December 2015 Moms

Don't test me, don't talk to me, I'm unreasonable! (rant)

Oh my gawd, I should just delete my Facebook RIGHT NOW! I am so sick and tired of seeing my families superficial and sometimes passive aggressive shit!

My mother, who I have not spoken to IRL since she told me she was "praying" that her vaccines would not cause her to get extremely ill. Has started posting almost daily updates on when "her grandbaby" is coming. I hate each post. I am never tagged in them and they are all about her! "6 1/2 days until holiday vacation. 10 1/2 days until my grandbaby's due date." No, it's my due date! I am the one delivering this baby. He isn't just arriving through UPS! 

My aunt on the other hand knows how to show her excitement while not making my skin crawl with posts like... "I can't wait to meet my grand-nephew. He is going to be a light of my life just like is momma was and still is. (My name tagged) and (my So's name tagged) are both going to make wonderful parents and it is going to be such a blessing to celebrate with them." So I commented on this post and within SECONDS my mom replied "have you seen what I posted?" Yes, I did but because it expressly had nothing to do with me, I had nothing to say.

The only things I do get tagged in are stupid Buzzfeed videos and overly shared comics of cartoon babies hugging cartoon freaking bladders. I swear, if I get another parody music video that replaces one word with "preggo" I am going to explode. I have my privacy settings so that I have to approve of things before they post to my wall, so these things never make the cut. Hours later I get texts from her asking if I saw the thing she posted and how odd it is its not making it onto my wall. She is not savvy enough to know what I am doing, especially because her "throwback" pics of me and my siblings I do allow through.

rabble rabble rabble. I am hormonal and maybe some of this is an overreaction, but g'damn! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Don't test me, don't talk to me, I'm unreasonable! (rant)

• Sounds normal! Vent it out, mama! You're almost there!
  • Also, yeah! Love that feature that you can't let people tag you without permission! Life saver. It's still there, but at least it's not connected to you!! My father in law's wife is the queen of over-sharing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh that sounds annoying! Just vent it out, you need it!
  • I would be venting too. Your mother sounds like a real peach.
  • Hahaha, thanks ladies :-D It was exteremly therapeutic to get it all out.
  • Ugh! Sounds absolutely crazy making. I'd lose my mind over that sort of thing. Hang in there (and thank god you can keep the majority of that stuff off your newsfeed).
  • Ug. FB plus parents doesn't mix sometimes...or at all! For example, if you want to carry on a convo Mom just text or call direct. Do we have to share this dialog with the rest of the world?! Or seeing that they are completely off the deep end in their political opinions, to the point of embarrassment. Sometimes I just want to leave FB all together. Vent away!
  • Ug. FB plus parents doesn't mix sometimes...or at all! For example, if you want to carry on a convo Mom just text or call direct. Do we have to share this dialog with the rest of the world?! Or seeing that they are completely off the deep end in their political opinions, to the point of embarrassment. Sometimes I just want to leave FB all together. Vent away!

I'm so bored at home tonight, so I wrote a pro-2nd Amendment post, and basically asked people to argue. Haha! I'm a horrible person...
  • Your vent is totally justified! I am worried about SOs sisters posting the baby on FB and IG before I do or am ready...hope your mom is at least respectful of that particular boundary
  • I'm often annoyed at family on Facebook, my aunts love to post 5-10 chains per day (a lot of the repost or you're a heathen, or a "like" = 100 prayers. I missed where the bible said liking a post was a substitute for multiple prayers...). Another aunt posts every ache and pain she has had even if it is to say she took Tylenol. Oh and political nonsense just because someone photoshopped words on a stock photo or wrote a blog post doesn't make it news or a valid political argument!
  • @ariellerene, no you are my favorite person. hahahaha a few months back my old english teacher posted an article about an olympian who was still competing in dashes while 8 months preggo. It was a WHOLE fight that deteriorated to "no ovary, no opinion" from one chick.
  • mrs14678mrs14678 member
    edited December 2015
    @momotheflyinglemur NO ONE RESPONDED!!! Nooooooo one!!!!! Maybe I should start it up here! J/k.