Military Families

Long shot-great lakes anyone?

My husband is separating from the army in February, so we will be moving back home. We will have tricare still and I'm thinking the navy hospital will be an option. Anyone delivered there?

Teagan-11/22/10
Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.

Re: Long shot-great lakes anyone?

• Hi there! I'm at Great Lakes, just got here a little over a week ago actually. I don't know too much about the hospital here, as a new dependent I'm automatically enrolled in Standard and I'm going to a birthing center. There are no OB's listed at the federal health center here so I'm thinking that you would need to go off post for delivery.
  • Thanks! I know they have great pediatric Dr's and pcms there. I guess their set up makes sense they don't have l&d. Looks like I'll be sticking to my standard and having the baby closer to home.

Teagan-11/22/10
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
  • Loading the player...
  • Will you be in Chicago? I ended up delivering at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park (Chicago suburbs). I had a really great experience there.
  • Ancheta3 said:

Will you be in Chicago? I ended up delivering at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park (Chicago suburbs). I had a really great experience there.

We will be in the arlington heights area!

Teagan-11/22/10
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund