Pregnant after a Loss

Strugglebus

I am 6w1d (or 6w3d) and I wasn't experiencing any nausea until last night and now today.  I've read that sometimes symptoms show around 6 weeks and I am hoping maybe this is just a one or two day thing.  But seriously, how are you supposed to function?!  This past week I have literally been exhausted 24/7 and can't focus on work or anything because I just want to lay down; so now add the nausea on top and I am literally useless.  I am just thankful I work for myself because if I had to function at a high level in an office, I'd probably get fired or have to quit.. I/we also wanted to wait to tell anyone the good news until we were much further along, but now I almost want to so everyone doesn't think I am a load on Christmas, haha!

Re: Strugglebus

• Eat small meals, drink lots of water, and have on hand things that typically don't make you nauseous. Plain toast, ginger ale, I liked drinks with a little carbonation to them like Sierra mist with cranberries juice. I also found that I couldn't think about food. I just had to eat and distract myself from knowing I am eating the entire time. Otherwise I would feel so sick to my stomach I couldn't eat.

Good luck and hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Nausea was my first clue at 9dpo, so it's been on the rise since the beginning, but it reached the point of making me completely worthless and miserable by Saturday. (Im the one that's 6w3d based on O, 6w1d based on lmp, in case you forgot.) So we're in the same boat. Boost drinks have been helping a little. I sip a little throughout the day, in addition to eating whatever I can think of that doesn't sound completely appalling. I also get up in the middle of the night and have some Boost and pretzels. I work for myself, too, and I don't know how people hide this at an office. I'll be seeing my mom on Saturday and I don't know if I can hide it from her. I wanted to wait to tell my family at Christmas, but I look and feel like garbage.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • @CarrieandRoy I remember! That's fun that we're on the same track :) yeah I've been drinking lots of water and a little sprite or ginger ale, but all I ate today were saltines.
    I honestly can't imagine going into work, let alone trying not to look like a garbage truck ran me over. I'm just thankful this isn't my busy season! What do you?
    I already had to tell my mom, there was no hiding it but we haven't told anyone else. I really wanted to share on Christmas like you but my husband wants to wait til maybe 10-12 weeks...I just don't know if I can hold out that long!
  • Saltines were my main thing the first time around, but this time they are too dry. I should try them with peanut butter. I'm trying to drink enough water, but the constant bad taste in my mouth makes water gross. It's actually making everything gross. --I'm a graphic designer. What do you do?
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I had peanut butter on a few yesterday and it was the first thing that tasted good in a few days. I know, I'm doing bottle water because even though our tap water is fine, that and the ice have a weird taste.
    I started off in graphic design but switched to PR, but sometimes I wish I would have stuck with it! Do you do freelance? Now I own a small event coordinating company
  • Yes, I freelance. I'll have to try bottled water and see if it tastes better.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• I could have written this post. I totally get it. I'm 11+5 and about a week ago started feeling normal again. I was so tired I was useless. My poor little boys were so bored. It was all I could do just to feed them, do laundry and keep them clean. Plus I work part time as a dental hygienist and that wiped me out. I'm on Diclegis for the nausea but I'm about to run out. I hope the morning sickness is just gone when I stop taking it. It's too expensive for me to buy another month of it. Hang in there! It's just a good sign things are going well!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Aw thanks @rkrichey! That's what I keep telling myself, all these symptoms are good signs. Does the Diclegis actually help? I've heard of it but don't know much about it. I go in for more bloodwork Friday and if everything is still looking okay and the symptoms get worse, I may have to try it!
  • And I couldn't even imagine having to take care of other kids right now in this state! So I'm impressed :)
  • I read somewhere on the Bump that Diclegis is basically the same as a combination of B6 and Unisom. I don't know if that's true, but the nurse at my obgyn recommended that, so it could be true. I only take the Unisom at night, though.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• When I was super nauseated (and I was SUPER nauseated) eating sour candy at least kind of helped - it was the only thing that could cut through The Taste.

And yeah, DIY Diclegis is B6 and Unisom. I still take a Unisom tab before bed every night and 25 mg of B6 morning and night. Every time I go off it I start throwing up again, so it's definitely helping.

Good luck!
  • Yes the Diclegis is helping. It can be a diy combo like the others said. I read somewhere though that Diclegis is like a time released thing though. But I'm sure you could accomplish the same thing with spacing out b6 and unisom in some way. If you do get Diclegis go to their website for a coupon. Took the price from $500 to $100 for me!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy just really sucks. Sending hugs your way. You just have to put one foot in front of the other and trudge through it. With my first I had hyperemesisis which persisted until my son was born. With my second more run of the mill nausea and vomiting which lasted until the fifth month. I think I was actually depressed during my first and the worst part of the second pregnancy. Take care if your self I am lying down right now, and have been trying to sneak away to lie down for a bit each day after work. Diclectin helps some ladies (unfortunately I don't find great relief with this) Small meals grazing all day helps, it also helps if I don't smell food cooking, a drive through bagel is more successful than toasting something myself. Preggie pops really do work at least while they are in your mouth. Lemon water and tart foods are good for me. Food without strong smells is good, but struggling to keep any amount of liquid down. Adding liquid for me seems to trigger vomiting. So following for any suggestions on that one. You can do this and add awful as you feel right now it is worth it at end... This is my fourth time going through it and I thought through my whole first pregnancy that I couldn't imagine ever going through it more than once: )
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aera11 said:

I had peanut butter on a few yesterday and it was the first thing that tasted good in a few days. I know, I'm doing bottle water because even though our tap water is fine, that and the ice have a weird taste.
    I started off in graphic design but switched to PR, but sometimes I wish I would have stuck with it! Do you do freelance? Now I own a small event coordinating company

Omg, peanut butter is my enemy right now and it used to be my staple! I told my husband NO. No way will we have it in the house - I don't want to smell it, look at it, touch it. No. Way.

• I only have a little bit of nausea but find that drinking sparkling water helps. The first time I was pregnant I had a TON of nausea and found that ginger chews helped a lot. I do have that bad taste in my mouth, though. I keep brushing my teeth to try to get rid of it but it doesn't help.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Ugh...The Taste. It definitely deserves capital letters. I was brushing many times a day, to no avail, but I discovered that spearmint gum does the trick.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• I haven't had any aversion that strong yet @icescreamqueen609!  

@jilligan14 I tried mouthwash and mints, but I agree with PP and gum does/did help.