Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4 month old fighting sleep like Freddy Kruger is after him

It's almost midnight and I just need to vent. Major sleep regression going on and I'm almost certain teething. Officially quit breastfeeding today after both nipples got CHOMPED on. Pretty sure there's a front upper tooth on its way down. I'm between a rock and a hard place because I could nurse him to sleep quicker but every session lately has ended in a bite and I'm just done. Never wanted to Co sleep and really can not because I work 3 nights a week and can't have him depending on sleeping with me although his best naps are on my chest. Got Ferber's book and started reading it but had a headache all day and didn't get very far. Had him sound asleep 20min then my friend who always sends 3 short text instead of 1 long 1 replied to my earlier text and here I am. We are definitely in the 4 month sleep regression period. He's hitting his milestones so I know I should just be happy. I feel sad about the end of breastfeeding, on top of that I can't pump much so it's going to be mostly formula which is fine and I'll probably just wean completely. I've seen other threads on this and I really don't have any advice because I'm a ftm and just getting here myself. I'm not ready to put him in his own room yet (SIDS anxiety) and I'm alone because my husband also works nights. I'm really not a whiner just had to get everything off my chest, I guess it's just a lot at once. Sleep deprived moms out there you're not alone!

Re: 4 month old fighting sleep like Freddy Kruger is after him

• That sounds very challenging! Hang in there. This will pass.
  • I'm sorry dude. I did laugh about the multiple text thing because I have a friend that does the same thing. She's the reason my phone is always on vibrate.

I know you are just venting and I'm sorry your night was so rough :( However, I would suggest putting him in his own room now that you aren't BF'ing anymore. I think that will help. What does he sleep in now? He's not swaddled anymore right? This definitely could be the 4 month wakeful and/or teething but there are some things you can be doing now to help get through this.

• Loading the player...
  • It's ok I laughed today when I read my post again. He did end up sleeping from midnight to almost 5am when my husband came home from work and got out of his uniform (police uniform has lots of velcro) I nearly murdered him for that. So it wasn't a bad night just up late. Baby is a lot more sensitive to noise than he was before. He's in a graco dreamglider which is similar to RnP but bigger and has flat surface so he can move around and it glides automatically and has 15mins timer. He hasn't been swaddled at all in over a month because he wanted out of it. He still depends on motion to fall asleep, that's kinda the only newborn thing left. I'm thinking I might move the dreamglider into his room 1st then crib transitioning? I did start putting him in the crib just to make it familiar while hang out in his room with him. I definitely need the mesh liner he is all over the place.
  • I have to say I got a laugh out of this too. If my dh takes his vest off one more f'ing time in our room while DD is sleeping I might pistol whip him. Midnights suck. Being home alone all night with the baby sucks. I feel your pain. My lo just did the same thing (minus teething). Sleep regression is no joke. Hope it's quick for you!!
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long