Breastfeeding
Options

Breastfeeding & period

Breastfeeding question here.. I'm a ftm & have been nursing my boys for almost 10 months now & since they started solids I noticed a huge drop in supply whenever I pumped. (After they went to bed, when I'm at work.). They always seem content & satisfied when nursing from me though. Anyways, I just got my period this morning for the first time since before I was pregnant. Does this mean I am going to completely dry up?? Help I'm not ready to stop nursing!

Re: Breastfeeding & period

• Options
    Everyone is different, but I don't think so. I'm one of the unlucky ones that breastfeeding didn't keep the period away. With DD1 and again with DD2 I am 6 weeks out from delivery and already having my first period....ugh!!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    My period came back at 7 weeks dispite BFing. I've had 2 now and still at it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got mine 3months post and I'm still nursing my 14month old no problems:) I do notice a little dip during my periods which is normal.
  • Options
    I got my period at 10monthsvand continued nursing until 15months!
  • Options
    I had no idea your period went away during breastfeeding?
    I've never been told this or ever heard about it before
    That's baffling!!!
    Why does it happen?
  • Options
    EBF signals to your body that you are nourishing a child and that takes a lot of energy- so much so that you probably couldn't handle another child. It suppresses the hormones needed for your period.
  • Options
    I got my period back when ds was 1. They were sporadic for while but he's 2&1/2 now and still nursing.