November 2015 Moms

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

1161718192022»

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• Thinking of the N15 ladies who are waiting to meet their babies!
  • I'm left too! 41 weeks today and induction scheduled for Monday night/Tuesday morning. Midwife said I need cervadil but I scored a 7 on the scale and an 8 would mean I wouldn't need it. I wish she would evaluate me again before we go in for the cervadil but I guess not.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm left too! 41 weeks today and induction scheduled for Monday night/Tuesday morning. Midwife said I need cervadil but I scored a 7 on the scale and an 8 would mean I wouldn't need it. I wish she would evaluate me again before we go in for the cervadil but I guess not.

Do the cervadil. It's a much easier way to start an induction. I didn't need anything else to put me into full on labor when I was induced with my daughter. Much easier on your body than pitocin.
  • Thanks @Pontot31! I guess I am just being whiny because I would rather not stay overnight on monday if I didn't have to, but it's good to know that alone could kickstart things for me. I've been 80% for 3 weeks now so I was hoping it would be a smooth induction but I guess you never know til you get there.
  • Will post my story in the other thread, but baby was out 6 hours after my water broke! Smooth, unmedicated water birth at a birth center. Loved it. I had him on thursday morning, and I am already feeling great. I have nothing to compare it to, but I feel like I'm recovering really well! Had my first bowel movement today and it wasn't bad at all. I had some second degree tearing but I don't even notice it. The only thing that's bugging me is a headache I've had since yesterday. And sore muscles from pushing. Holy cow.
  • Thanks @Pontot31! I guess I am just being whiny because I would rather not stay overnight on monday if I didn't have to, but it's good to know that alone could kickstart things for me. I've been 80% for 3 weeks now so I was hoping it would be a smooth induction but I guess you never know til you get there.

When you get it ask for a sleeping pill and then just sleep the night away. I would have rather avoided both my inductions, but unfortunately couldn't. Starting out slow is the best way.
  • 41 +2, Water broke on Friday night around 10 pm(after my very first internal exam) and contractions started. After an NST on Saturday, was sent home. Contractions are all over the place! Going back today for another NST but will likely be sent home after. Baby boy is breech and we are shooting for a breech delivery. Hoping things become regular so we can meet him today!
  • Will post my story in the other thread, but baby was out 6 hours after my water broke! Smooth, unmedicated water birth at a birth center. Loved it. I had him on thursday morning, and I am already feeling great. I have nothing to compare it to, but I feel like I'm recovering really well! Had my first bowel movement today and it wasn't bad at all. I had some second degree tearing but I don't even notice it. The only thing that's bugging me is a headache I've had since yesterday. And sore muscles from pushing. Holy cow.

Ditto on the sore muscles... damn good workout, that's for sure!!! I was pushing for 3 hours, so all kinds of positions. On my knees, on the toilet, pulling on a sheet...You name it!!!

Did some laboring in the tub as well, was definitely a nice relief.

Congrats!! :)
  • Congratulations @alyssaleighw! It sounds like you had the birth experience I'm really hoping for :)
    It's great to read such a positive birth story!
  • Congratulations @alyssaleighw! It sounds like you had the birth experience I'm really hoping for :)
    It's great to read such a positive birth story!

You can do it! It's amazing how any fear goes out the window and your body just does what it has to do! Also a little tip, if you are able to sleep in between contractions, do it! I had my husband sitting behind me, supporting me, and I was able to doze off in between them, and it was soooo nice to have that rest and have my body relax. I had no idea you could do that until I did it lol. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!!
  • Still pregnant this morning, going in to start induction process this evening!
  • Thanks. Sitting here with cervadil, a little on the uncomfortable side.
  • Thanks. Sitting here with cervadil, a little on the uncomfortable side.

Good luck!
    It's 2:30am here and I have woken up with painful but irregular contractions. I'm feeling like a wimp now - need to suck it up and have a baby already! Hope all goes well for you @JStill0603
  • @sarahsnowball I feel like a wimp too! I am totally terrified for the next 24 hours if I feel this way with just cervadil! Hopefully things progress for you and you can be comfy at home for awhile instead of in a hospital bed.
  • @sarahsnowball I feel like a wimp too! I am totally terrified for the next 24 hours if I feel this way with just cervadil! Hopefully things progress for you and you can be comfy at home for awhile instead of in a hospital bed.

I hope so!
    It'll be worth it :) we can do this! (Which is easier to say in the gaps between contractions lol)
  • I'm excited for you ladies and hope all goes well!
  • Thinking of you guys! It's almost 5 am here and I hope you are both doing well @sarahsnowball and @JStill0603

And you are not wimps! Labor is called labor for a reason. It's hard!
  • Good luck thinking of you ladies and can't wait to see your N 15 birth announcement soon!!
  • recky206recky206 member
    edited December 2015
    My little guy is here! Thanks for the well wishes everyone. My labor and birth experience were nothing short of horrible. I posted the whole thing on the announcement thread so I won't relive it here but I can never go through that again. Ever.

