September 2015 Moms
Options

Pack N Play Bassinet Weight Limits: Have You Moved Your Baby to Lower Level Yet?

Our 15-week-old sleeps in the pack n play bassinet (higher level) next to our bed and I would like to keep him in it until he's 6 months old and moves to his crib in the nursery (he sleeps there for naps now).

I know the pack n play instructions say the weight limit is 15 lbs. My LO is almost 17 lbs now. Do I need to move him to the lower level now, or would I be able to get away with keeping him there for another month or two? I don't mind moving him down, but it will be a lot harder to place him in there sleeping and not wake him up in the process, so if I can keep him on the upper level for longer it would be easier. I know once he starts pulling himself up or sitting he'll need to move to the lower level.

Thoughts? What have you done?

Re: Pack N Play Bassinet Weight Limits: Have You Moved Your Baby to Lower Level Yet?

• Options
    Following. I'd like to know too. He's not easy to set down on the upper level so I can't imagine having to place down lower...
  • Options
    I'm in the same vote!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first DD I didn't realize I had to move it lower until well after she was 15 lbs. Blame it on mommy brain but i was waiting until she could sit up. Anyway all was fine but now that I know the weight limit I probably would lower it sooner.
  • Options
    Mine has a second stage a bit lower that goes up to 20lbs. But she's only 12.5lbs, so I have some time still :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly had no idea that the bassinet was the top part. I always thought that bassinet meant the newborn napper. LO only naps in it during the day and its still quite sterdy. He's nearing the 15 lb mark. I'll probably move it down after his 4 month appointment when I confirm his weight.
  • Options
    I thought that top additional piece was the bassinet too!! It's not?? Good grief!! We rarely use it at all but now I need to find the manual.
  • Options
    We moved him down a few weeks ago. We've got a chubby little man who was 15 lbs at his 2 month check up. On the plus side, getting him in and out is a great work out ;)
  • Options
    We took our pack n play with the bassinet to my mom's house. We set up the basic one that's at the bottom and I was dreading using it. It actually wasn't nearly as difficult to put her down as I thought.
  • Options
    So are you moms no longer using the newborn top half next to the changing table half? I'm trying to understand if you mean you have LO in that or in the full top mattress part vs. the full bottom mattress part.
  • Options

So are you moms no longer using the newborn top half next to the changing table half? I'm trying to understand if you mean you have LO in that or in the full top mattress part vs. the full bottom mattress part.

I'm referring to the full top mattress part (mine didn't come with the little "napper").