Breastfeeding

Dumb Question Thread

I thought we could maybe have a thread where FTMs and the like ask stupid or silly BF questions, with no judgement! That way we don't have to have a bunch of little threads, because I know I have a few dumb questions...
Baby number 1 on the way!

Re: Dumb Question Thread

• Is it safe to dye your hair while BFing? I'm pretty sure it is, but I'm just checking
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • Is it safe to dye your hair while BFing? I'm pretty sure it is, but I'm just checking

Yes! Just got mine done today
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Loading the player...
  • It's not a dumb question. I looked it up myself before I dyed mine. I didn't color treat while pregnant so I had a ton of greys. I was on some LC website and it basically said not much gets absorbed through your head and very small amount can get into milk but nothing harmful.
  • I have a question. How do you EBF but also pump to have a small stash for when baby gets babysat for a date night or daddy wants to feed a bottle?
    I'm a nanny and baby will come with me to work so I don't need to pump a large amount. Just enough to have some on hand. I've heard it can mess with your supply though. Any tips/suggestions?
  • @dtaded13 I also only need a small stash for the random bottle that DH feeds and for the grandparents on the rare occasion I can get some mommy alone time. I have found that since I'm usually pretty full in the morning, if I pump right after her first morning feed I can usually get about 4oz which is the perfect amount for one bottle. Just pumping that one time a day I've managed to start a pretty good freezer stash.
  • Keep in mind you can combine cold milk. Say you only pump 2oz 1 day you can freeze it that day, the next day pump 2 Oz refrigerate it for an hour then pour it in frozen bag and freeze. You can make a 4oz bottle every 2 days for example.
  • @LaTeteRouge good idea. I'll try that. Granted, I have to be to work by 7 and I'll be going back at 4 weeks postpartum, not sure if I want to take my pump everyday in addition to all the other bags ;) maybe baby will eat early lol.

@NurseRieger good to know, I didn't know that.
  • krissyberbkrissyberb member
    edited December 2015
    @dtaded13. Remember to pump if you take milk from the freezer stash later on. Though usually when I'm in that situation I'm engorged and wouldn't forget :wink: