Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday

Re: WTO Tuesday

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: still PNV, temping, trying to remember to check CM (but failing mostly).  Resisting the urge to start peeing on OPKs before CD17.  

R/R/CS: Still sick, temps still a bit wonky.  

GTKY: My parents were really very difficult on me and always pushing me too hard.  They're both competitive, and they were about me with sports and academics as well.  I remember one time bringing home a math test that I got 100% on and my dad being upset with me because there was extra credit, so I should have gotten more than 100%.  Ugh.  I'd like to find a way to encourage my kids but not put so much pressure on them!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Month/Cycle: 2/?

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU:  Just finished my last day of clomid yesterday.  Now we wait.  The doctor said I will most likely ovulate in 6-12 days.  We will have sex EOD starting this week.  I will also be drinking a TON of water and taking robitussin to help with CM. 

R/R/CS:   This WTO period has been WAY worse than any TWW that I have ever had. Ugh, time stands still.....

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?  Feed my kids more healthy/organic food.  We did a lot of processed crap, frozen meals...that type of thing when I was little. I would like for my kids to eat healthier than I did growing up, and appreciate a healthy lifestyle.  
    TTC #2- November 2015

• Loading the player...
  • @FerdieFox, I'm sorry you had to deal with that too. That's so screwed up. It's such a male dominated society, no matter if you are an active duty female or a civilian, they treat women like second class compared to the guys. I have seriously thought long and hard about writing a book about my military experiences and ripping into things like that (not that anyone would read it). Also had a Chaplain blame me for my friend's suicide because he was at my house a few hours before it happened. It was my fault and he listed all the reasons why... Ugh.
    Sorry you had to go through all of that.
  • Month/Cycle: 16/15

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Femara, cycle monitoring, trigger shot, IUI  

R/R/CS: I'm good today : ) 

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you? I like this question! I am going to try to set healthier eating habits. 
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • LakeR2014LakeR2014 member
    edited December 2015
    @dieforelle and @novasaysno - I'm heartsick by your stories of abuse in the military.  As someone from the outside, you're briefly aware of it, but never fully comprehend the damage it does and how utterly atrocious those who are supposed to be there to help, are at actually helping.   I'm glad to hear you're healing @dieforelle and wish you the best, @novasaysno, in continuing to get there.  As horrible as it is, I'm glad you were able to connect here and hope the FB group will continue to help you both.    As always, I'm sure I speak for a lot of ladies here, we're there for you both if/when needed.   :)

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: temping, FF, CM BD

R/R/CS:  Had a great holiday party last night that left us exhausted.   FF says this is our FW but I still think that's closer to CD25, but so we don't chance it we'll be getting back at it tonight. ;)

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?   I was spoiled and my parents were awesome.   They were open about everything in our house and we discussed, argued, and talked about it all.  Probably the only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be trying to give equal boundaries to our kids if we have a boy and a girl.   AKA when I was younger my brother could do things or go places at the same age as I by himself, but because I was a 'girl' it was unsafe and therefore I couldn't do the same things until 3-4 years later. 

• Thank you @LakeR2014. Usually I'm not such a downer, but it's been a trying few weeks. I thank you and everyone for all the support, it does mean a lot. :)
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1 (3 cycles NTNP)

CD: 19 (screw you, long cycles)

WAYDTGKU: PNV, sex EOD, temping, OPKs.

R/R/CS: Can I just O already?

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you? I like this question! I never learned to cook until I was like 22, so I want to start that early.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

WAYDTGKU: All the things.

R/R/CS: I should probably cut down on caffeine but I don't want to. I really really don't want to.

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?

As a preface, I don't blame my parents for any of the things I am about to list. They have both done their best with what very little they had, and they are both good people (separately). That said, my childhood sucked. I'm still working through it, but here are the things I would want for my kids that I didn't have:

- A safe, functional relationship model, and a real sense of family.
    - Never having to worry about being hungry, or losing their place of residence.
    - Never being thrust into a parental role at a young age, or having to sacrifice school to help support the family. My kids will get to be kids. This is important.
    - Never having to go without dental care, or needed medication.
    - Access to higher education, and support throughout.
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

WAYDTGKU: Templing, BD EOD, OPKs, CM

R/R/CS: I have been exhausted for some reason.  I usually wake up at 4am and work out each morning--I literally could not get out of bed this morning!  It looks like I will be working out after work today!  uhhh!! 

