December 2015 Moms
Options

What Would You Like Your Homecoming to be Like

I asked DH to please have the house clean because it's going to drive me nuts if the house is a mess after I've driven myself crazy with nesting trying to clean it.
When I came home from the hospital last time I was so angry and disappointed to find that DH had pretty much let the kids run the house and hadn't cleaned anything . He then went back to work a few days after I was home and since I was recovering from a c-section it was a while before I could really get around to clean. It was so embarrassing as people came to visit. I think this time will be different as I've drilled it into his and the kids' head so much they are probably tired of hearing it. There won't be any excuses this time because everyone including dh will be on Christmas break.

On the flip side, DH also cooks really well, so I'm hoping for a really big, great tasting meal when I get home. He usually makes whatever I ask for. I haven't decided yet what I want this time.

Re: What Would You Like Your Homecoming to be Like

• Options
    rmarie13rmarie13 member
    edited December 2015
    FTM here so our place is pretty easy to keep up at the moment. I'm just hoping the litter box isn't gross when we get home. I'd also love to come home without any extra company.
    Edited because my last sentence didn't make it!
  • Options
    rmarie13 said:

FTM here so our place is pretty easy to keep up at the moment. I'm just hoping the litter box isn't gross when we get home

My parents bought a self cleaning litter box right before their cat ran away. So now I have it for my little ones. It's AMAZING. My DH hates the cats but he is sooo loyal at emptying this box because it is so easy.

Anyways, I'm the cleaner in our relationship, and DH is the tidier. It works out well. He doesn't do bathrooms or washing counters... But he does fold clothes and makes our bed! We live in a 5 bedroom/3 bathroom home with only two of us in it, so keeping a clean house is getting harder. :(

I really hope your DH and kids step it up!!! I would hate coming home to a dirty house.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My parents are from out of town and are going to be staying at our house while DH and I are at the hospital (being induced tomorrow morning). I'm really hoping they clean a bit, and maybe make us some freezer meals! I think I'm being very optimistic on that though.

On the flip side, I have asked DH for a bottle of "nice" champagne for when we get home!
  • Options
    I just want it to be peaceful. Plus my parents will be here, and I would like to make sure I don't have to share him too much!
  • Options
    My parents will be staying with us the first week. I just want to take care of the baby. My mom has said she'll cook and clean and help out any other way she can. Hopefully it'll be peaceful. :)
  • Options
    rmarie13 said:

FTM here so our place is pretty easy to keep up at the moment. I'm just hoping the litter box isn't gross when we get home. I'd also love to come home without any extra company.
    Edited because my last sentence didn't make it!

I'm with @rmarie13. I also hope the cats don't shed all over everything or get sick everywhere. One of them has separation anxiety and might stress out too much if we're gone more than a night or two. I'm GBS positive so we will have to stay at the hospital at least 48 hours after delivery.
  • Options
    I'm just hoping out house is clean for the most part, and that our puppy hasn't peed all over the place.
  • Options
    I'm just hoping for nice, quiet, peaceful, and clean, at least as much as possible with a 5 year old. My mom is coming Saturday and is going to stay with us at least through Christmas, so she said she is going to help me get my cleaning and organizing on track, since I've been swamped with work and feeling crappy, and my DH is occasionally working and still healing up from his car accident. 

I really don't want a full house, but I imagine that my dad will be here the first day or so, and my MIL at least one day, though I don't think she will stay. I'm not sure. If it's anything like the first time, though, I will probably just hole up in the bedroom or on the couch and relax with the baby and snuggle with my Kindergartener while my DH and my mom handle everything else. After blasting through 38+ weeks of full time deadline-swamped work and all the other lovely mom and housewife stuff, I think I deserve to be waited on for a bit. 
  • Options
    I want to lock myself in my room with baby and ignore everybody. My in law is staying with us and is already talking of how spoiled that baby is going to be and that he is never gonna touch the crib because hes going to be loved on all the time. She is stressing me out to the point that im about to snap so bad is gonna cause my divorce!!!
  • Options
    I am going through the same thing with my mother inlaw, this is our first child and she swears she know all even though she has never been pregnant before.. ugh if she keeps this possessive, my way is the best , I know it all attitude up I might just flip out..
  • Options
    I want a clean house and for people to let me rest with the baby for a bit before they bombard us with visits. I have a feeling that a few people plan on following us home directly from the hospital. I keep going back and forth with the idea of that. I know I am just going to want to sleep and adjust to the idea of a baby at the house, probably shower and just feel like a person again in my own space before feeling like I have to entertain a bunch of people and share my baby with everyone. Then again, I know that part of being able to do all the things I want to do like shower, sleep, etc would mean that at the very least my mom needs to be there because hubby will likely be pretty wiped out as well. A nice meal would be nice too because I'm always starving.
  • Options
    I would love to come home to a clean house also and a deli sub would be nice. I miss deli meat/sandwhiches so much! I am working on getting the house in order before delivering. I would really like to get the carpets cleaned this week. I am also hoping that my two cats don't have hairballs waiting for me on the clean carpet when we get home!

