2nd Trimester

22 week ultrasound - boy or girl? Opinions?

LEOW22LEOW22 member
edited December 2015 in 2nd Trimester
What do you think? Everyone says this baby is a girl but I'm not convinced, especially because of this picture! 

Re: 22 week ultrasound - boy or girl? Opinions?

• Loading the player...
  • Don't do this
  • yogahhyogahh member
    edited December 2015
    urgggg, what did your tech say? Why do people think us bumpies can read ultrasounds? We are not trained in this.

cat fail animated GIF

• If a medical professional said girl, it's a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Guess you'll have to wait 18 more weeks to find out who's right.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Trust whatever the person who determines sex of babies on a daily basis said. I don't understand when people take what a professional said, bring it to the internet and ask random untrained strangers to tell them if the trained professional is right. I'm sorry if you wanted a boy, but if the tech says girl, you're making a little girl in there.
  • Again? All these doubtful gender guesses are beginning to make me doubt my own...and we are 100% positive it's a boy.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • looks like a peanut to me :/
  • Thanks for the legit laughs, ladies! No one is doubting any medical professional here, but I am so thankful someone else sees a panda besides me! I've always wanted a panda! Not thrilled on the name Jaxxyon though. Any other suggestions? 
  • Thanks for the legit laughs, ladies! No one is doubting any medical professional here, but I am so thankful someone else sees a panda besides me! I've always wanted a panda! Not thrilled on the name Jaxxyon though. Any other suggestions? 

So you give February moms some snark for giving you similar replies but not here?
  • I find this quite humorous, really. All the sarcastic, rude comments. I just can't help but play along and giggle at how sad this world is when we can't support and humor another mom with a simple, meant-to-be fun question ;) Because I don't post in here all the time, I'm not "welcome" in these boards. I don't owe anyone an explanation as to why I asked, for fun, what people thought they saw in this ultrasound. I have been a member of the bump for 10 years, so what?  I don't post in the boards because people are always so downright mean and sarcastic. So, if everyone wants to be oh-so-funny, I'm not allowed to play along? No fair...boo hoo.

I was hoping someone saw a dragon, or better yet, a dinosaur. I've always wanted a dinosaur. 
  • I just think you all need to learn to have fun with things. Why is this such an issue?! It was a simple "looks like a girl to me!" or "definitely a boy" answer! I never got an opinion from a medical professional as far as gender goes, so nothing to second guess. I'm actually 30+ weeks right now, so this picture isn't even "recent." I'm just having fun with my pregnancy and enjoying the guessing game that makes having a baby FUN! Rather than taking all the ridiculous comments to heart, I'm laughing - - definitely not what I expected from this post but whatever works! 

That gif is so my cat. Lol

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • We have fun. But like you've hopefully read in other threads started by other women doing the same exact thing, it's not fun for us. I really try hard to respect other people's feelings and opinions, but when there's been numerous threads like this and you clearly see it DOESNT GO OVER WELL, wouldn't you take a second to rethink your decision to post it?

We all hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and your child comes out healthy, but at this point, nobody thinks it's fun or cute to guess the sex.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • yogahh said:
    @groovylocks - are you talking about the December bmb? I just read that.. It's horrifying :( it really puts in perspective what we should be doing here. Supporting each other.. Not playing guess the sex of my baby. I'm sure the mother that lost her child would be happy to take home her baby- boy or girl. And then we have repeated post of post of this ridiculousness where women seem to care more about how their child will pee than if they will be healthy....

That's the one. I noticed it had been ressurected and there were thousands of views and lots of new replies so i thought "ruh roh, somebody said something asinine and this wonderful celebratory thread has turned into a gif party" and i went in all ready with a bunch of gifs and all i could see were condolences. And my heart broke and i cried. I have yet to say anything because I am still trying to find the right words to say. My daughter came early, only by two weeks, but she was undersized for her gestational age and is the size of a large preemie. And she is perfect and mighty and healthy. And I know if i lost her, I would never recover. If she died, I'd die. And that thread broke my heart into a million pieces. And then i see people getting heifey about nothing, like LITERALLY NOTHING, and, i don't know.. i just get bent out of shape about it.

I realize it's fun for team green moms to play "guess the private parts" - it is! We weren't team green but did a lot of guessing games before our 19 week ultrasound. But i didn't do them here - that is not the purpose of this board and i felt that was fairly clearly stated.
  • If you don't like my post, don't reply to it. No matter how stupid you think it is, it's still your opinion and if you have nothing nice to say...SURPRISE...don't say it. You have no idea what I have been through in the past with my pregnancies so what you are telling me is that I'm not allowed to post anything light hearted because someone else's heart is breaking. How do you know I never went through anything similar? Maybe this is my rainbow baby after a stillbirth. You don't know, so don't jump down my throat about any kind of post you consider "clutter." Again, don't like it, move on. I am a mom, too, a pregnant mom. You want to talk about how we should be supporting each other yet you've all said nothing but rude things here. I don't read the boards daily, I have no idea what is posted on here before me. I have no idea who else posts about what gender their baby is, but I wouldn't see a big deal if anyone else posted anything similar. I have been a member for 10 years, so what. That doesn't mean I've paid any attention to the community boards all these years. I only have a 3 year old and #2 due in February. No one got bent out of shape over genitals. Simple questions, simple answers. Don't want to reply because you think this post is stupid, clutter, not appropriate? Don't comment. Simple.as.that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"