Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

We are going to try daycare @ 15 months.

We have had really bad luck with organizing nanny shares, and cannot afford a nanny on our own so we are going to give daycare a try.  It is the best daycare near us, is a reasonable price, and has an organic chef on site.   I'm not sure that my baby is ready, but we are going to give it try, and if it doesn't work out we will pull her.  I think individualized care is better, but I'm hoping that she will be happy with daycare. The ratio is 4:1.  I am going to be a mess until she starts next month...  

Re: We are going to try daycare @ 15 months.

• We started DS at daycare at 5 months. He is 17 months now and loves daycare! He has made friends with the other kids and he has made bonds with the teachers. I think it's great that he's learning patience, how to get along with other kids and how to share!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for the encouraging words. I am very nervous about it, but the other kids that are there seem happy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the encouraging words. I am very nervous about it, but the other kids that are there seem happy.
    It's normal to be nervous but I bet your LO will love having little friends.
  • I am a sahm and occasionally work for my Aunt at her daycare to help out during vacation time and the ratio is the same 4:1 the kids there do amazing and are always learning .My son will occasionally come check in with me while there but usually he is off playing and observing all the other kids and ignoring me. Any time we spend there he comes home learning something new. Definitely normal to be nervous but I think your LO will be just fine:) goodluck! O and the organic chef seems like a nice plus!
  • Thanks Killysmum! It means a lot.