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?  At this time, I can't think of anything--when I have children, I'm sure things will pop up in my head of things I would do differently than my parents, but right now, I can't think of anything--I have been thinking about this question since it was posted and I still can't come up with an answer!  
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • dieforelledieforelle member
    edited December 2015
    @LakeR2014

Thank you so much for your kindness. I feel like it's hard for civilians to see into that world because it's just not something we make a movie about. Roadside bombs and special operations are the entertaining stuff, but the real stories of us individuals are much less marketable and filled with valor. 

This whole TTC journey, for me is really intertwined with my journey as a woman and a survivor, so it can be difficult to separate the two for the sake of this board/group. But I'm really happy to be here and I'm just very happy about the whole process and how healing it can be. It's wonderful to have something wonderful like this with my husband. 
  • @BerkeBaby - Of course you can share!  Happy to help, this is why I love TB! :)  We all get to learn from eathother's experiences!

My Chart

ME: 28  |  DH: 31
    DATING SINCE: 09/20/08
    MARRIED: 10/26/15
    TTC #1 SINCE: OCT/NOV 2015

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2 (boooo)

WAYDTGKU: Just temping and PNV until AF leaves.

R/R/CS: My car battery died on Saturday, got a new one, and my battery died again this morning. So now we're thinking it's the alternator. Yaaay

GTKY: My parents are amazing, but they kind of babied me too much. Like, I never had chores or learned how to cook, It's really backfiring now that I'm an adult and have to do things like keep a clean house and manage to feed myself nutritional meals.
    Also, my mom tried really hard to force me into being girly and preppy (like she was), to the point where she would hide or throw away any black t-shirts I bought. My kids will be able to dress however the hell they want.
    TTGP February Sig Challenge- Valentine's Day Fail:

Me: 25 - DH: 30
    Dating: 5/9/2010
    Married: 5/9/2015
    TTC #1: October 2015

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: NTNP this cycle but still charting.

R/R/CS: So I just finished my antibiotics a couple days ago and I should* be in the middle of my FW. However my CM has been pretty much been dry. I had a very small amount yesterday and today. From what I looked up there shouldn't be a connection between antibiotics and dried up CM but who knows.

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?
    Say I love you more and show love more. We never said I love you on the phone or anything, it was sort of just implied and known. I had a talk with my cousin over Thanksgiving and she opened my eyes to where my mom gets the less emotional aspect from.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @LittleMissTimeLord, thank you and I think I might. I started to awhile back, but it was so hard to put so many things into words. It does help a lot though. I think I'll pick it up again. Thank you for the encouragement. :)

@MrsDho11, I have to second what @LadyR2014 said. You are so kind and it is much appreciated. Many hugs sent back your way!
  • LakeR2014 said:
    @MrsDho11  I know others have said it - but I never have.  I love that you read and respond to each posting individually!  I love knowing that someone reads it and then takes the time to respond.   Here's hoping that if we're both blessed with one of each that we can treat them as equals in what they can and cannot do at their various age groups. :)
    You (and everyone else) are very welcome.  I'm always a little concerned that people will find it annoying (ah, social anxieties), so it's nice to hear it hasn't gotten too annoying yet!  :)  Hopefully someone will let me know when it does!

• @MrsDho11 - I have a lot of health issues that I haven't mentioned on any of the threads. I don't mind sharing some things, but a lot of that has to stay between me and my doctor. With my family history and my personal history, we both think it's best to get me some extra help. That whole "it takes a healthy couple up to a year to conceive" doesn't really count with my history. :( 
  • @NovaSaysNo and @dieforelle - I'm simultaneously so sorry for all you've been through and happy that you are now in a better place.  Thank you for sharing.  As someone who lurked for months on this site, I'm guessing there are a lot more silent readers out there than we might think.  You never know who may connect with your story, learn from you, or simply be comforted by not feeling alone. 

