Baby Names

I'm back. More help needed- final stretch

I have really appreciated everyone's help with voting in polls in my quest to find a name for our baby girl. To start fresh, I am 32 weeks pregnant with twins and we have our boy's name picked out. Charles John. Irish last name.  We absolutely cannot agree on a girl name.  I love the names (husband does not): Elise, Maeve, Greta.  Husband loves (I do not): Elizabeth, Juliet, Isabel.  Names we discussed but ultimately abandoned: Meredith and Eva.  We would like the middle name to be Rose after both of our grandmothers.

I would love if anyone could help with some suggestions we may have missed. I love Emma and Grace but they are both too popular right now.  We are looking for a name everyone knows but you don't see in the top 20 lists.

Thank you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I'm back. More help needed- final stretch

• Can you come up with something similar to Elizabeth/Elise ... seems like you are not so far apart with these. Maybe:
    Eliza
    Eloise
    Elsie
    Annalisa
    Alice
  • SusieG85 said:
    Can you come up with something similar to Elizabeth/Elise ... seems like you are not so far apart with these. Maybe:
    Eliza
    Eloise
    Elsie
    Annalisa
    Alice
    I agree with this. It seems like the only names that you have, that are somewhat in common, are Elizabeth and Elise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Eloise & Charles would be cute.

With Elizabeth, Maeve & Juliet name matchmaker spits out:
    Kate
    Felicity
    Aurora
    Daphne
    Isla
    Leah
    Noelle
    Natalia
    Sophia
    Megan
    Laura
    Lindsey
    Anya
    Karina
    Keira
    Teagan
    Jocelyn
    ...and many more.

Maybe you can find something that combines your naming styles. DH & I have really different naming styles. It's tough!
  • Julia instead of Juliet?

Are you planning to call Charles Charlie? If so, I think sister needs a nn name too. In general, I don't think you have to have nns, but I think if one strictly goes by a nn the other probably should too.
  • Is Noelle too cute for a December baby (assuming I go early)?  I like Leah.  

Yes, Charles will be Charlie.  I don't like the NN Julie, which is one of my issues with Juliet/Juliana type names.  

• I have a Julia and I was worried about the Julie nn too but it hasn't been an issue. I had one person call her Julie and I politely corrected him and it hasn't happened since.

Suggestions:
    Genevieve
    Bridget
    Hannah
    Alison
    Fiona
    Nicolette
    Lydia
    Audrey
    Bethany
    Susanna
    Samantha
    Margot
  • I would never call a Juliet/Juliana Julie as a nn. Totally different names. Jules, though, is another story.
  • Ella Rose
    Ellen Rose
    Alondra Rose
    Edith Rose
    Julia Rose (I love this and it is close to Juliet)
  • I really like Noelle! I actually assume that babies named Noelle are holiday babies, but they almost never are.

Elsa
    Alexis
    Alyssa
    Laurel
    Miranda
    Hannah
    Flora
    Lydia
    Elena
    Rachel
    Colette
    Adrianna/Adrienne

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Natalie
    Nicholette
    Nola
    Pamela
    Gretchen
    Helen
    Emilia

• littleloves3littleloves3 member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you all so much for the help! 

• I really like the suggestion of Eloise! It seems like a great combination of Elise and Elizabeth. What does your husband think of it? 

Charles John & Eloise Rose is a wonderful set.

Charles John & Maeve Rose is my second favourite.
  • holoceneholocene member
    edited December 2015
    I don't think Noelle is a cheesy name for a holiday baby! I like Noelle quite a lot. 

I utterly love Holly, but my husband can't deal with the Christmas baby/Christmas name thing, so I feel your pain!
  • It seems like he likes very traditional classics and you like older names with a bit more sass or spunk. What about finding a super classic name for him with a fun nickname for you?

Margaret/Greta
    Harriet/Hattie
    Elizabeth/Eliza, Betty, Bess

I like Noelle too.
  • I tried Eloise early on and it was not well received by my husband. He is a very tough name critic. He really likes traditional, feminine names.  

We both agreed on Noelle for a possible holiday baby and also both love Emily.  I really wish it wasn't so popular, but we both think it's just a classic, strong, beautiful name. Emily Rose gives me pause b/c of the exorcism movie, so I am thinking about Emily Grace (my sister's middle name I have always loved- also common, I know, but classic).  Thoughts?

• I tried Eloise early on and it was not well received by my husband. He is a very tough name critic. He really likes traditional, feminine names.  

We both agreed on Noelle for a possible holiday baby and also both love Emily.  I really wish it wasn't so popular, but we both think it's just a classic, strong, beautiful name. Emily Rose gives me pause b/c of the exorcism movie, so I am thinking about Emily Grace (my sister's middle name I have always loved- also common, I know, but classic).  Thoughts?
    I think Emily is nice, but I think Noelle is just stunning.  Noelle Grace! So pretty!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird