Babies on the Brain

New here

So apparently I made a minor faux pas when I replied earlier without first introducing myself. Sorry! Allow me to try again. 

Hi! My DH and I are planning to TTC in June, although at the moment we're not really worried if it happens before. I am a librarian, and just put in recently for a part time gig as a Starbucks barista, so hopefully that comes to pass and we can pay down debt a little faster. My husband is an engineer, and thanks to some poor planning on someone's part, is working really wonky hours right now. We have two cats and a turtle...just bought our house in February of this year...I'm not sure what all you want to know. If you have a question, feel free to ask.  
Married: 10-2-2010
Punk's birthday: 3-28-17

Re: New here

• I made the same mistake when starting on this board as well!  Well welcome and hope you find a lot of support and information on this board! Just take time to read the board guidelines as some will be very strict if you do something against them! I see you are currently waiting on TTC but I wish you the very best of luck when the time comes!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome! DH and I are planning on TTC in June as well. :) Lurking is a fun pastime and you learn a lot (well, I did in any case). I look forward to seeing you around!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! This board is much more relaxed than others, so do stick around. Best of luck,
  • schuette2 said:
    So apparently I made a minor faux pas when I replied earlier without first introducing myself. Sorry! Allow me to try again. 

Hi! My DH and I are planning to TTC in June, although at the moment we're not really worried if it happens before. I am a librarian, and just put in recently for a part time gig as a Starbucks barista, so hopefully that comes to pass and we can pay down debt a little faster. My husband is an engineer, and thanks to some poor planning on someone's part, is working really wonky hours right now. We have two cats and a turtle...just bought our house in February of this year...I'm not sure what all you want to know. If you have a question, feel free to ask.  
    Welcome Welcome Welcome :)
    Me:27 | DH: 26
    Married: 7/26/14
    NTNP since: September '15
    TTC #1: October '15
  • Welcome, nice to meet you!!
  • Thanks! The original plan was to start in January, but we decided to push it back and pay off some debt first. Right now my major issue is the waiting to start - several of our friends are on their second pregnancies, which is not helping my baby fever.
  • schuette2 said:
    Thanks! The original plan was to start in January, but we decided to push it back and pay off some debt first. Right now my major issue is the waiting to start - several of our friends are on their second pregnancies, which is not helping my baby fever.
    @schuette2

I totally hear you on the baby fever and the paying off some debts first. DH and I did that before we decided to TTC. The baby fever gets the best of me sometimes lol.
    Me:27 | DH: 26
    Married: 7/26/14
    NTNP since: September '15
    TTC #1: October '15
  • Welcome! No major faux pas to just jump in here. BOTB is pretty mellow. I'm getting antsy waiting to start as well. We're looking at March, and working on paying off a big Care Credit bill in the meantime.
  • Thanks! I just gained a second job to help pay down our debt, and DH is working overtime like crazy (jamming 50-70 hours into one work week), so hopefully we can knock out a good chunk really quickly. I'm sure the next 6 months will fly for us, as the next 3 will for you, Xstatic!