TTC After a Loss

TTCAL weekly check in 12/7

Welcome to TTCAL! This is a great thread to introduce yourself and jump into posting. If you get your BFP, don't forget to come back and update us!

1. Introduce yourself: (if you're new)

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)

3. GTKY: What is something you love about yourself.
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: TTCAL weekly check in 12/7

• 2. WTO. This is my first cycle post MC so I have no idea what to expect. AF is on her way out. Also I'm half way through antibiotics from a cough I've had for 3 weeks but made sure they were safe just in case.

3. I've been feeling down lately so I thought this might be a good question to help me be more positive. Currently there isnt much but I like the way my hair looks when it's straightened. I'm getting a touch up on the color on Wednesday and I can't wait.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• 2. WTO and waiting for results. AF came this weekend (very light so far). This is my first real cycle after mmc like @m6agua. I just got blood drawn to check hormone levels (CD3) among other things, will have results by weeks-end.

3. I love my eyes. They are big and I have really long eye lashes, it's fun to put make-up because it really enhances everything. Recently, I also got a haircut with bangs and it matches my face/eyes well!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 2. Benched. Waiting for appointment with OB at the end of the month to discuss next steps

3. GTKY: This a tough one today. I'm not liking a whole lot about myself lately. But, I guess I'll say I like my long legs.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• I Finished the last of my progesterone on Saturday and AF showed up yesterday so I am in the clear for my surgery next Wednesday! The closer it gets the more I've been getting nervous that I'll end up with a fever or pop a tire on the way to the surgical center or something else so they have to reschedule or something. I cant wait for it to just be behind me already.

This sounds weird but I love my finger nails - I came out of the womb biting my fingers nails and about 3 years ago I finally kicked the habit and started doing manicures at home. Painting my nails is a nice thing for the stress relief and having a fresh manicure just makes me feel a little more put together.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• 2. I am WTO in the next 5-6 days. DH has been warned! I would love to test on Christmas but at the same time don't want to be bummed if it's negative.

3. This is a tough one, but I would say I love my optimistic attitude. I can usually frame things in a positive light and see the good in people. We've been through a lot of crap in the last few years and that's how I adapt.
  • 2. Still in the TWW and it's driving me crazy if you read my post from te other day I'm not feeling very hopeful so we'll see

3. That I'm open, I've always been able to talk about my own life experiences in order to help someone else through a similar situation. My mc for example, it was an Aweful tragic event in my life but when I came to this site and spoke to women just starting their mc I was able to help them or give advice from first hand, I felt like that gave my mc meaning.
  • 11th month TTC, 6th month (3rd cycle) TTCAL. Currently WTO. Last month I O'd in cycle day 23, but that was one of my shortest cycles (35 days). I'm usually around 41 days. LP was 12 days last cycle (my 1st one temping) and I've heard that LP is usually very consistent, so I'm either looking at an extra long cycle or anovulatory one. Feeling frustrated. Temps have been wacky this cycle in general.

I love the fact that I am pretty even keeled. I don't let things I cannot control bother me. I think it generally makes me a more positive person, and has definitely helped me in my TTC journey.
  • Benched until next cycle. Hi, I am new to this board. I had a D&C Friday. I'm already turning negative pregnancy tests, so I am hoping that AF hurries up and gets here. I cleared out the fertility apps and started temping this week to get back in the swing of things. We are going on vacation mid-January to get our minds off the MC and we're hoping conceive our rainbow baby. It happened first cycle last time, so we are hopeful it will this next time around.  

I love I've allowed myself to be open about my MC and open with my feelings and I have reached out to people I know that have gone through what I am going through. It's helping immensely to get through this sad time. I'm actually starting to feel somewhat normal again. I have bad parts of my day most days, but the good parts are starting to rival the bad parts, 

• 2. 2WW. Approximately 8 DPO. This is our first month ttcal after the doctor's suggested waiting of 2 cycles. Yesterday I had a headache that felt like a hormonal headache, I felt some nausea and I had to take a nap. Could it be? I also felt some lower abdominal pressure and pain. Just like last time, I woke up before 5 am ready to get up. Waiting another 4 days to test!

3. love my hair. I just got it highlighted last week and wish I hadn't waited so long to do it. Self love is so important after loss!
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) WTO here, should be soon with symptoms/OPKs, but I'm not temping at the moment. We have been TTC since May and miscarried the first couple days of November at 9 weeks. I had a very short period of time between MC and first AF, 23 days, so we'll see what's up with that. Our doctor initially said to wait 2-3 cycles, but from doing some reading that seems like a kind of arbitrary number. I miscarried unassisted at home with no complications. I figured we'd NTNP and see what happens. What do you guys make of the wait times that are given out? They seem to be more emotionally motivated and for dating in my opinion, but I'm open to some of you smarter ladies chiming in. 

3. GTKY: What is something you love about yourself.
    I love my cheek bones. I used to hate them, thinking they made my face look super wide, but I've grown into them and love them. 
  • 2. Month/Cycle: 7/6, CD9 of my third Femara+Ovidrel+TI cycle.  My monitoring u/s is on Friday so I'm hoping for several good follicles!  I had three follicles last time and still a BFN.  So that was discouraging.  I'm hoping the third time is a charm!

3. GTKY: What is something you love about yourself.  These kinds of questions are always hard for me.  I guess I would say that I love that I have learned to stand up for myself and not let people walk all over me.  That was an issue for me in the past.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chloe97 Welcome.

@fsuswim If I were you I would be peeing on all the things! I have no self control.

@BornReady I think you should do whats best for you. You know your body the best and can tell what will work for you. I MC naturally at home. My first AF came back in less than a month as well. My doc said to wait a couple cycles but the OB said I could try right away. So DH and I decided to NTNP this cycle and then start activelyTTC again next year.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• 2. I'm WTO - it's my first cycle after MC so I'm feeling it out based on temps and AF ending yesterday. My OB said we could try this cycle so I'm watching for O symptoms to start my OPKs. DH is down to BD next week and that's awesome.

3. I love my ability to bounce back physically. I'm still not as thin as I'd like to be, but I do pole fitness and I can do some amazing things - it gives me confidence and strength and something else to focus on. I also love my eye color. I hope someday I'm blessed with LOs that have my eye color!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• 2. Our second month ttc all. Currently in my TWW. Although it's been more than two weeks now. 15 dpo, my temp has dropped and still nothing. BFN as of this morning. So frustrating!!

3. Something I love about myself is my eyelashes, they're long and especially with a little bit of mascara, one of my favorite parts of myself
  • susykat77susykat77 member
    edited December 2015
    Status: I guess I'm waiting to O as long as I do actually O this cycle. Miscarriage was a week ago and today I'm only spotting, so that's good. I need to get a BBT thermometer so I can see what happens this month.

GTKY: What is something you love about yourself. I have a great smile. It's full on, no questions asked, big bright smile.

Edit for spelling

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 2. Benched from Monday's d&c

3. Body-wise, I like my legs a lot, but generally I feel a bit like I don't dress myself all that well, so I'll usually not thrilled with the mirror. More importantly, though, I really like being smart, nerdy, and science-y. I teach physics, and it is kind of exciting being a young (27) woman who is the only one doing the really advanced stuff.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Status: 8th month TTC, 2nd month TTCAL...TWW at this point, 4 DPO so definitely not at the testing point yet. We did everything right this cycle so FX for a BFP before Christmas.

GTKY: Shoo this is tough...since my D&C in September I've been totally slacking on my gym time so I'm not feeling all that great in the body image department. I do love how I help my students though. They are all at-risk youth and it's amazing how just someone who actually cares about them can change the path they are on! They think I'm a total nerd and goofball but they love it!
  • Good luck @lblair80 hope you get that BFP!!!!
  • 1. Introduce yourself: (if you're new) Hellooo. Was casually TTC, had a BFP the day before halloween but found a MMC a month later. I started bleeding the next day but had a D&C today. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) Benched? WTO? My OB encouraged us to try again right away, I don't think we need to wait a cycle, but I'm on pelvic rest essentially so I'd have to get the all clear if we did decide to do it before our next appointment in 4 weeks. 

3. GTKY: What is something you love about yourself. Frankly I am really pretty freaking smart. 
  • WTO. This is the fourth cycle after our most recent mc (#3).

One thing I've discovered about myself in this journey is my ability to stay positive, and since there's not a lot to love about this process, I've come to love that about myself.
    “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”  ~Maya Angelou

~~~~ TW ~~~~~~

Me: 40    DH: 39
    Married 12.19.13
    BFP #1 1/14, MC 2/14 (6wks)
    BFP #2 1/15, MMC/D&C 3/15 (12wks)
    BFP #3 6/15, MC 8/15 (9wks)
    BFP #4 4/16, MC 4/16 (5wks)
    BFP #5 7/16, MMC 8/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #6 3/4 , EDD 11/9/17
  • Hi all. New to this board. 31, married, no kids. Had two very early mcs this fall (one at 5 weeks and one at 6 weeks). They were "back-to-back" with no AF in between, so after second one I was told to wait at least one cycle before trying again. So this was the first month we could try again. Currently nearing the end of the TWW and have a feeling it didn't happen this month. As much as we want a baby, I also dread the thought of being newly pregnant over the holidays as I think it will be hard for be to get excited until further along next time I get pregnant.