ETA: this is actually @JStill0603
  • So... I woke up with contractions several times last night (Braxton never wakes me) and I'm still having them this morning. However they are between 5 & 7 minutes and lasting 45 secs.

Do they need to be spot on? Also, no show and no water breaking.... I am going to call my midwife if they keep up but if I am just having contractions and nothing else, is that still labor? Feel silly for asking. Sorry.
  • @emzcat - sounds like labor :) keep tracking them and you should see them get more organized. From what I've heard not everyone gets show the same way and not everyone's water breaks before labor. Mine didn't break until we were pushing!

Lots of luck and sending good thoughts!
  • @JStill0603 sorry it was so tough but great job mama! Congrats on your little boy !
  • emzcat said:

So... I woke up with contractions several times last night (Braxton never wakes me) and I'm still having them this morning. However they are between 5 & 7 minutes and lasting 45 secs.

Do they need to be spot on? Also, no show and no water breaking.... I am going to call my midwife if they keep up but if I am just having contractions and nothing else, is that still labor? Feel silly for asking. Sorry.

I just had contractions and no bloody show (did lose part of my mucus plug that morning), my water didn't break until about 14 hours in. It very well could be labor! Try taking a warm bath, that can be a good test if your contractions are still going or if they slow down significantly or stop. When I had false labor, a bath slowed my contractions to 10+ minutes, when it was real labor, they only slowed slightly.

• emzcatemzcat member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks, ladies. ;)

@JStill0603, congrats! sorry your labor experience was so wretched. Glad you're both okay!

Edit: accidentally posted before finished typing.
  • False labor I suppose. It's all but went away.
  • :( sorry to hear that @emzcat
  • You might want to check in with your doctor anyway @emzcat. I was having contractions for days, but when we would visit L&D, they wouldn't appear on the monitor. When I finally went in to be induced last Wednesday night, they noticed my son's heart would decelerate each time I had a contraction. Could be why labor never progressed on its own all those times I was having true contractions but no dialation.

Long story short, he's been in NICU trying to stabilize his own blood sugar since he was born a week ago today. They are doing testing, but it's been suggested that all the decelerations of his heart during those contractions might be the reason his sugar won't stabilize on its own for the time being.

I suspect the decelerations were happening all those times I was having contractions at home before the induction (which resulted in a c section and that was definitely the best outcome.)
  • You might want to check in with your doctor anyway @emzcat. I was having contractions for days, but when we would visit L&D, they wouldn't appear on the monitor. When I finally went in to be induced last Wednesday night, they noticed my son's heart would decelerate each time I had a contraction. Could be why labor never progressed on its own all those times I was having true contractions but no dialation.

Long story short, he's been in NICU trying to stabilize his own blood sugar since he was born a week ago today. They are doing testing, but it's been suggested that all the decelerations of his heart during those contractions might be the reason his sugar won't stabilize on its own for the time being.

I suspect the decelerations were happening all those times I was having contractions at home before the induction (which resulted in a c section and that was definitely the best outcome.)

I'm sorry you and LO are going through all that and I hope his sugar stabilizes soon. Also hope all the testing turns out well.

I definitely called last night because it was happening again and contractions were 4 to 7 minutes apart. They told me to wait it out until they were exactly 5 minutes apart. They finally just stopped.

At the NSTs I've had though, his heart has quickened when I've had contractions. Tomorrow is our last one at 10am.

We will be induced this weekend at 42 a full 42 weeks.
  • So ladies, I was checked for the first time my entire pregnancy (we weren't checking because of Gbs+) and I am only 1cm dilated and maybe 30% effaced says my dr. I'm 42 weeks tomorrow. We are scheduled for induction Sunday night at 8pm so that I can have one of my Drs perform csection in the event that it's necessary, rather than an on call Doctor that I don't know. I have an increased risk for csection (20%) because I haven't progressed at all.

Still so nervous about the antibiotics for Gbs+ as we are trying vancomycin and I haven't had that ever. Hopefully not allergic.

So that's that. Hopefully by 12/14 I will have my baby boy happy and healthy.
  • emzcat said:

So ladies, I was checked for the first time my entire pregnancy (we weren't checking because of Gbs+) and I am only 1cm dilated and maybe 30% effaced says my dr. I'm 42 weeks tomorrow. We are scheduled for induction Sunday night at 8pm so that I can have one of my Drs perform csection in the event that it's necessary, rather than an on call Doctor that I don't know. I have an increased risk for csection (20%) because I haven't progressed at all.

Still so nervous about the antibiotics for Gbs+ as we are trying vancomycin and I haven't had that ever. Hopefully not allergic.

So that's that. Hopefully by 12/14 I will have my baby boy happy and healthy.

Good luck with everything, wishing you a successful and safe induction for you and baby boy!
  • Sending good thoughts for you and your LO @emzcat !
  • Thank you, ladies! Appreciate the good thoughts!