I think I want it to just be me, the baby, my husband, and my mom for the first week. My mom lives 20 minutes away so she can come and go as she likes (she worked in nicu for five years so I feel so lucky for her to be so close!). If my in laws, my dad and stepmom, brothers etc want to stop by that week thats fine because they are great and wouldn't overstay their welcome or anything and really know how to act like guests. My ex step dad is the problem. He is so excited to meet LO but he is the single, party, stay buzzed all the time type. I think of him as a dad and this will be his grandson too but he doesn't know how to act like a guest (smokes "outside" with the door open when we aren't in the room, drinks, is loud, makes a mess, stays like 5-9 days at a time when he said he was staying 3, and sneaks our dog food/treats to the point of her throwing up. He treats coming up here like a party/vacation. He has to drive 5 hours here, always stays with us, and is very unreasonable when confronted about anything (denies giving the dog food etc.). So I still have to tell him if he is coming up he has to get a hotel or go home after we are released from the hospital. A reasonable request but to him it will be like I'm asking him to rip his arm off. Fun fun :)

• Options
    I'd like also like to not be bombarded with visitors, which seems inevitable especially because we aren't planning to have many visitors at the hospital. I think I'd feel differently about visitors if people would ask about visiting rather than telling me they are visiting.

As far as the house and cleaning, I'm not worried since it is just me and dh right now.
  • Options
    I'd like our co-sleeper setup. I'd like my house clean. Mostly I'd like hubby to for real step up & take care of our son so I'm not over-doing it right out of the gate. My DH is fantastic but sometimes he is slow to do what I ask & it makes me nuts. Believe me if rather take care of it myself!
  • Options
    Anyone else expecting a whole wack of visitors? DD is today, and so far nothing so not expecting much. I share a two apartment place with my parents, so myself, DH and the soon to be LO live in the basement apartment and the parents upstairs, and thus, my ENTIRE family is likely to be here because of the holidays, my grandmother is already here(but she's here for the birth, as she will be in the room), my brother is getting here on the 20th, other grandmother, aunt and uncle will all be here on the 24th, and everyone is expecting me, DH,and LO on the 26th at my cousin's house, and then my other aunt and uncles on the 27th. 

I'd like to come home to everyone knowing I need some peace and quiet. I'm 100% positive that is not going to happen though. 
  • Options
    NDPA said:

Anyone else expecting a whole wack of visitors? DD is today, and so far nothing so not expecting much. I share a two apartment place with my parents, so myself, DH and the soon to be LO live in the basement apartment and the parents upstairs, and thus, my ENTIRE family is likely to be here because of the holidays, my grandmother is already here(but she's here for the birth, as she will be in the room), my brother is getting here on the 20th, other grandmother, aunt and uncle will all be here on the 24th, and everyone is expecting me, DH,and LO on the 26th at my cousin's house, and then my other aunt and uncles on the 27th. 

I'd like to come home to everyone knowing I need some peace and quiet. I'm 100% positive that is not going to happen though. 
    I thought I wanted this at first too (peace and quiet), but the more I think about it, the more I'm feeling differently. But it's more in reference to Christmas day. I should be home from the hospital about a day or two before Christmas. I already feel bad thinking my other kids will be bored on Christmas since we won't be able to go anywhere and really don't have any other plans. Well Christmas is my birthday. I woke up this morning thinking how awesome it would be if my family thought to bring Christmas to my house since we can't go out. Of course in my mind that also means that they would bring everything necessary-food so dh doesn't have to cook and a cleanup crew when they're ready to leave. It's all wishful thinking since my birthday is usually an afterthought to my family even though we're getting together to celebrate anyway. But it would be nice. I wouldn't mind it.
  • Options
    Calm and peaceful. I hate chaos when I'm tired. I know it won't happen at least not for.the first 24 hours. Damn family drama.
    BabyFruit Ticker