Two Under 2

2.5 year old not adjusting to siblings

Our oldest isn't adjusting to his new siblings well at all. We adopted a new born and 12 month old half brothers this fall and our oldest boy is badly regressing. He was such a mature even tempered little guy we thought the transition would go pretty well, but so far it's been really hard on him. Any tips for helping him though this rough patch and getting used to his new siblings?

Re: 2.5 year old not adjusting to siblings

• Some one on one time with grandma watching the new babies? Is oldest related to them?
  • How long has it been? Maybe he just needs more time. Is he able to express himself verabally? My 2nd child took a good 2-3 months to adjust to the new baby.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • He's not a bio relation to the other boys. And it has been a month. He stated to get better over the weekend he is now only really bent out of shape when or my husband tries to hold the other boys or change their diapers. We have been setting aside special time for our oldest but he still freaks if he is not the center of our attention all the time.
  • Was he adopted too? I'm finding with our baby they struggle with any change to routine. It really plays on their deep down insecurities.