TTC After a Loss

Birth control while waiting to regulate again?

My doctor told me that my husband and I can't get pregnant too soon, because of an increased risk of another miscarriage, nor should we wait too long... We were told we need to wait apx 6-8 weeks after my miscarriage. So that puts us around the middle of January. Between being scared of another miscarriage... My husband is the best man in a wedding out of state about an 8hr drive in October. My doctor said I can travel potentially through 7 months... So I would need to avoid January and February. In addition to both those conflicts, I think it will be good for me to destress emotionally before trying again, this one made it very difficult to get over and work at the same time...

I can't go back on the pill and honestly we hate condoms, have any of you women used other methods to just slightly postpone trying again? I've heard of people doing the natural way determining when they ovulate, I just really want my body to regulate and I don't want to create any more hurdles... 

PS... If it does happen we will be nothing but overjoyed, it just seems more responsible at the moment to delay a month or so. 

Re: Birth control while waiting to regulate again?

• I also struggled with deciding what contraceptives to use while benched from trying and we just ended up choosing condoms. But If you both really hate those, what about a diaphragm?
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I use charting and watching the signs my body is giving me along with condoms if I am unsure. Sometimes the pull out method.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • We used the sympto thermal method which is knowing your cycle based on a number of symptoms. There are great apps to track this. You could even take a natural family planning course where they teach you to do this in detail. When I was ovulating we used condoms (8-10 days out of your cycle). Your first few cycles could be a little off even if you were very regular before. You'll find your way!
  • I am just temping and avoiding FW while benched. I am waiting until February to try again and my doc asked me if I wanted to go back on the pill but I just didn't want to mess with my cycles either. So I'm temping to make sure my body's doing what it's supposed to and just avoiding sex during the FW. Like you, if it happens, great, but we're not emotionally ready to throw ourselves into TTC yet.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers