feel my daughter move until I was 19 weeks due to an anterior placenta. But this time around, I swear I'm feeling baby roll a few times a day the past few days. They aren't kicks; it feels how it felt when my daughter would flip or push her back against my stomach. Is this even possible? 

I know I'm going to get a few eye rolls for this but I'll manage. ;)

Re: There's no way I can really be feeling baby, right?

• Nope sorry upset stomachs are very common though in first tri I thought I felt something as well but it was gas :)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• You know your body! Baby is only an inch or two but who knows.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure, but I know when I feel it again I will know. Woohoo!
  • I'm going to say it's probably gas. Only because I had phantom kicks (aka gas) from after my first was born to now. I never had them before I was pregnant with #1. I've even taken pregnancy test because they felt so real, but who knows.
  • CallWoolCallWool member
    edited December 2015
    There is a definite difference between gas and baby flutters.  I felt the baby at 10 weeks and I talked to my Doctor about it.  It comes down to everyone being different.  It really depends on how sensitive your body is and aware you are of what is happening inside.  Congratulations on what could be your first baby flutters!
  • Based on my own experience, it is possible. With my second, I felt it around 11 weeks (first was 16 wks). I have a slender build which my dr said was a contributing factor and also the position of the placenta.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I once read it explained like this...imagine a strawberry (or whatever fruit your baby is this week) inside a water balloon. It's pretty unlikely anybody would be able to feel movement this soon.
  • may be flame worthy, but it's your body and I'm not gonna sit here and say it's completely impossible...I say enjoy it, even if it is just gas :)
  • Probably not, but if it gives you warm fuzzies who cares.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • I agree with others I shouldnt have said its impossible I just know mine wasn't flutters. enjoy it if it makes you smile!

• vtulchvtulch member
    edited December 2015

You know best. If you think you're feeling your baby move, nobody can tell you otherwise so enjoy it :)

Just something off of WebMD which I agree with 100%:

It's possible, but not common.

This is a good time to revisit the difference between normal and average. Picture a nice bell-shaped curve and remember that for a given characteristic the normal range is larger than the average range, or peak. People talk in averages because they're most common. But just because something isn't average, doesn't necessarily mean it's abnormal or impossible.

Back to your friend. When a pregnant woman is likely to first feel her baby move, called quickening, depends on several things.

"Most of the time, if it's her first baby, it's around 20 weeks that they'll feel little flutters," says certified nurse-midwife Marion McCartney, who practiced for 24 years before becoming director of professional services for the American College of Nurse-Midwives. In subsequent pregnancies women notice quickening sooner, around 16 weeks, she says. Thinner women also tend to feel quickening sooner.

"She may be a couple weeks off on her dates, too," McCartney says.

If your friend is thin, extra perceptive, on a second or higher
     pregnancy, a bit off in her timing, or carrying a rambunctious baby, she may well be feeling those flutters. And who are any of the rest of us to tell her she's not?fetus is still pretty small at three months -- it's about four inches and weighs just over an ounce. It's bigger and increasingly active by the end of the fourth month. But occasionally women feel movement as early as 12 weeks.

• vtulchvtulch member
    edited December 2015
    @BostonBaby1 Where did you see me say that this is a reliable source? This is just something I agree with. Who are you to tell someone what they are or aren't feeling - even a Doctor can't do that. Just because something is unlikely doesn't mean it's impossible.
  • vtulchvtulch member
    edited December 2015
    @BostonBaby1 Where did you see me say that this is a reliable source? This is just something I agree with. Who are you to tell someone what they are or aren't feeling - even a Doctor can't do that.
    Why would you quote a source that you don't believe to be reliable? Oh and also, please don't put words in my mouth. I absolutely did not say that the OP is not feeling that. Go through what I wrote again. You will see that I said that it's possible but not probable. If you want to quote me and say that I said something, please go through and use the quote function.

@BostonBaby1 If you don't disagree with me what are you even arguing about. Do you consider yourself a reliable source? No, I don't think so. I'm quoting what is a "notoriously unreliable" site according to you because I happen to agree with them on this subject. Am I a reliable source? No. But I also can't tell someone what she is or is not feeling - nobody can. I'm pretty much done on this subject I see no point in arguing any further. 

@feenstas Whatever it is you're feeling, enjoy it!

• MrsRo731 said:

I really love the way this thread has gone in the past hour or so

I had to double-check which app I was on at first!
  • this conversation got me like

baroo?

• @PinkLady2015 I think you win today with your gifs here and on the other threads. :-)
  • @soberkfell I'm such a gif whore :)
  • So you guys are really talking to each other like this? This is real life? Do you work to make other people feel bad about themselves or is it just like a natural personality trait? Are you all like 20 years old or something?

Are you really posting a post trying to make others feel bad while saying it's wrong for them to "make others feel bad"? The logic here is very flawed.

• Lurking from May 16- so I started feeing what could've been movements at about 13 weeks.. It felt like little tiny flutters... However, the sensation I was feeling totally could have been due to increased blood flow and the feeling of my uterus expanding. So, while I think it's possible to be feeling new sensations at 11 weeks-- I would also say it is most likely not movements yet. Soon though!
  • vtulchvtulch member
    edited December 2015
    Oh my goodness this thread is still going...
    @ButterMyBiscuit enter your "beating a dead horse" gif here. 
  • So you guys are really talking to each other like this? This is real life? Do you work to make other people feel bad about themselves or is it just like a natural personality trait? Are you all like 20 years old or something?
    The internet brings out the worst in many people. It's fascinating, isn't it? 
  • vtulch said:
    Oh my goodness this thread is still going...
    @ButterMyBiscuit enter your "beating a dead horse" gif here. 
    Someone decided to revive it. Yaaaaaaay. 

is this real life david after dentist
    ps. I could do this all day :)

Why is 20 years old said like it's a bad thing? 20 should be considered a responsible adult. My 20 year old self (yeah its been a few years,so?) was a badass. 20 does not equal an immature meany head (which is what you seem to have been going for.....?)
    Maybe try again to insult these lovely ladies, because that was a fail.