Breastfeeding

Sunflower lecithin has increased my supply

Hi ladies! Anyone struggling with low supply, just an FYI. I would only get 1/2 oz when I pumped from my right breast (~1-2 from left). The sunflower lecithin is a fatty acid and helps to thin your milk a little by emulsifying the fat. The fat content is still the same, just dispersed/suspended in the milk better. I've noticed that my daughter (3 mo) empties that breast more easily, and therefore my body has increased supply on that side. Plus she gained well this week! It's cheap, 12 bucks on Amazon. I take 1 capsule 4x per day, I've been taking it for a week and noticed the difference within 1-2 days!! PS-I checked with my LC and she said it is totally fine and safe to take!

Re: Sunflower lecithin has increased my supply

• Hm! I'm taking so many different things I didn't notice! Lol
  • Are you taking anything else with it?
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I've been taking fenugreek 2 capsules 3x per day. Also homemade lactation cookies and eating stuff like oatmeal, nuts, etc. But I definitely felt a difference in the fullness of my breasts within 1-2 days, and my daughter seems more satisfied after nursing. I had been offering her pumped breasmilk or formula after nursing to top up (2-3 oz per day) and she hasn't been interested in the supplementation.
  • Thanks I think I'll try it. Going to EPing now that teething is going on and sessions are ending with a bite. I just don't pump that much.