Breastfeeding
Options

Milk Drying Up

With my firstborn I exclusively pumped for a year. Now with my twins I am also exclusively pumping. The twins are 9 months old & ever since they were 6 months old my supply has tanked! I also started my period at 6 months. At 9 months I am lucky to pump 10 ounces a day. Seems like my body is just done. I've tried every trick. Mentally I'm not ready....that's why I keep pumping. And the hormones are going nuts!! Ugh. I think I just need someone to tell me to stop already. I wanted to make it a year.

Re: Milk Drying Up

• Options
    You made it an entire year with your first EP, that's amazing!! And to have repeated it that far with twins is beyond impressive. You've done fantastic! You just have to decide if it's worth the stress at this point. I've made it almost 5 months EPing and think it's been a huge challenge. Mentally I'm not ready yet either, but when it starts to stress me to the point where it's taking away time from my son then I'm hoping someone will nudge me gently and tell me the same. You do whatever you feel is best! Your babies will continue to be fed and loved regardless of their food source.
  • Options
    Omg you have twins and another kid and you've been pumping that long!? You have already done so much you shouldn't feel bad if it's time to quit. I don't know why supply would just drop, maybe stress and sleep deprivation? I hope it works out the way you want it to but I would definitely say it's okay to stop now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I think it was getting my period again that caused the huge drop in supply. I swear, it's always something. I'm starting to accept that my milk is drying up & hopefully my hormones go easy on me this time around. With my firstborn I got major baby blues when my milk dried up.
  • Options
    Hey I get it! I BF and pump at work and I have no intentions of doing the baby led wean thing or going longer than a year if even. But the thought of stopping makes me sad. Plus weaning gets hormones out of wack.