Month/Cycle: 4

WAYDTGKU: All the things

R/R/CS: Was feeling funky the last couple days.  It has finally passed!

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?

I hope to be more comfortable showing romantic love in front of my children.  I'm not talking about having huge make-out sessions in front of the kiddos...just acknowledging that romantic love is a healthy part of a relationship.  My mom grew up in a very religious household.  Their church was heavy on the hell and damnation stuff and didn't allow dancing of any sort.  Even though she left the church when she got married, it still clearly had an effect.  Along with feeling a lot of unnecessary guilt and shame about things, it seemed like my mom almost felt embarrassed by the concept of romantic love.  My parents rarely kissed, cuddled or said romantic things in front of me.  I think this may have influenced why I felt somewhat unbalanced in my earlier relationships.  I often found it easier to connect intellectually (and even sexually) than romantically.  While I have an awesome husband and feel very comfortable now, I hope to expose my children to it more so that their learning curve isn't so steep.  
  • @BerkeBaby - totally makes sense.  *hugs*  Definitely didn't want to pry, I was just surprised.

• dieforelledieforelle member
    edited December 2015
    Also can I post an OPK picture on here? Took my first one ever to satisfy my need to POAS and like, I think I'm reading it right but validation would be cool. 

**EDIT* Okay nvm I don't wanna be that guy.
  • NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited December 2015
    @TreatYoSelf, thank you. And I hope you are right about others lurking. It would be nice to help someone, even if done without knowing. 
    Any lurkers out there, I'm always here for a pm! Unless I'm asleep, which I should be doing now. But I'll be back tonight!
    Hugs to all of you. You're all amazing.

ETA: although I don't wish anything bad upon anyone, but if someone is lurking and in that situation... you know what I mean. Words are hard when you're half asleep. And I'm not entirely sure my edit makes sense.
  • @m6agua - FX for O soon, but remember, sickness can delay O. I would think that's especially true if you were sick to the point of needing antibiotics, so maybe give your CM a couple more days and see what it does?

• MrsDho11 said:
    LakeR2014 said:
    @MrsDho11  I know others have said it - but I never have.  I love that you read and respond to each posting individually!  I love knowing that someone reads it and then takes the time to respond.   Here's hoping that if we're both blessed with one of each that we can treat them as equals in what they can and cannot do at their various age groups. :)
    You (and everyone else) are very welcome.  I'm always a little concerned that people will find it annoying (ah, social anxieties), so it's nice to hear it hasn't gotten too annoying yet!  :)  Hopefully someone will let me know when it does!
    @MrsDho11 Never.  It will never get annoying! :)
  • @GreatGigInTheWomb - boo for AF and car troubles!

• *** OPK Question ***

The last two cycles my LH surge has been short, and I got my +OPK on the day of ovulation, so I'm testing more this cycle. I got a + yesterday at 11AM and it's remained + so far through 130PM today. I've read that it's recommended you stop testing after the first + because it doesn't matter how long the surge is, you just need to catch the beginning, but I know many of you test until it's negative again.

So I'm out of my Dollar Tree OPKs and trying to decide if I should pick some more up so I can keep testing until my temp shift confirms O. Thoughts?

• @LittleMissTimeLord - as someone who seems to have multiple surges, I say go for it just in case, but as I know I've mentioned before, I love having more data so... take it with a grain of salt!

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: temp, cm, BD EOD

R/R/CS: Can someone let me know if my chart in my sig is working properly?  I've clicked on other chart links and get brought to my own chart instead of theirs, so I want to know if that is happening with mine. TIA

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?  I plan to be more active with my family.  My parents were amazing, but my mother was always so uncomfortable with herself physically she would never go swimming, or play on waterslides, or amusement rides etc., no matter how much we would beg her to come and play with us. And my family did way too much sitting around watching TV growing up.  I enjoy playing with my kids! I never want to be sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else have fun just because I'm worried some stranger might side eye my figure or I might mess up my outfit/makeup. 

