Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Keeps peeing though everything!!!!

My son is almost 2 weeks old. A few days ago, he started peeing through his diaper, his bed sheet, everything!! Like twice a day. I've went up a size in diapers, I'm still using the Vaseline and gauze for his wee wee bc the doctor said too. I'm using Pampers Swaddled size 1. Anyone else have this problem, any advice please!!!!

Re: Keeps peeing though everything!!!!

• Options
    Are you making sure his penis is pointing down when you close his diaper, and that the legs bands of the diapers are pulled out so the ruffled part is not tucked in? If the ruffles are tucked in, they can cause leaks from the leg holes.
  • Options
    Are you making sure his penis is pointing down when you close his diaper, and that the legs bands of the diapers are pulled out so the ruffled part is not tucked in? If the ruffles are tucked in, they can cause leaks from the leg holes.
    All of this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We figured that the Vaseline on our sons penis was acting as a barrier and the pee was bouncing right off and leaking out Wherever it could. As soon as we were done with that the leaks stopped.
  • Options
    I had to switch from Pampers Swaddlers to Pampers Baby Dry because I had terrible luck containing my daughters poop with the swaddlers. She was given a pack of Huggies for her shower, and I must admit that I find them most absorbent. I switch between the baby dry and huggies throughout the day (my daughter gets a rash if I only use one brand), but I ALWAYS put her in a huggies before bed.
  • Options

We figured that the Vaseline on our sons penis was acting as a barrier and the pee was bouncing right off and leaking out Wherever it could. As soon as we were done with that the leaks stopped.

This is what happened with my DS as well. It stopped once we stopped Vaseline
  • Options
    Sorry to go off topic but I've been told by friends and relatives to point he's penis up instead of down to stop the leaks
    But I see you ladies saying down instead of up ??