June 2015 Moms

Sleep or sex?

ElRubyElRuby member
edited December 2015 in June 2015 Moms
If you had a choice right this moment what would you pick?

Sleep or sex? 96 votes

Sleep
86% 83 votes
Sex
13% 13 votes

Re: Sleep or sex?

• Loading the player...
  • Lol WHAT. this isn't even close.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • This poll is awesome!! Co-parenting is hard and dh has certainly not made a lot of efforts for our relationship so I don't feel one bit guilty in saying nope! Luckily I go to bed pretty early and can usually fake snore to get out of it.

• I missed our sex life and DH gets up with LO at night so I can get up with the kids for school...for now. He's off on work comp. Maybe when he goes back LO will STTN. Ask me then.
  • We all have the stomach flu over here, DH just got over it, me & DS though are having a rough time shaking it, so. Much. Throw up!! Right now at this moment id choose sleep
  • Sex still sucks over here. We do the deed pretty regularily and I still don't love it :( sleep on the other hand is s gift from the heavens. will sex ever be good again?
  • I'd trade sex for him having overnight and morning baby responsibility. But I also know my man, and he wouldn't wake up in time to prevent me from being woken, and I would 95% of the time not be able to go back to sleep. Thus, ruining the whole point of the damned thing. So... No barter system in play, here
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sex please!!! I had to go to physical therapy after ds was born but due to scheduling could not get there often enough. Then waiting for the pill to kick in it was forever before we attempted. And the first couple of times were very short practice. So we have barely done it and since ds sleeps through the night most nights, my vote is more sex!!!
  • MouseMama817MouseMama817 member
    edited December 2015

I might show my husband the results of this survey. I used to hate getting my period but now I get a garunteed week where he doesn't try it on at all, it's so amazing. Maybe I'll start telling him it goes for 10 days instead hahaha

Pfft. My period doesn't deter DH at all! I wish. We actually had to have a talk one day where I asked him to please just leave me alone for that week. Just one week where I don't have to be made to feel guilty for not giving it up. He still doesn't listen. Whenever it's that time he says I'm on strike but "Your mouth isn't on strike." Ugh.

ETA: my period still hasn't returned so imagine the crap I'm getting!
  • Meh my DH says the same thing. But he's trying to be irreverent. Period hasn't deterred sex in many, many years, sadly!
  • I might show my husband the results of this survey. I used to hate getting my period but now I get a garunteed week where he doesn't try it on at all, it's so amazing. Maybe I'll start telling him it goes for 10 days instead hahaha

Pfft. My period doesn't deter DH at all! I wish. We actually had to have a talk one day where I asked him to please just leave me alone for that week. Just one week where I don't have to be made to feel guilty for not giving it up. He still doesn't listen. Whenever it's that time he says I'm on strike but "Your mouth isn't on strike." Ugh.

ETA: my period still hasn't returned so imagine the crap I'm getting!
    Do it and bite him. That will teach him for talking to you like that. And id back it up with the hand thing too. They used their hand for years before they met us so I don't see how now is any differebt
  • cbrtncanadiancbrtncanadian member
    edited December 2015
    @jesshrou how does he know "every woman has" common now that's just a guilt trip.

I'd tear him a new one (haha?) and see how much he would want to be in commission after such a traumatic event in his private regions.

If he can't respect you now, how are you going to be able to trust that he will respect your wishes if you need to stop when the time does come?

I hope your DH has a serious realization that his behaviour is not okay and he needs to be supportive of your recovery.

Perhaps you suggest that he gets to work pleasing you in other ways slowly working up to it so you can gauge your readiness. Make him earn it for being insensitive.

Eta: we've had a grand total of 1 time since LO, and maybe 2 times over the last 9 months.. Not every woman is back in commission or desiring sex.

• @messymolly08 yeah if my DH told me I could just get to it with my mouth when I made it clear the ride is down for service we wouldn't be together.

Tell him to quit being a disrespectful teenager and grow a pair... He's a big boy he can take care of himself.

There's no good reason for a man especially one that you are married for to pressure you for action. Nope. Never. Sex of any kind has to be a two way street if either isn't up for it No Bueno.

• @devyns2nd that sounds awful. I had a lot of stitches too and the top one popped and formed a lot of scar tissue! Agreed, the scar tissue is the problem! He doesn't get it.

We've had sex twice in 5 months. I know I probably should have it more often but when those two times made me sweat from pain it's the last thing on my mind!
  • Sex. I been having morning sickness and phenergan knocks me out all day. Dh been taking car of the house. (He works from home thank Jesus lol)

• I might show my husband the results of this survey. I used to hate getting my period but now I get a garunteed week where he doesn't try it on at all, it's so amazing. Maybe I'll start telling him it goes for 10 days instead hahaha
    Pfft. My period doesn't deter DH at all! I wish. We actually had to have a talk one day where I asked him to please just leave me alone for that week. Just one week where I don't have to be made to feel guilty for not giving it up. He still doesn't listen. Whenever it's that time he says I'm on strike but "Your mouth isn't on strike." Ugh. ETA: my period still hasn't returned so imagine the crap I'm getting!
    Do it and bite him. That will teach him for talking to you like that. And id back it up with the hand thing too. They used their hand for years before they met us so I don't see how now is any differebt
    Omg I'm dying from this! On a serious note, I have to clarify for my poor husband. He and I have a really playful relationship so when he says that, he's truly joking. He doesn't expect anything to come from that statement. And when I say he makes me feel guilty, he doesn't mope around and act like an asshole until I give in. He just makes playful remarks that eventually start to annoy me. Because he works his ass off for me and DD and truly I do love sex with him. I just have zero energy to get going. The thought of even taking off my socks right now feels like the equivalent of climbing Mt Everest. 
  • DH woke me up at 5am deciding he wanted sex. Seriously? Do you honestly believe the best way to get it is by waking me up before LO is awake? Taking into account I was awake until 1245 last night, every night really. So now he doesn't understand why he's in the dog house
  • I've been going to bed pretty early so my husband can't creep on me or I will actually attack him. I had a c section so my vagina is feeling good but I just don't feel very sexy these days. Maybe it's my new mom pouch and saggy/stretch mark, shriveled, droopy skin. We did it doggy style a few weeks ago and my belly was swaying back and forth. Shame
  • SLEEP!!! With the 2nd one its so totally like that commercial (can't remember what the commercial is for- too tired). Plus I'm an elementary teacher and brain is mush by the time I get home. Most nights I pretend to be asleep when DH tries ;) He would love sex everyday but far too tired for that!! Glad I'm not the only one!...
  • Sex!! All day, every day.
    My only problem is being able to reach the big O. It used to be fairly easy. Now, It only happens in one position. Anyone else have this struggle?
  • I'm 50/50 on this one. I think I could be swayed to have sex most of the time, but my hubby works midnights four days on/four days off. 12 hour shifts. So on the nights he's home he's bone tired most of the time and I'm bone tired because I am dealing with two boys by myself every four nights. We are still just trying to get used to his shift. It's been exactly a year, I hope we get used to it soon because I miss having sex on a relatively regular basis. I think we've done it 4 or 5 times since LO was born. @messymolly08 I get it, my DH would say something like that too and be totally kidding. That's just his raunchy sense of humor. I roll my eyes and don't give it a second thought.