#1 DS Apr.2010    #2 DD Feb.2013    #3 DS Sept.2016

• @KayJDT3 - link is good!  Also your chart is pretty.

• @MrsDho11 Thanks so much!! 

#1 DS Apr.2010    #2 DD Feb.2013    #3 DS Sept.2016

• MrsDho11 said:
    @m6agua - FX for O soon, but remember, sickness can delay O. I would think that's especially true if you were sick to the point of needing antibiotics, so maybe give your CM a couple more days and see what it does?
    Thanks. We are more NTNP this cycle so I am just seeing what my chart does. However I wasn't really sick. I just had chest congestion and a cough for 3 weeks so they gave me antibiotics. Also this is my first cycle post MC so they put me on the antibiotics just in case the cough was stemming from that. I figure this cycle could be different because of the MC too. We will see.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @MrsDho11 - I understand. I'm not that old and we haven't been trying long enough. No worries, at all. :) 
  • Mo/C: 4/3

CD: 35

WAYD: Maybe gearing up for a late O?

R/R/CS: I was wishing for AF before, and now I'm hoping this CM/CP means successful O in the next couple of days. I have 1 OPK left. Sex wasn't happening last night and I'm hoping it's not the same tonight.

GTKY: Lots of time unplugged. Letting them be kids but also talking to them about stuff: money, relationships, food, enjoying hobbies, etc. Putting words to things going on in our home/world and helping them put words to things in their life. Definitely calling them on their ish. Letting them know they are loved and also that they are not special snowflakes.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Month/Cycle: month 24 / Cycle 7

CD: CD13

WAYDTGKU: Temping, checking CM, and planning on BDing EOD during FW. 

R/R/CS:  nothing to note here.

I was a Preachers kid, so the rules were EXTREMELY tight for me. Not to say that my parents were bad - that is not the case. My parents were wonderful. However, I regret not being able to hang out with friends after school, and so I would hope to be a little lenient on my kids about going out. I talk with people now, and most people have good stories about hanging with friends back when they were a teenager, and I don't have any. So I think letting them have some fun while they are young is important because once you become an adult, the fun minimizes anyways. its work work work, and bills bills bills. 

ME: 24 | HIM: 30
    Dr put me on BC pills at age 18 to regulate period. 
    <3 Got Married July 2013  <3
    TTC: Since Jan. 2014. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS Fall 2014. (Not IR)
    Fertility Acupuncture March 2015 - December 2015
    First BFP on 2/6/2016!

(Typical Cycle length 35-48 days)

• edited December 2015
    @LittleMissTimeLord I think you and I are both in OPK land. And I tested 2x yesterday with Wondfo opks and got what I believe are positives. And this afternoon's is lighter. And I'm in the same boat. To test more or not? I'm thinking of taking them until I get CHs.

Edit to add does anyone else get O cramps?
  • g8rmama_16g8rmama_16 member
    edited December 2015
    @iceandsnowflakes29 good luck with the acupuncture! I hope it helps! Maybe they can help you decipher your chart! And I am sorry for your losses. It is literally the worst. I knew back then that I would miss her so much when it came time to get pregnant. She delivered hundreds of babies, but not mine. It makes me so sad. I do love running into people with teenage children that she delivered. Her legacy lives on!
    ETA: I get very mild o cramps and o spotting. Mention it to your acupuncturist, mine told me it was a sign of blood stagnation.

@MrsDho11 Sure enough, I put in a high temp tomorrow and got solid CH! Even with an open circle today due to waking up at a crazy time. Hopefully my temp stays up tomorrow! Thanks for the idea!
  • @HeyBooHey oh I will definitely bring that up Friday!
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: OPK, BD ED, CM, Waiting for BBT to come in the mail

R/R/CS: I got my first little happy face on my OPK this morning...it made me way too happy. Just nice to see something turn positive after the months of BFN I guess. FF puts O tomorrow so fx. ( prediction only as no temps yet)

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?
    It really is silly but I cannot think of anything I would change, I think they did a wonderful job.
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 -- I usually do! I also feel super nauseous right around O. I have way more symptoms in the WTO than in the TWW!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers