Pregnant after IF

*1st Tri Check-In 12/14*

mechelita44mechelita44 member
edited December 2015 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, what your EDD if it’s not listed below, any upcoming appointments, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate.

QOTW: *repeat from last week* I know it's early... but have you told any family and friends about your pregnancy yet? If so, when and how did you tell them? If you haven't, when do you plan to tell them? If you have any great pregnancy announcement stories, feel free to share those as well.

Congrats to all of the Mommies to be:
@HBamama2B EDD 6/17/16
@kaitielynnrichardson EDD 6/17/16
@Msbender129 EDD 6/17/16
@aceoffaith EDD 7/4/16
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16
@TerraMae80 EDD 8/1/16
@rabeckap EDD ???
@kbear28 EDD ???

I know the June Mommies are moving onto their 2nd trimester but I wanted to include you one more time and send you all well wishes!

Re: *1st Tri Check-In 12/14*

• 11 weeks this week :)

As of yesterday, I'm off of the progesterone suppositories!! Best thing to happen so far this week. We have our first appointment with our OB on Wednesday (so far we've only had appointments with the RE). Very excited about that!

We have told both sets of parents....very boring like, in person with cards and sonograms. After a successful appointment on Wednesday, we will call our siblings (5 between the two of us) and then send out a family announcement via email with our Furbaby in a Big Sister shirt.
  • Good morning! Checking in! 

I'm still very early in my pregnancy, only a little over 6 weeks, but boy oh boy am I feeling it. I didn't feel like this with my first pregnancy. I feel nauseous all day and I can only think about eating fruit and oatmeal, if I even think about anything fried or salty I think I may vomit. 

@aceoffaith congrats on "graduating" off the PIO. I can't wait! LOL My bum is in pain!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Loading the player...
  • mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited December 2015

Hi everyone! I will be 9 weeks on Wednesday and will be DONE with Crinone Progestrone tomorrow YAY! @aceoffaith Glad we are both graduating this week!

@TerraMae80  I totally agree with you on the fruit! All I ever want is fruit! Well that and milk, cheese, bread, and pasta. Meat of any kind nauseates me!

So far, we have told both sets of parents. We told them as soon as we found out the results of our betas with the RE. They were also the only people who knew we were going through fertility / IVF. We are thinking about telling our siblings on Christmas Day... I will be 10 weeks 2 days. Our first OB appointment isn't until December 30 when I will be 11 weeks (had appt. with RE at 7 weeks 2 days). Still a little nervous about spreading the news but we'd only be telling the rest of our immediate family. We plan on waiting until I'm 12-13 weeks before telling the rest of our family and friends. No creative announcement ideas yet... hopefully those ideas will come!

• I will be 14 weeks on Wednesday- super exciting!!

My EDD was changed to June 15, 2016, one day after my favorite grandpas birthday. I think that's pretty special :)

We announced on thanksgiving, so naturally everyone is calling the baby "butterball" haha!

We find out the sex during the last week of January- can't wait!!

Had my NT scan on Friday- measurement was 1.7mm. Also had my first round of blood work done.

Next appointment is January 4. Just a routine check up and the second round of genetic testing. Should get results back at our 20 week appointment.

I'm feeling pretty decent, except light headed and migraines every so often. I'm going to prenatals yoga, but last class had to just lay there because I felt like I was going to faint :(
  • Congrats @kaitielynnrichardson on moving into your 2nd trimester, very exciting! Hope your migraines and lightheadedness disappear soon. Good luck at your next appointment. And who knows, maybe baby "butterball" will come 1 day earlier and share your grandpas birthday :)

• Thank you @mechelita44 !! It would be a welcome surprise if s/he came a day early
  • Hello ladies my EDD is aug 8 so I'm about 6 weeks and 3 days .
    Everyone we know Knew we were doing IVF so they also all know that we are pregnant.
    I feel like I'm just waiting. .. I'm hoping once I go for my Dr appt next Monday I will feel a little better about things
  • @poeface, I'm in the same boat, I'm at 7 weeks and  I have my last RE appt on Monday also to see the heartbeat.  I already saw my OB yesterday and have another US appt on Jan 4th.  Also have to schedule a c-section because my first was emergency c-section. I was a little bummed but knowing the risks, I'm ok with whatever needs to be done to make sure my little one is born safe. So, with that being said, my doc said the date may be around July 28th.  I laugh because that's my birthday! We'll see if the date sticks as the pregnancy progresses. 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• I feel like until I'm showing and I'm at the halfway mark I won't feel like I'm in the safe Zone .
  • @poeface My husband and I both felt sooo many emotions when we found out we were pregnant... but the ones that stuck around the most were disbelief and uneasiness. I just couldn't believe it even though my betas numbers were doing what they were supposed to do. But at 7 weeks 2 days when we saw our little itty bitty baby on the ultrasound and saw it's heartbeat, we felt so much better!!! And I hope you will too!

So I definitely know how you feel. And I have to be honest, sometimes I still can't believe it, but that ultrasound pic for sure makes things feel so much more real :)
  • @poeface, I am definitely showing already. I don't know if it's the Progesterone or bloating or what but I look like I had one too many cheeseburgers and it went straight to my tummy lol
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @mechelita44 thanks it helps to know I'm not being crazy. Ultrasound on Monday. ...will be 7 weeks exactly dying to see the heartbeat
  • Checking in late :)
    8 weeks 5 days today. Had second US yesterday, heard a heartbeat and saw our "blob." Doctor said 10 more days of crinone and estrogen pills, thank goodnes.

Everyone who knew about our IVF journey knows we are pregnant - my family, a few sets of friends and a couple ladies in my office. We will wait until 12 weeks to tell my office and a few other friends.
  • Morning! I had my second U/S appointment with my RE. Baby is measuring at 7 weeks 1 day with a heartbeat of 125. My new EDD is August 7th. I am on PIO and Estrogen until Jan 26th YUK! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic