July 2016 Moms
Options

Cautious PGAL intro

I'm not sure I'm ready to do this, but here goes...

I'm 37 and I've been TTC #1 since January.  I got pregnant in February and found out I had a MMC at 9 weeks, followed by a D&E at 11 weeks.  5 cycles later I got pregnant again, which resulted in a CP at 4w2d.  I'm now pregnant for the third time.  I found out at 3w3d and waited a whole week to tell DH.  The first two times, I told DH, my parents and my sister the day I found out.  I'm 5 weeks today and DH is currently the only one who knows.  My first u/s will be on 12/11 at 6w5d, if I make it that far.

I finally changed my Bump status to pregnant today, but I'm still very nervous.  And joining this board is hard, because I know what it's like to announce that you'll be leaving.  But as the PGAL mantra goes, today I am pregnant.  And the nurse at the doctor's office told me to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.  I'm doing my best. 

I'm due on 7/31 based on ovulation and 8/2 based on LMP, so I'm not really sure where I belong.  We'll see what the u/s says.

So that's my story.  I also want to add that I've been lurking a while and I will miss @PinkLady2015's hamster gif when December comes.  Every time I see it, I get sucked into watching it over and over. :)
TTC#1 since Jan 2015
BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
BFP 8/29/15
  •  CP (age 37)
BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
  •  CP (age 39)
BFP 4/13/18
  •  CP (age 39)
BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
•  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
CP (age 40)
BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

Re: Cautious PGAL intro

• Options
    Welcome! I think you have a great attitude and agree with your nurse, enjoy the pregnancy! I know how hard it is to be in this position - but take it a day at a time and celebrate little milestones.
  • Options
    Happy you are here.  It took me about 4 days to change my status as well.  I am also going off my O date and we are due date twins!!  I am thinking the doc may change once I get an ultrasound, but I would rather think I am 6 weeks and be farther ahead then thinking I am 7 weeks and see a baby measuring smaller.  

I also love that hamster gif as well!!

One thing that has helped me this time is accepting that this is the only way to get that baby.  As much as it hurts and is honestly the scariest thing I have ever went through...there really isn't another way right now.  I also remember that, heaven forbid, I only get 9 weeks with this baby again, I want to enjoy them.  I want to see that bloating belly and maybe even wear a maternity top at some point.  I will worry about later later.  Like you said, right now I am pregnant and have no control over what is happening or going to happen.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats @CarrieandRoy! Welcome!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    Welcome so glad you are here! Here's to a sticky little bean!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome!
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!  You're right, @mrsmommya.  This is the only way to get there.  And I do want to enjoy it while I can.  I only knew about my second pregnancy for a week and it's sad that all I got to experience during that time was fear.  I never changed my status or joined my bmb.

@AL_TwinCities, I'm so glad we're sharing a board.  It's nice to have a friendly face here.  (Or a friendly profile image, in this case.)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I think you're in good company, @CarrieandRoy. Many of us have had similar experiences. I'm fairly new to this group but I can tell there's a ton of support and concern daily! Nothing beats that!! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!!
  • Options
    Welcome @carryandroy Sending you sticky bean vibes!! 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations. We have a big group of PGAL here. Praying this is your rainbow baby and glad to have you join us.
  • Options
    Congrats!!! So happy to see you here! :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Congratulations! So happy for you!
  • Options
    Congratulations and so glad you're here @CarrieandRoy. We are all in this together!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! We got this, friend!
  • Options
    @CarrieandRoy I'm so happy to see you here!!!! Now I'm just lurking because I'm afraid to join you. I'm in the exact same boat as you! We're twinsies I had a chemical pregnancy and now a bfp around the same time as you. My EDD is 7/24/16. I went to the doctors at 6w4d and all was well . I'm due to go back on Christmas Eve, so nervous!!!! I'm not quite ready to join the group but maybe after the next appointment. Very cautious!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge